Blue Cat's Digital Peak Meter Pro (2.1) + Tutorials + Skins

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you (just got out of bed!! :-o ). All works great now in EnergyXT. The only thing I am not so keen on is the Peak and RMS meters at the top of the plugin - I would like the option to disable them to preserve CPU (as I only really use the plugin to convert audio to midi data). Plus it seems a bit odd the way the meters are placed in that I think it would be better to place the Peak L+R and RMS L+R meters together rather than as they are now with the Peak/RMS L + Peak/RMS R.

Other than that, this is a good plugin which will get plenty of use by me. I just spent half an hour with a Synth1 and SH-1 reverb using the DPMP2 to convert the Synth1's audio signal into midi data to control the SH-1's reverb level. Great fun!! Payment is on it's way. :)
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

just got out of bed!!
:o Aren't you supposed to be living in UK???? Isn't it 7p.m. over there...?
The only thing I am not so keen on is the Peak and RMS meters at the top of the plugin - I would like the option to disable them to preserve CPU (as I only really use the plugin to convert audio to midi data). Plus it seems a bit odd the way the meters are placed in that I think it would be better to place the Peak L+R and RMS L+R meters together rather than as they are now with the Peak/RMS L + Peak/RMS R.
This can be changed. If you wish I can do a custom skin for you in a few minutes (it's very easy). Do you want just to get rid of the meters or do you want to remove the graphs too?
But you know, these UI elements don't cost too much CPU anyway...

BTW thanks for the comment about grouped L+R. I'll probably do another skin for this too. There should be also a vertical meters skin soon. It's just a matter of time :)
Other than that, this is a good plugin which will get plenty of use by me. I just spent half an hour with a Synth1 and SH-1 reverb using the DPMP2 to convert the Synth1's audio signal into midi data to control the SH-1's reverb level. Great fun!! Payment is on it's way.
Maybe I should warn the user in the manual: the main issue with this tool is that you can spend hours playing with it. It' really addictive. :lol:

If you can find some time to try it with someone else (typically a drummer or a drum machine), it's really cool: interacting with the other musicians sound is something very unusual and so funny! :band:

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
just got out of bed!!
:o Aren't you supposed to be living in UK???? Isn't it 7p.m. over there...?
Yep. I work nights - just got my DPMP2 order....looks like I might be a bit late tonight! :P

I don't really use the meters, so if you could do a GUI without them, that would be great. It would at least save some screen space if not much in CPU use. I do use the graphs which are very useful when setting up the DPMP2 midi output and I then just use the show/hide curves option when I don't need it.

Thanks for a great plugin and the generous upgrade offer. :tu:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

I don't really use the meters, so if you could do a GUI without them, that would be great. It would at least save some screen space if not much in CPU use. I do use the graphs which are very useful when setting up the DPMP2 midi output and I then just use the show/hide curves option when I don't need it.
Something like this?

You can get it for free in the skins section for the DPMP2:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Skins/Produ ... kMeterPro/

Have fun!

Thanks Blue Cat Audio. Downloading it now. :)

By the way, do you have a more personal username we can use here at KVR? as "Blue Cat Audio", seems a bit impersonal. :P

By the way, do you have a more personal username we can use here at KVR? as "Blue Cat Audio", seems a bit impersonal.
Sure, maybe I should add my name or create another user, like guillaume@Blue Cat Audio... Anyway, you can call me "Guillaume".

A new tutorial for the DPMP has been released, see here:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/

It should help you use the DPMP in Steinberg hosts.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:A new tutorial for the DPMP has been released, see here:
http://www.bluecataudio.com/Tutorials/
If you have time, could you also please prepare the tutorials as zip-File for download ?
Thanks
Peter

If you have time, could you also please prepare the tutorials as zip-File for download ?
I will try to... (as you mentionned the issue is time :)) What kind of format would you prefer?

Blue Cat Audio wrote:
I will try to... (as you mentionned the issue is time :)) What kind of format would you prefer?
It doesn't matter. But I think the most common is html or pdf.

You know the SONAR (MIDI) tutorial no longer works post SONAR 5.2 (since the relevant option not longer exists)?

You know the SONAR (MIDI) tutorial no longer works post SONAR 5.2 (since the relevant option not longer exists)?
No I did not know, since our copy of Sonar still did not reach us and we are still using previous versions or the demo.

Do you mean there is no way to have the MIDI output of a plug-in re-routed to other plug-ins? It seems weird, since it's part of the DXi standard promoted by Cakewalk. I am going to investigate this with Cakewalk, there must be another way to do it.

Thanks for the warning!

It might be doable (logically it'll work, but I'm not at SONAR to test it).

- Insert Peak Meter Pro into an FX bin
- Open the Synth Rack: because PMP is a DXi, it'll appear there
- Right click on the PMP in Synth Rack and select "Enable MIDI Out"
- Its MIDI Out then becomes available as an input to a MIDI track

You may need to Input Monitor the target track, but I can't remember if you do or not (logically not I think, as it's a genuine MIDI input now).

I have posted on the Cakewalk forum... No reply yet.

Anyway if you solve the issue, I'd be interested in your solution. I'll have a look at it asap when I receive the Sonar 5 CD!

Finally got the answer from the Cakewalk forum:
Enable MIDI Output for the synth, then choose the synth as the Input port on the MIDI track you want to send to.
(from http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.asp?m=8480 ... y=&#848243) )

I wil update the tutorials when I get the 5.2. It's now very similar to the way Cubase works.

Return to “Effects”