New TLS website - new compressors deceased!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Christian Budde wrote:Hi there,

although I might probably be killed for this, I though of giving this thread a bump by posting a link to a precompiled example from my open source project (http://delphiasiovst.sourceforge.net/).
As part of the example I rewrote the 2094 (although still not released). The plugin is a complete independent development. Only the layout and (redesigned) GUI elements of the TbT plug is used. The main goal was to keep everything simple (since it is only an example of how to code a leveling amplifier).

The plug itself features a transformator simulation (as can be found nearly identical in the UAD plugins) and an optical compression algorithm. It is a feedforward compressor with a simple analog circuit model inside. It is still far from being ultra-realistic, but enough to be more than just the typical design. If someone wants to have a look into the sourcecode, it's available as well (only inside the SVN at the moment).
Right now the knee parameter is more a shape parameter then something to adjust hard/soft knee. Due to the simple diode simulation it's always more or less soft, but differently shaped. Also I forgot to put the mix parameter to the GUI (but being there already if you switch to the parameter list view).
Additionally a highpass sidechain filter is available (only in parameter list view as well).

Since this plugin is only for educational purpose, I do not recommend to use this plugin in a production. Internally it also only uses Bitmaps rather then PNG images. That's also the reason for the big plugin size and the flicker.

But now, here's the download link for those interested:
Leveling Amplifier 2094

and a screenshot:

Now I'm waiting to be killed by someone (most likely Daniel for not only stealing his thread and his audience, but also for stealing his lovely GUI).

Still waiting for an official TbT release,

Christian
What an unexpected surprise! :-o

I'm not going to get involved in the killing (I'll leave that to daniel), but I can say your 2094 doesn't seem to be doing anything at all to the signal over here on Cubase SX3, including even the "Output" dial. :shrug:

bduffy wrote:I'm not going to get involved in the killing (I'll leave that to daniel), but I can say your 2094 doesn't seem to be doing anything at all to the signal over here on Cubase SX3, including even the "Output" dial. :shrug:
Ah, it's probably the famous SoftBypass bug. Try enable and disable bypass. I'll correct that as soon as possible.

Still-living-Christian

Christian Budde wrote:
bduffy wrote:I'm not going to get involved in the killing (I'll leave that to daniel), but I can say your 2094 doesn't seem to be doing anything at all to the signal over here on Cubase SX3, including even the "Output" dial. :shrug:
Ah, it's probably the famous SoftBypass bug. Try enable and disable bypass. I'll correct that as soon as possible.

Still-living-Christian
Hmm...I swear I tried that. I'll try it again, thanks. :D

EDIT: Nope, bypass doesn't do a thing.

removed
Last edited by Christian Budde on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well the only thing you killed was the actual release of the plugin.

I guess the learning experience is to keep upcoming stuff to yourself.

ddummer wrote:Well the only thing you killed was the actual release of the plugin.

I guess the learning experience is to keep upcoming stuff to yourself.
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cmon man your plugs are top notch! don't let a little immitation get to you (even though it is a bit weird)

show em how it's done
Last edited by APHELEON s.a. on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your mom used to alias, but now she is oversampled.
-----------------------
www.BASSFACErecords.com

What? You're not releasing the plugin? :-o

It's down from the website too :(

...to be continued...

Christian, your plugin still isn't working. And I think I just went from the "curious" to the "kill" camp. What the HELL were you thinking?!?
Last edited by bduffy on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Let's see:

The name now directs to another plugin by another VST programmer.

The design now directs to the same person.

To be honest what the hell is wrong with people?

personal responsibility and respect... these are the two main missing features
of mankind.

An ape can't figur out what happens in a chain of events caused by the ape
himself.

A human is supposed to have this feature.

With it he can forsee the consequences of his action and prevent it.

In this case the person show no remorse, infact he expect it...
...so what was the motivation in this case?

....I can figure that one out but I'm stating examples anyway to teach the other apes to stay away from fire.

ddummer wrote:Well the only thing you killed was the actual release of the plugin.
Ups, I didn't intended this. I guess I learned my lesson as well. I also removed the plugin to avoid further damage.

Christian

Btw.: My intention was not that I wanted you to remove your plugin, but more in a challenge way. I guess I've gone to far by copying the GUI too much. I guess it should be like covering a famous song as kind of a homage in contrast to be the chinese copy cat. However by reflecting everything it was unfortunately more the second one. I removed everything as well and take it as experience.

Geez children, it's as simple as that:

ddummer releases 2094 as is, from TbT, with the GUI we're used to.
Chrisitan relases "his" 2094 with a new GUI, and a different name (number?).

Or team up, like it once happened with poshifopit, and create a compressor together "additional" to the ones you already had in the making - maybe even croos-platform - best of both worlds.

No harm taken, at least to me. I'll still love and use both of your tools. Since it was a fairly short "fun-span", I don't think that it took much harm. I mean look at Digital Fishphones, Urs Heckmann is still being adressed for the FishFilets even though he only ported them to Mac and Sascha Eversmeier was in charge of the creation in the first place. But this one is due to the fault of the users who can't read webpages properly (and those pages sill exist, yours are modified already).

If you both chill, everything will turn out fine, I'm sure of that.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

ddummer wrote:An ape can't figur out what happens in a chain of events caused by the ape
himself. A human is supposed to have this feature.
Huh? Humans are apes.
ddummer wrote:...so what was the motivation in this case?
Let me guess, you're going to assume the worst? My first guess was that it was a "part of the community" sort of action, combining admiration and friendliness. Your plugins are free and Christian seems to have an interest in open source. Pretty much everyone loves your GUIs. Connect the dots. It's like fan fiction for VSTs.

You can feel all hurt by admiration if you like, but all you get is hurt.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

daniel, please reconsider your decision. alot of people are REALLY looking forward to your new plugs. when I read your post i felt like i just found out someone i knew died hehe.

your plugins are LEGENDARY and will be looked upon with reverence by history. I can completely understand why you are upset but please don't let a dumb mistake de-rail all your hardwork and let down all of your fans.

and if that isn't good enough we can kick Christian in the balls!
-----------------------
www.BASSFACErecords.com

Last edited by APHELEON s.a. on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-----------------------
www.BASSFACErecords.com

Return to “Effects”