Manybass problem (Solved- problem was a soundset path issue)

Official support for: manytone.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

I just bought and installed Manybass. I encountered weird problems when installing: the soundsets were not unzipped even though I followed instructions and got no error message. I had to manually unzip them and stick them in the right folder, then uninstall and reinstall the dll so it learnt the correct path...

So it seemed like everything worked fine, BUT now when I load it in energyXT 1.4, whenever I switch to another preset, and then want to go back, nothing happens, ie, I get no sounds, the corresponding soundset doesn't load.

In fact, as soon as I've loaded a preset, if I switch to another and want to get back to the one that was loaded before, it doesn't work.

Also if I save a project with an instance of Manybass, close it and then open it again, Manybass remembers the preset that was saved, but again it doesn't load the corresponding soundset.

The same thing happens in Reaper and in eXT2.

Can someone please tell how to solve this? It looks like the preset path is someone messed up.

thanks

d

I tried another uninstall/reinstall, no luck; I also tried exporting the bank to fxb and importing from there, same problems. I even trying saving one preset: same thing again.

:help:

Hi
This happens when the soundsets are not in the proper place.
Can you send me the exact paths to your soundsets on your system.

Do you have wusik installed? If so what is the path to its soundsets?

I have no idea why the installer did not work for you as it has worked for hundreds of installs to this date.

Lets try and trace it.
Thanks
Paul

Hi Paul,

this is the path for the soundsets:

E:\VST\Instruments\Synths\Wusikstation\Wusikstation DATA\SoundSets\ManyStation Data\Soundsets\ManyBass

Again, what's odd is that Manybass does find the soundsets when I first load it in my host, but then seems to loose trace of them when I switch presets.

Also, does the installer also install presets in a different folder? Because I found this in my Wusik preset folder:

E:\VST\Instruments\Synths\Wusikstation\Wusikstation DATA\Presets\Presets

And it's empty. Could it perhaps be the place where MB stores the presets? I'm not sure whether or not it was there before I installed MB.

Thanks

d

Ahhh
The path is wrong to start with.

The ManyBass folder should sit like this on your system:
E:\VST\Instruments\Synths\Wusikstation\Wusikstation DATA\SoundSets\ManyBass
(with no space before the "n"... this forums script is putting the space there)

So you need to eliminate the extra folders (\ManyStation Data\Soundsets) and be sure the Manybass folder is directly in your soundset folder. (See how you have 2 soundset folders listed... the Manybass folder must be directly in the first soundset folder)

Try that.

Paul

OK, I moved the soundsets and it works now!

Thanks Paul!

d

[oops sorry i forgot to edit the title, i see it's done now]
Last edited by dacaumodo on Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:tu: :clap: :party:

:D

:phew:

hibidy wrote::phew:
:D

Another example of my legendary incompetence :oops:

Return to “Manytone Music”