Thenatan releases "Vybz" Lofi Multi-Effect Plugin with 63% off Intro Offer discount

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vybz - Lofi Multi FX Plugin

Yes. In my experience it seems like there is a class of plugin devs that I had referred to as "one-offs". This is not new but it feels like there are more one-off products coming online as time goes on. It's certainly a viable business model: create a plugin, website, ecom, advertise, get the price as low as possible to make the desired profit. done. no need to do anything else. you could easily spreadsheet something like this up and see if it's viable by hiring a freelance dev to build and test it for you. or if you have some dev/pm chops, do some of the work yourself, like a general contractor in a brick-and-morter building sense.

It seems one-offs are inexpensive, so that's one clue. also look at their site etc for clues of updates and track record with other products. If they are new with one product... well.... sometimes it's confusing like with Rift. That was not cheap. And to me it smells like a one-off, so I bought it with that expectations. It's a topsy-turvy world this audio plugin phase of human existance. I approach it like a fun game, trying to evade the risks and get the best deal. But that's me. The bar is low. Good luck.

On sale for $9.99 at adsrsounds currently.

I tried the demo (worked perfectly in live and reaper as far as I could tell), it's a good looking collection of modules for sure but think I have everything it offers separately. Is there some 'killer function' I may be missing that makes it irreplaceable?

Hmmm….. ‘killer function’…. Can’t think of one off the top of my head. Though you may find value in a ‘one stop shop’ of cohesive tools? Maybe not? :)

As an FYI, I’m on win 10 using Studio One 5 and have had no issues with this. Maybe not using it right? :)

I have a few other items from them and have no issues with those either (Tapex 2, Brain).

So, is it stable now? I heard about instability and poor update rate... how is it now?

Please note I already have XLN RC-20, does it add something to it?

Thanks,
Mario

dopet wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:21 pmThough you may find value in a ‘one stop shop’ of cohesive tools? Maybe not? :)
Oh that shouldn't be underestimated, I love Byome for example and have it working multi-band with some nifty routing in Reaper but Triad is a lot easier to use in this respect and ultimately more inspiring.

mabian wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:26 pm Please note I already have XLN RC-20, does it add something to it?
I think it has modules that RC20 doesn't but my understanding is RC20 does vintage dirt, vinyl sounds etc better, more impulses etc.

mabian wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:26 pm So, is it stable now? I heard about instability and poor update rate... how is it now?

Please note I already have XLN RC-20, does it add something to it?

Thanks,
Mario
As I mentioned, their plugs have been stable for me. As far as updates, etc… I am a fairly new customer to them so I can’t really comment on that.

I’ve never did a side by side comparison with RC 20. I recall they seemed pretty similar, but slightly different. I didnt have a plug-in like this, so to try it out I went with the cheaper option at that time. :)

just a heads up... today i installed Vybz on a new M1 Max and using Live v11.1 beta, i've experienced no problems at all. Can't say the same for my previous win10 machine running Live v10, which couldn't run the plugin without crashing.

New plugin out from Thenatan - "Hatz"

Yeah, i saw that too. Hopefully this means they'll have time and resources now to finally update Vybz.

Yeah, hope so. I like Vybz and works well for me. But hoping more updates are on the way.

Vybz is for $9.99 currently at ADSR. (for the next 2 weeks or so)
https://www.adsrsounds.com/product/soft ... ct-plugin/

Is Vybz running fine on Windows 10 / Live 11?

dermage wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:56 pm Is Vybz running fine on Windows 10 / Live 11?
It is for me. It was running fine for me when I was on Win10/Live11, and is still running fine on Win11 for me. I've personally never run into any issue with it.

Haven't tried Vybz, but my experience with developer has been one of non-response. I bought Tape2 and it crashes my DAW. ADSR even tried emailing on my behalf and got no response.

It's not bad, better for rap than anything - But, the latency of it is dissapointing.

Return to “Effects”