ByeBye Daft Punk

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elxsound wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:48 pm
kritikon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 am You can buy action figures of bands?
Jeez, I've obviously been under my rock for a long time. I can just imagine what merchandisers could do with, say, action figures of Amy Whitehouse with syringe in one hand. Or Rolling Stone action figures-falling-out-of-tree. My mind had just been boggled.
Pop Culture is for sale!
I get that - it always has been for sale. But it just seems strange to me that, what, I presume kids? Are sitting at home playing with action figures of their favourite band. Really? What do they do - arrange them like a live set on stage and move them around like they're playing a gig?

I get toy cars, action men type figures, my little pony etc. Bands just don't seem like a thing kids would either want or use - I was never into music as a kid of the age that had action figures. Or is it adults? I suppose if people collect daft things like beer mats, maybe it's no stranger to collect band figures. Just doesn't seem like a thing to me.

kritikon wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:36 pm
elxsound wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:48 pm
kritikon wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:47 am You can buy action figures of bands?
Jeez, I've obviously been under my rock for a long time. I can just imagine what merchandisers could do with, say, action figures of Amy Whitehouse with syringe in one hand. Or Rolling Stone action figures-falling-out-of-tree. My mind had just been boggled.
Pop Culture is for sale!
I get that - it always has been for sale. But it just seems strange to me that, what, I presume kids? Are sitting at home playing with action figures of their favourite band. Really? What do they do - arrange them like a live set on stage and move them around like they're playing a gig?

I get toy cars, action men type figures, my little pony etc. Bands just don't seem like a thing kids would either want or use - I was never into music as a kid of the age that had action figures. Or is it adults? I suppose if people collect daft things like beer mats, maybe it's no stranger to collect band figures. Just doesn't seem like a thing to me.
i think its more the adults who grew up with the star wars/gi joe and so on action figures.
the daft punk ones are the only ones that were action figures, and im pretty sure originally they were album promo limited things.
then there were a couple of runs of different suits/helmets, again, very limited.
most of the rest would be vinyl collectables, not even posable. or some are bobbleheads :hihi:
although as i said earlier, the beatles have a few lego bits, a yellow sub (of course) some face art things, and back when the liverpool lego store opened they gave away 200 free, fab four minifig sets. which are now worth a f**king mint!

Don't know why groups need to split up instead of just rest, unless they have been in a big personal conflict. Anyways it's sad to see imo. They have been trendsetters. But also have shown they can make masterpieces as individuals.

StroboMarc wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm Don't know why groups need to split up instead of just rest, unless they have been in a big personal conflict. Anyways it's sad to see imo. They have been trendsetters. But also have shown they can make masterpieces as individuals.
Maybe they want to quit while they are still somewhat legendary.
Those helmets must be awful hard to wear when you get into your 60s-70s.

So what will vurt and BONES do now? Are they still talking to each other?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Didn't Thomas have some hearing issues before? Maybe it got worse...

Aloysius wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:28 am So what will vurt and BONES do now? Are they still talking to each other?
actually, little known fact, we never spoke at all.
now we are free to speak out, i will explain why we never spoke and why the split has happened, at this point in time. you may be shocked by this, i apologise in advance to anyone who suffers any malady, fit for an alienist, after reading this, the truth, as awesome and unbelievable as it may sound.

we (the two humans involved) were, as far as we were concerned, were unconscious and dreaming (didn't even notice 28 years had gone :cry:).

the "helmets" as you know them, look like a manufactured item, they were in fact "shape changing avatars of the universe's inner consciousness.
they used our bodies to send a message to save humanity from an upcoming crisis.
sadly you lot never decoded the messages, they didn't tell us as we were unconscious, so we don't know what said crisis is, other than we know they have now f**ked up before, in their words "the shit starts to happen!"
so yay!

they made us do some awful things too!
have you heard "one more time"? :cry:

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:41 pm they made us do some awful things too!
have you heard "get lucky"? :cry:
Fixed.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”