How old are you (musically)? - take the test

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:kvr iz seriouz bizniss.

aMUSEd wrote:
Sublime song and video - remember when it first came out
Absolutely, and from my home city Nottingham too :)
Takes me back to the hazy couple of years during my sixth form, with early-mid 90s risk-taking and slightly pretentious tunes by the likes of Portishead, Tindersticks and others.

ps, for the poll I was musically over 28, which is probably no surprise given I prefer Scratch Perry, Augustus Pablo and King Tubby.

Pretty flawed test.
Half of the songs are from 2008/2009. :dog:
And I don't think there was hardly any songs from pre 2000.

As long as I live, I will never understand these kinds of tests/polls and the world view they assume.

They assume that no one reads music history, and that nobody listens to anything but what was popular when they were in high school. The possibility that one could become enamored with music that was made long before one was born simply does not occur to them.

Kind of depressing, really.

For the record, I regularly fail to recognize popular music from my own adolescence as well as music made more recently.

Apparently, I don't like music at all. Rather strange, considering.

herodotus wrote:For the record, I regularly fail to recognize popular music from my own adolescence as well as music made more recently.

or maybe you have alzheimers?

vurt wrote:
herodotus wrote:For the record, I regularly fail to recognize popular music from my own adolescence as well as music made more recently.

According to several authoritative and totally plausible people, Alzheimer's is really demonic possession.

So I hope not. Because I don't want my wife to have to deal with green vomit or swiveling heads.

Still, it would explain things.

:scared:

vurt wrote:

That's when you fail to recognise your own music. Ever had that moment where you go "I don't remember making this at all?"

I broke the mirror

sjm wrote:
vurt wrote:

That's when you fail to recognise your own music. Ever had that moment where you go "I don't remember making this at all?"

every morning...

herodotus wrote:
vurt wrote:

According to several authoritative and totally plausible people, Alzheimer's is really demonic possession.

So I hope not. Because I don't want my wife to have to deal with green vomit or swiveling heads.

the vomit and swivelling head is something hard to deal with.
but sex with the demonically possessed is dynamite!

so from her pov, swings and roundabouts.

vurt wrote:
herodotus wrote:
vurt wrote:

the vomit and swivelling head is something hard to deal with.
but sex with the demonically possessed is dynamite!

so from her pov, swings and roundabouts.
This explains more and more.

show off.

the only song i've even heard from that test was the eminem one ...

experimental.crow wrote:the only song i've even heard from that test was the eminem one ...

ooh! get you, with swag...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”