PSP Echo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP Echo

Just something weird i notice whilst using this in Live - if the GUI is not opened the delay sync is noticeably off - all is good again when you open the GUI

I tried to log a support ticket on PSPs website but they dont have Echo in the dropdown list of plugins - not a mention of it on the forums either!!

I wonder if that is a PDC bug related issue

hibidy wrote:I wonder if that is a PDC bug related issue
god knows, with Live it could be anything!

I'm tempted by Echoboy, but refuse to use a dongle again. I don't hear much talk about this delay from PSP. How does it stack up against the competition, and more specifically, Echoboy?
You are currently reading my signature.

I have both PSP Echo and Echoboy and, while Echo lacks the groove/swing and sequencing abilities of Echoboy, it's still a damn fine delay and it's become my go-to for all of my basic delay needs. The built-in ducking feature is a nice touch and it has some nice sound-shaping features. I highly recommend giving the demo a go.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:I have both PSP Echo and Echoboy and, while Echo lacks the groove/swing and sequencing abilities of Echoboy, it's still a damn fine delay and it's become my go-to for all of my basic delay needs. The built-in ducking feature is a nice touch and it has some nice sound-shaping features. I highly recommend giving the demo a go.
Nice, sounds promising considering I'm not really interested in the groove / swing portion of Echoboy.
You are currently reading my signature.

its just a great delay if you want quick results, also has a great sound imo with the Drive function option - sounds really nice when you push the feedback
On the surface its basic but there are a nice few options there as well if you dig into it - great plugin

Just picked Echo up in the current sale.

Have to say I quite like the interface layout. A couple of the rotaries are a bit small for the delay fliters but there is a nice feature where the space between them acts as a XY macro for them both, either changing bandwidth or linked position at the same time.

One slightly bigger thing that would improve it could be a snapping mode for the delay sliders to hone in on exact note values quickly.

Otherwise easy to get good sounding results with this one!

Picked up Pianoverb 2 that`s on sale aswell,
Nice freeze function, which gives a good effect if you start slow panning it around.

I`m sure I can have some fun mangling stuff with both of them. :)

4tune wrote:Just picked Echo up in the current sale.

Have to say I quite like the interface layout. A couple of the rotaries are a bit small for the delay fliters but there is a nice feature where the space between them acts as a XY macro for them both, either changing bandwidth or linked position at the same time.

Easy to get good sounding results with this one!
i never thought i'd 'need' another delay, and i always gave this a pass on the grounds that it looked like it didn't give me much over my other delay's e.g logic's tape delay

the sale price motivated me to try.

seriously, this thing is so much better than i thought it would be. the ducking is more useful than i'd imagined, and it's something that really needs to be incorporated into all delays. was getting some really tripped out stuff happening, and once i stuck a spring reverb (logic pro pedalboard) in the pathway it was 'game over'

seriously impressed :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:seriously, this thing is so much better than i thought it would be. the ducking is more useful than i'd imagined, and it's something that really needs to be incorporated into all delays. was getting some really tripped out stuff happening, and once i stuck a spring reverb (logic pro pedalboard) in the pathway it was 'game over'
A bit of Axis EQ-saturation and Echo working nicely on piano here!

I`ve Gotta start getting creative with automation and get some dubby stuff going though! 8)

just purchased Echo yesterday....immediately a big fan...nice sale-price too thanks PSP! very nice rich sound which has feet in both worlds...old and new. the default setting is so cool i've hardly even checked the presets and just start wandering from there : P
i used to always push the envelope...until someone showed me a letter-opener.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zHly4zwgI

In light of the present sale, as well as being a big PSP fan and owner of several of their plugins, I purchased Echo today. Overall, I am extremely pleased with the purchase and glad I took advantage of the sale price.

In spite of owning several popular delay plugins (Bloom, Timeless 2, Replika, Dubstation, Tape Echo, Sigmund, RP-Delay and others), Echo will be used often. Also, I find it is very CPU efficient, at least in Studio One Professional v3 and Bitwig Studio 1.3.

djanthonyw wrote:I'm tempted by Echoboy, but refuse to use a dongle again. I don't hear much talk about this delay from PSP. How does it stack up against the competition, and more specifically, Echoboy?
Thankfully SoundToys are actually one of the companies that allow for 'hard-disk' iLok authorisation.
So no dongle needed :)

Yeah, also a nice feature of the soft-iLok: if your harddisk crashes your license is gone. No thanks.

mcc> wrote: ..the default setting is so cool i've hardly even checked the presets and just start wandering from there : P
Silaris wrote: In spite of owning several popular delay plugins (Bloom, Timeless 2, Replika, Dubstation, Tape Echo, Sigmund, RP-Delay and others), Echo will be used often...
I have FF Timeless aswell here and although it is a deep plug flexibility wise, PSP Echo seems friendlier to me to just start tweaking. I find I rely on presets a lot with Timeless (which it`s certainly not short of!)

Echo definitely a different sound too, with a more `grainy` texture vs fabfilters signiature polished sound. Nice to have both flavours in the toolbox.

Return to “Effects”