VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

alteregoxxx wrote:
bduffy wrote:
alteregoxxx wrote:
bduffy wrote:I'm not getting any noticeable shifting over here... :shrug:
just to clarify...i don't want to say shifting "litterally"(i apologize i'm italian)...i'm talking about...(trying to use the right words:lol: )..uhmm...sharpness,focus of the stereo image...obviously this thing is much more noticeable making comparison with Timeworks Mastering Compressor...but this last one is not free for shure...so Aradaz thanks for your hard work...my criticism is positive!...I want just try to contribute to the improvement(if this is possible) of this excellent plugin
Your english is fine! That's exactly what I understood when you said "shifting"; I don't hear any change in the stereo image/sharpness/focus, etc. What host are you using?
Reaper... :D i believe that i'll buy it...it's great software...however, try for yourself...download Timeworks MC...i could be wrong...
:)
I'll try it out now. I mean, I A/B'd between Aradaz and a couple other limiters, and they all sound the same. Could be a deficiency in my monitoring, but I usually notice these things.

EDIT: You know, I could be crazy, but I might be hearing a difference in the hats...I dunno: it's subtle, if there at all. See for yourself:

Original file (adjusted with Timeworks EQ: nice!)

Timeworks Mastering Compressor 6dB GR

AradazMaximizer4.3 6dB GR

:shrug:

bduffy wrote:
alteregoxxx wrote:
bduffy wrote:
alteregoxxx wrote:
bduffy wrote:I'm not getting any noticeable shifting over here... :shrug:
just to clarify...i don't want to say shifting "litterally"(i apologize i'm italian)...i'm talking about...(trying to use the right words:lol: )..uhmm...sharpness,focus of the stereo image...obviously this thing is much more noticeable making comparison with Timeworks Mastering Compressor...but this last one is not free for shure...so Aradaz thanks for your hard work...my criticism is positive!...I want just try to contribute to the improvement(if this is possible) of this excellent plugin
Your english is fine! That's exactly what I understood when you said "shifting"; I don't hear any change in the stereo image/sharpness/focus, etc. What host are you using?
Reaper... :D i believe that i'll buy it...it's great software...however, try for yourself...download Timeworks MC...i could be wrong...
:)
I'll try it out now. I mean, I A/B'd between Aradaz and a couple other limiters, and they all sound the same. Could be a deficiency in my monitoring, but I usually notice these things.

EDIT: You know, I could be crazy, but I might be hearing a difference in the hats...I dunno: it's subtle, if there at all. See for yourself:

Original file (adjusted with Timeworks EQ: nice!)

Timeworks Mastering Compressor 6dB GR

AradazMaximizer4.3 6dB GR

:shrug:
Aradaz Maximizer is a good maximizer plugin...but the differences with TimworksMC are not so subtle...the light loss of the focus of the stereo image it's imputable (for me) to the loss of sharpness,punchy of the mix elements...close your eyes and listen carefully...listen carefully at every element of the song...the snare first...try to localize it in the stereo panorama...with Timeworks is all more...uhmm...bright(like there is some "good saturation" on all the instruments)...listen to the guitars...there is more attack,air on them...listen to the kick...perhaps Timeworks it's hard to beat...FOR ME the best Maximizer out there...however Aradaz Maximizer is one of the best FREE maximizer :)

I dunno: I'm not convinced my mind isn't playing tricks on me. Anyone else hear it?

(that Timeworks compresser is indeed excellent!)

bduffy wrote:I dunno: I'm not convinced my mind isn't playing tricks on me. Anyone else hear it?

Take a nap... :shrug:

I can hear the difference, but it's subtle...

Did anyone do a sine test? I can get it to distort easily..
Mbox 2, iMac Intel, Trigger finger, Logic Express, Ableton Live Lite, FL Studio
animism | Youtube

sb.net wrote:
bduffy wrote:I dunno: I'm not convinced my mind isn't playing tricks on me. Anyone else hear it?

I can say the Timeworks one is a little sharper in the highs, but sounds pretty darn subtle to me. But high end is probably the thing I get wrong the most with my monitors.

bManic? Where are those little golden ears of yours? :help:

bduffy wrote:
sb.net wrote:

I can say the Timeworks one is a little sharper in the highs, but sounds pretty darn subtle to me.
Bduffy i don't want/have to convince you that i am right...but in my master chain Timeworks is a constant...Aradaz is good,much good...but TimeworksMC for me is in a different league...the song that you have posted have so few instruments going on,a pop song...try with a rock song with two or three strong guitars where the drums already must fight for bring out itself:D ,there is already so little space for the transient that even this that you consider a subtle effect assume much more significance...however on my master chain the last two plugins are Timeworks MC followed by (:o ) BarricadePro(ultralight settings for sure!!!!); BarricadePro is the only that has the ability to add a little of magic(but i don't like it to boost the rms)...some glue...without smearing the transients(however i insert it only for this reason for sure not to maximize again)...try this combination for yourself:)
Last edited by alteregoxxx on Fri May 16, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alteregoxxx wrote:
bduffy wrote:
sb.net wrote:

I can say the Timeworks one is a little sharper in the highs, but sounds pretty darn subtle to me.
Bduffy i don't want/have to convince you that i am right...but in my master chain Timeworks is a constant...Aradaz is good,much good...but TimeworksMC for me is in a different league...the song that you have posted have so few instruments going on...a pop song...try with a rock song with two o three guitars where the drums already must fight for bring out itself:D ,there is already so little space for the transient that even this that you consider a subtle effect assume much more relevance...however on my master chain the last two plugins are Timeworks MC followed by (:o ) BarricadePro(ultralight settings for sure!!!!)...BarricadePro is the only that has the ability to add a little of magic(but i don't like it to boost the rms)...some glue...without smearing the transients(however i insert it only for this reason for sure...not to maximize again...)...try this combination for yourself... :)
No, you don't have to convince me of anything. But if someone with better ears/monitoring than I hears something is being lost in the image, then I want to know; especially as I'm really smitten with this limiter, and I'm starting to use it in projects, and I don't want to introduce phase weirdness. But so far I haven't heard much to be concerned about.

I'll try it on some tougher material; I chose that pop song because it is cleaner, and you'll be able to hear the transients more, but I see your point.

so...
xxx brand plug-in, (costing xxx moola),
sounds the tinest bit different then the Maximizer (costing nada)

I am confused by the derailment.

btw, distortion is a tool that, used properly, can do wonders to sound.

I fed this thing a quite heavy-handed mishmosh piece of low-end garbage, did a 10dB gain reduction/maximizer thing on said piece, and said piece's sound got clearer.

-works for me! :tu:

once more Thanks for the nice plug-in
no crashes and is easy to use on top
(I also like the amp-sim)

and of course, being free tops it all!
for entertaining porpoises only

deaf dunderkwac wrote:so...
xxx brand plug-in, (costing xxx moola),
sounds the tinest bit different then the Maximizer (costing nada)

I am confused by the derailment.

btw, distortion is a tool that, used properly, can do wonders to sound.

I fed this thing a quite heavy-handed mishmosh piece of low-end garbage, did a 10dB gain reduction/maximizer thing on said piece, and said piece's sound got clearer.

-works for me! :tu:

once more Thanks for the nice plug-in
no crashes and is easy to use on top
(I also like the amp-sim)

and of course, being free tops it all!
you are right...i stop here...and thank you Aradaz for this good good FREE Maximizer

...sorry

this iS KvR

please carry on :D

deaf dunderkwac wrote:...sorry

this iS KvR

I don't understand your last post...please...could you be more clear? i'm italian :)

alteregoxxx wrote:
deaf dunderkwac wrote:...sorry

this iS KvR

I don't understand your last post...please...could you be more clear? i'm italian :)
I was apologizing for my rant...
I should not have butted in.
My Italian is too weak to use (old age thing)
I'm total 'merican
i.e half italian, half everything else
or as my brother-in-law says,
1/2 sailor

cheers!

I like spaghetti and pizza too (a little too much, in fact. *Burp!*), and I hope I don't sound like I'm being picky about a great freebie, but I do need to know if something's going to affect my sound. But like I said, I have no problems with what it does to my sound, used in mixes, light CPU no problems. Very grateful to Aradaz. :tu:

Italian's the wrong description...
My mother hailed from Sicily :lol:
(Which is why Italians said "my" use of Italian wasn't Italian)
PIZZA!!!

(returning back on topic)

I'm still searching for the best auto release algorithm for this maximizer.
Could anyone help?

Return to “Effects”