Acon Digital Verberate - New realistic algorithmic reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Verberate

Hi!
sinkmusic wrote:About the CPU use, it is (way) higher with lowest latencies : Verberate uses aroud 8% at 256samples latency, and only 3% if set at 2048 samples.
Of course, it is impossible to work in real-time with 2048 samples latency, but for things like audio editing or mastering, it's ok.

I realy like the sound. The interface is ok too, and it is very easy and quick to use, the workflow is great ;)
Thanks! :-) You are absolutely right about the latency considerations. Additionally, block sizes that are a power of two are highly beneficial (256, 512, 1024, 2048 and so on).

Stian

Spitfire31 wrote:Another laudable aspect of Verberate that I found after playing around a bit with the beta is 'ease of use'.

I've found that I often tend to use mostly those plug-ins that a) provide a goodly number of useful presets and b) make it easy for me to quickly and logically tweak those presets according to the situation.

I really like the clear and logical GUI of Verberate.
Thanks, Joachim, I try to focus on usability and intuitive interfaces rather than pure optics, so I'm very glad to get that feedback.
Spitfire31 wrote:However, I do agree with the post above that it would be easier to evaluate the Verberate sound if the demo silences would appear at more generous intervals.
I'll increase the average time between drop-outs. I realize that it is currently a bit stricter than necessary.

Stian

subterfuge wrote:Oh my, I must say that this one hasn't made it easier to choose my next reverb...or then, maybe it has. The unobtrusive way it imparts the space around the sound feels so natural. And GUI is nice looking, clear and easy to use.
Thanks! :-)
subterfuge wrote:Couple of notes from the tests. Trying to set a same type of reverb in ValhallaRoom and Verberate, latter uses over twice the CPU (4% vs. 10%) in my old T2330 laptop running Vista.
Since Verberate utilizes much vector arithmetic that profits enormously from the SIMD extensions of modern CPUs, the difference will probably be slightly less on newer CPUs, but Verberate will still consume more than Valhalla Room.
subterfuge wrote:I noticed the level adjustments are now zipper free (v0.99), but I do get noise with other pots when adjusted live. Buffer 512, might have to take this higher.
I am aware that room size still produces zipper noise, but unfortunately, that one is really hard to get noise free (or free of strange artifacts when adjusting).
subterfuge wrote:...when I close the FX GUI and reopen it, there's no name on the preset line anymore, it's empty. Apparently the last used preset is still there, but I just cannot see the name...and if I use the drop down list, there is no way to tell from there either what is my current preset. Maybe some kind of check mark there or bold text could help also?
That's an error, the preset name should be persistent and I'll get that fixed.
subterfuge wrote:All in all, I'm impressed. Thanks for your work on this.
Thanks to you, I really appreciate the feedback and interest from all of you! :hug:

Stian

solidtrax wrote:After playing around with it for a few hours, I can safely say this is our new go-to reverb for realistic small spaces, situations that often made us use impulse responses. The stereo plate on a guitar is stunning, and the chamber and room algorithms are brilliant for drums, percussion and vocals.

Very impressive, looking forward to the release.
Thanks, it's great to hear that and big thanks for the help with the demos! I'll post them here for those who are interested.

EDIT: Here are the demos mostly from solidtrax (https://soundcloud.com/solidtrax) and the beautiful improvisation - Reflections - is from David William Hearn (http://www.davidwilliamhearn.com/):

Mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets/verberate-mixes

Vocals
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets ... ate-vocals

Drums & Percussion
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets/verberate-drums

Single instruments
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets ... nstruments

Stian
Last edited by stian on Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stian wrote:
solidtrax wrote:After playing around with it for a few hours, I can safely say this is our new go-to reverb for realistic small spaces, situations that often made us use impulse responses. The stereo plate on a guitar is stunning, and the chamber and room algorithms are brilliant for drums, percussion and vocals.

Very impressive, looking forward to the release.
Thanks, it's great to hear that and big thanks for the help with the demos! I'll post them here for those who are interested.

EDIT: Here are the demos mostly from solidtrax (https://soundcloud.com/solidtrax) and the beautiful improvisation - Relections - is from David William Hearn (http://www.davidwilliamhearn.com/):

Mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets/verberate-mixes

Vocals
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets ... ate-vocals

Drums & Percussion
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets/verberate-drums

Single instruments
https://soundcloud.com/acondigital/sets ... nstruments

Stian

There is no audio playback at the addresses of those soundcloud links. Also i don't see where to download the new beta 0.9.9.. I only see the old beta 0.9.7 on the first page of this thread.
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

sounddesigner wrote: There is no audio playback at the addresses of those soundcloud links. Also i don't see where to download the new beta 0.9.9.. I only see the old beta 0.9.7 on the first page of this thread.
I just listened to all of them. What's the problem?

Sound good, too.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
sounddesigner wrote: There is no audio playback at the addresses of those soundcloud links. Also i don't see where to download the new beta 0.9.9.. I only see the old beta 0.9.7 on the first page of this thread.

Sound good, too.

/Joachim
I have no idea what the problem is now if it works on your system. I press play and get no sound when i go to those above links. I'm using Logitech headphones for Skype. I just did a check to see if any of my system settings were accidentally changed and by going to other soundcloud and Youtube addresses to listen to music and all is working fine at those other addresses. I have no problems hearing music at the other addresses. So it looks like one of those strange mysteries that i might not have the time or energy to solve if the problem is on my end somehow. I'll just wait for the latest beta.

EDITED
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

Spitfire31 wrote:

Sound good, too.

/Joachim

The problem was on my end. I needed to update my browser to Internet Explore 11 (I was using version 9). When I went back to Soundcloud to listen to audio clips from another company some of the clips played just fine and some didn't. Even one I played yesterday would not play today. Occassionally the player didn't even load and i got a error message written on soundclouds page that stated something like "oops something went wrong; either you have a unstable network connection or your browser needs to be updated; you can switch to classic Soundcloud, etc). I then upgraded my browser and all appears to be fine and playback appears consistant. Weird problem when it works in some situations and doesn't in others.

Hi!
sounddesigner wrote:There is no audio playback at the addresses of those soundcloud links. Also i don't see where to download the new beta 0.9.9.. I only see the old beta 0.9.7 on the first page of this thread.
It's good to hear that you got the SoundCloud issue sorted out. The links to version 0.9.9 are hidden somewhere in the thread, but I've update the links in the first post. I'll try keep these updated as new versions arrive. I'm wrapping things up now, writing manuals and PR stuff. I've already made the demo version drop-outs occur less frequently in the current development version. Also the dry section toggle is now locked along with the levels when "Lock dry and reverb levels" is activated (handy for send effect use).

Stian

Hi everybody!

I have now put version 0.9.10 online:
http://acondigital.com/software/beta/Ve ... 0_9_10.exe
http://acondigital.com/software/beta/Ve ... 0_9_10.exe
http://acondigital.com/software/beta/Ve ... 0.mpkg.zip

Changelog
  • Dry level is now locked along with the levels when "Locl dry and signal levels" is activated. This is handy when Verberate is used as a send effect.
  • The intervals between the drop-outs in the demo version are now longer
  • The name of the current preset remains when closing and opening the effect GUI
  • English help is now included
  • Translation file for German is now included
Stian

Great to hear. I will try this new update, especially since the demo noises are coming in too quickly with 0.9.9 (around every 15 seconds). I'm loving the reverbs sound and it is a real winner in my eyes. Can't say much about it right now since I need to get into bed, but I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED!

sounddesigner wrote:Great to hear. I will try this new update, especially since the demo noises are coming in too quickly with 0.9.9 (around every 15 seconds). I'm loving the reverbs sound and it is a real winner in my eyes. Can't say much about it right now since I need to get into bed, but I am SERIOUSLY IMPRESSED!
Thank you very much for your encouraging feedback!

Stian

Stian, I have a couple questions. How much latency does this reverb has? From what i gather from your forum your plugin's license can be transfered if the user no longer wishes to use it?

The Verberate reverb simply put is a masterpiece! Melds and gels nicely with the original source, highly natural and highly musical sounding. When set right it is fairly clean and just simply put 'sounds right'.

I've had Wizooverb (wich is a convolution and algorithmic hybrid) since around 2005 and until now no reverb has been able to dethrone it, only some could compliment it. I searched but never found a true replacement but this verberate is King and has pure royalty in its blood thus will have its rightful place at the throne :love: . It has all the good characteristics of Wizooverb (The high degree of realism, alive chaotic response, can achieve a nice degree of clarity, etc) but it does'nt have the bad qualities (sound like it's tacked on and sits on top of the original source rather than melding with it, staticy in some situations wich is inherent to convolution, too much time searching for impulse responses that work best, etc). This is truly a reverb fit for a king and a step forward for Pure-Native reverbs IMO (as well as the recently released Nectar 2's Plate 140).

This Verberate and Izotope's Nectar 2 Plate 140 are definitely my favorite Native reverbs now. Nectar's plate is special to imo. Izotope started with IR's as well for to capture the behavior of the hardware plate but then modeled Nectar's Plate so that it is algorithmic IIUC. Nectar's plate has a deep and true sense of space when heard. Verberate however can get me the cleaner sounds and is much more tweakable and versatile but both i'm sure will go well together in my arsenal along with SCOPE's high-quality Spring Reverb, all three will be my primary choices . Far as latest Native reverbs both Verberate and Nectar have me VERY impressed and excited to use them when verberate is released.

And what's really great is the low price of $99 and no ilok thank you very much!!! You can count me as a buyer if the resale policy is good like I think.

Folks if your reading this thread i strongly advize you demo this reverb, it's worth the time.

:love: :love: :love:

sounddesigner wrote:Stian, I have a couple questions. How much latency does this reverb has? From what i gather from your forum your plugin's license can be transfered if the user no longer wishes to use it?
Verberate is a zero latency plug-ins, but as mentioned in this thread, the CPU load increases in low latency situations (roughly a factor of two, but depending on the CPU). We accept license transfers and try to be as flexible as possible towards our customers.
sounddesigner wrote:The Verberate reverb simply put is a masterpiece! Melds and gels nicely with the original source, highly natural and highly musical sounding. When set right it is fairly clean and just simply put 'sounds right'.

I've had Wizooverb (wich is a convolution and algorithmic hybrid) since around 2005 and until now no reverb has been able to dethrone it, only some could compliment it. I searched but never found a true replacement but this verberate is King and has pure royalty in its blood thus will have its rightful place at the throne :love: . It has all the good characteristics of Wizooverb (The high degree of realism, alive chaotic response, can achieve a nice degree of clarity, etc) but it does'nt have the bad qualities (sound like it's tacked on and sits on top of the original source rather than melding with it, staticy in some situations wich is inherent to convolution, too much time searching for impulse responses that work best, etc). This is truly a reverb fit for a king and a step forward for Pure-Native reverbs IMO (as well as the recently released Nectar 2's Plate 140).

This Verberate and Izotope's Nectar 2 Plate 140 are definitely my favorite Native reverbs now. Nectar's plate is special to imo. Izotope started with IR's as well for to capture the behavior of the hardware plate but then modeled Nectar's Plate so that it is algorithmic IIUC. Nectar's plate has a deep and true sense of space when heard. Verberate however can get me the cleaner sounds and is much more tweakable and versatile but both i'm sure will go well together in my arsenal along with SCOPE's high-quality Spring Reverb, all three will be my primary choices . Far as latest Native reverbs both Verberate and Nectar have me VERY impressed and excited to use them when verberate is released.

And what's really great is the low price of $99 and no ilok thank you very much!!! You can count me as a buyer if the resale policy is good like I think.

Folks if your reading this thread i strongly advize you demo this reverb, it's worth the time.

:love: :love: :love:
Wow, thank you very much! :oops: I'm very glad to hear that!

Stian

Zero-latency is beautiful, I'm not worried about cpu load at low-latency I don't have cpu shortage problems just Native latency problem occasionally.

When will this beauty and the beast be released? Is there any time frame? I'm ready to buy and use right now, or ASAP. It'll be a sacrifice to buy this, heck I might have to skip a few people's Christmas gifts or give cheaper ones :) . This reverb is a must-have for sure and I definitely want it.

PS. I'm glad you allow license-transfers/resale. Your company seems like a VERY fair and user friendly company with great development talent. Great to see!

EDITED

Return to “Effects”