Problem (Fixed) VSTi host(s) to load Manystation

Official support for: manytone.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

riley4reason wrote:
Dimwit wrote:I'm sorry to be so frustrted but It seems Im the only one having this problem.

Did you install the data files first, then the VSTi?

Hope you get it working. Riley
Yes Riley, in fact i've done it four times now.

I'm really thinking about system restore or even just reformating my hard drive and starting from square one to simplify and eliminate any potential conflicts.

Could a virus protection program corrupt a download?
But's there is not file size discrepancy(save for one kb) :) So I doubt the files are corrupted.

It defies all logic. I think Mr. Spock would have a problem with this one :lol:

we went over this in chat last nite.
I am sure your files were all good at that time.

Wait for william. Maybe he has a way to try something with you... Hang in there. It is bound to be something we will be kicking ourselves about too.
It does work and don't do to extremes on your Harddrive.
I am almost positive Nothing is corrupt.
Paul

I put my data files in the same directory as the .dll files for my host VSTi folder. I did this for Wusikstation and Manystation. Both work great.

Was I supposed to do that?

I thought it was kind of strange cuz with Trilogy and Atmosphere I put the data files in thier own directory right off of the C drive, then have the .dll map back to the data.

Riley

Dimwit wrote:Now this is my default path:
Destination location:
C:\Program Files\ManyStation Data
Dimwit wrote:Im also curious about that section of the PDF I cut and paste in the above post. Could you clarify that? Especially the "You will note that I have placed the data in a folder called “WusikEngine Data”. part
I wrote the note, so let me comment.

You will see at the top of page five in the read this first note, that there is the "select destination location" screen shot. This shows the location as being "C:\Program Files\ManyStation Data". Below the screen shot the text says "click on browse and choose the destination for your folder".

I chose not to install the data in the default location.

Instead I chose to install the data in "c:\WusikEngine Data" (since I use other WusikEngine based products).

As the location I chose was different from the default location, I drew this to the reader's attention. Hence the comment "You will note that I have placed the data in a folder called “WusikEngine Data”.

Let me know if you want further clarification.
Dimwit wrote: Like I said it just opens up Manystation Data folder, and waits for me to select something else. If i click on
any folder i.e
FX banks, sounsets, skins, wseq files it opens their subfolders
it doesnt matter
Just hit the select button again.

Have you ever got past this step?
Dimwit wrote:I'm really thinking about system restore or even just reformating my hard drive and starting from square one to simplify and eliminate any potential conflicts.
Please don't. A nice cup of tea would be far more beneficial. There is a reason why it works for everyone else - we just need to identify the step where things go wrong and then update the documentation before the next guy falls into the elephant trap we have left for you.

I hope you get everything working.

Simon

Also
I think what Riley did is a good idea as then it may not ask to be pointed,
William or Simon can you confirm this or something like this, i know we have talked about before.
Paul

Simon_Cann wrote: Just hit the select button again.

Have you ever got past this step?

Simon
Yes lets say I go to Program files and click Manystations folder, ok np problem it shows me all the sub folders in that folder in the dialog window. If I don't highlight anything elese and click the select button DING! I get"fatal error couldn't read banks folder!"

and thanks for clarifying that PDF entry, now I understand

riley4reason wrote:I put my data files in the same directory as the .dll files for my host VSTi folder. I did this for Wusikstation and Manystation. Both work great.

Was I supposed to do that?
I think this may have been necessary in some of the Wusikstation betas. However, it is not a requirement now.

William may correct me, but I believe the general advice now is to put your WusikEngine data wherever you put your other samples. On my production machine I have a dedicated sample drive and this is where my WusikEngine data lives without any problems.

Simon

manytone wrote:Also
I think what Riley did is a good idea as then it may not ask to be pointed,
William or Simon can you confirm this or something like this, i know we have talked about before.
Paul
Ok let me try that.

Dimwit wrote:Yes lets say I go to Program files and click Manystations folder, ok np problem it shows me all the sub folders in that folder in the dialog window. If I don't highlight anything elese and click the select button DING! I get"fatal error couldn't read banks folder!"
OK, now I'm confused - I tested it here and it works. I think this is where we need William to step in.
Dimwit wrote:and thanks for clarifying that PDF entry, now I understand
My pleasure.

Simon

Yes lets say I go to Program files and click Manystations folder, ok np problem it shows me all the sub folders in that folder in the dialog window. If I don't highlight anything elese and click the select button DING! I get"fatal error couldn't read banks folder!"
I am sure you have but make sure all banks and skins are in that folder you are browsing to.

I have my stuff seperate too like Simon
The reason for the pointing to is so you can Move your data, say if you want to put on a Bigger Harddrive etc.
and Wusik Engine will find it and all your Old Projects will load fine. It is difficult for beginners sometimes at first maybe but it is a good feature. Alot of programs mess up when you move your samples, this won't. The old guys with full drives will love this. We will get you helped here and you will figure this big VSTi world out soon.

Anyways .. i think there is still a way not to make it point. Willy?
Paul

Ok i've tried three things here.

I took MSdata folder that was originally
Program Files>Manystation Data

and i went

Program Files>Tracktion>plugins>VSTplugins

so that the two folders(MSdata, and MSVsti) were sitting side by side

Fired up Tracktion
No difference

Then I took the MSdata folder and dropped it directly into MSVsti folder.

Ditto

Then I moved both folders to Program Files>Traktion>plugins to see if that made a differance.

Nope

and Paul remeber that Banks folder, I don't have it in MSdata. I have four folders in there
FX Banks
Skins
Soundsets
Wseq files

I did a search and Banks went to C: again
WTF?!!!

So let me put Banks folder into MSData and see if that makes a differeance.

hold out for william.
He will come by.
Paul

YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

THAT WAS IT!!!!!! IT WORKING IN TRAKTION NOW!!!!!!

I draged the misplaced Banks folder into MSData and hit select when the dialog came up and Traktion now has it listed as a filter in the pull down menu!!!!!

THANKS everyone for being patient with me!!!

it loaded now
you have REAL Sound Yet?
Paul

:harp: :band: :band2: :phones: :party:

Now you have to write track for us. :hihi:

Return to “Manytone Music”