Kontakt 6 - any rumors about release?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Kontakt

i'm about ready to do the upgrade from K3 - need it to play any non-Player libraries, my installation DVDs being in a box that got lost somewhere while i was moving.

now i'd feel silly if K6 was right around the corner, and it's been a good while since the last number change...

NI doesn't seem in the habit of announcing things like that openly, but maybe someone round these parts has heard something through the grapevine? thanks.

The only ones to know this would be the beta testers and they would not be allowed to write about it due to the NDA they signed.

I heard it's out on Monday ... but what do I know? ;)

No way they release a new Kontakt that isn't part of the next Komplete. And since 10 just shipped Oct 1, I think the next one is still a bit away.
-Matt

Nobody said they couldn't release it before Komplete 11. :D Kontakt releases were mostly in Autumn, so... who knows? :)

hm, thought so.

oh well, i guess i'll jump the gun. exclusive K6 libraries are a long way off anyway...only thing regrettable would be a major upgrade to the included library, which K4 was iirc, not K5 so much.

Okay, so it's definitely either Monday or Autumn.

:D

Komplete 666 will be released on 6-6-at 6PM
Kontakt 6
Absynth 6
Reaktor 6

or Monday or Autumn.
Pick one.

Whenever K6 is released someone will be upset that they just bought K5.

The best thing to do is buy K5 right now and get the longest-possible use out of it (so your cost/day is the least it now could be) before K6 arrives.

Similarly, buy K6 on the day it is released to get the longest possible use out of it.
;)

Or, make some music with what you can right now and dream patiently of the day when you can use those newer libraries.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I resisted K5 for years, my position was a critical mass of development happens which requires it and then I acquire it. And boy, did it. AFAIC, in 2014.
I don't expect a massive addition to the factory library, albeit my recollection of new additions is not reliable. I'm using a few things from 'world' that may have arrived with K4. I used the new choir once. That is not really the driver for my choices. I don't even have the factory lib for 5 installed, it seems redundant and a waste of HD space. YMMV.

I have seen a rumor about K6 in testing, no facts. As was said already, NDAs.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Komplete 666 will be released on 6-6-at 6PM
Kontakt 6
Absynth 6
Reaktor 6

or Monday or Autumn.
Pick one.
I was wrong.
it is 3 times 6
March 6 release of all the sixes.

8 days before pi day.

So Monday or Autumn or
March 6 (I assume 2015)

jancivil wrote:I have seen a rumor about K6 in testing, no facts. As was said already, NDAs.
That's enough for me. Let's get our own rumours going. What I heard (sure, from the voices in my head) was that K6 would feature a spectacular granular engine - AND out-of-the-future resynthesis functions that would make A2 blush with envy.

Just relating what I heard. :D
perception: the stuff reality is made of.

Kamel AlKemy?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Kamel AlKemy?
Not this again. :dog:

:roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”