TBProAudio releases dpMeter - Free Digital Precision Meter Plugin for Windows and Mac OS X

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
dpMeter 1

dpMeter crashes Tracktion 4 to the desktop if you put it in the Master Output Filters (works fine on a track) :(

Thanks, i will look at it.

AegisPrime wrote:dpMeter crashes Tracktion 4 to the desktop if you put it in the Master Output Filters (works fine on a track) :(
So, we found the problem (both on track and master), but there is nothing we can fix on our side: dpMeter sends constantly automation data to Tracktion which seems to freeze the host after a while. Maybe this is something you could tell the devs from Tracktion.

Thanks TBP :)

It's possible this has already been fixed in later versions (T4 is pretty old now) - did you get a chance to test T5/6? If not, I'm getting a T5 license soon (with some hardware I've purchased) and will likely do the $30 upgrade to T6 - I'll test out dpMeter on each version and if it hangs T6 I'll send a bug report to the Tracktion dev(s?).

Incidentally, ToneBoosters' EBU Loudness plugin works fine with Tracktion (no automation?) but I like dpMeter better :)

Would be great to inform dev(s), as other DAWs do not freeze.
BTW: T5 seems to have the same issue.

Will do! :)

I've demoed some similar plugins that measure RMS and here are the results:

White noise @ -6dB

TBProAudio dpMeter = -4.8 dB [RMS +3dB (dBFS)]
Nugen Visualizer2 = -7.6 dB
TBProAudio dpMeter = -7.8 dB [RMS (dBFS)]
Brainworx bx_meter = -7.8 dB
HOFA IQ-Analyser = -7.8 dB [Energy/RMS Offset 3dB]
Voxengo Span = -7.8 dB [dBFS+3]
HoRNet TrackUtility = approx -10.17
Sonalksis FreeG = approx -10.36 dB
DFX RMS Buddy = -10.78 dB [average RMS]
Voxengo Span = -10.8 dB [dBFS]
HOFA IQ-Analyser = -10.8 dB [Energy/RMS Offset 0dB]

HoRNet TrackUtility and Sonalksis FreeG gradually lowered the level, so it's only an approximation.
It's easy if you know how

lesha wrote: White noise @ -6dB
Well I think it probably depends on the RMS window we use, after all RMS measures the average intensity over time so the measurement window length is a crucial part of the algorithm.
I think we should allow a variable RMS window setting in the next TrackUtility update.

Saverio
hornetplugins.com

HoRNet wrote:
lesha wrote: White noise @ -6dB
Well I think it probably depends on the RMS window we use, after all RMS measures the average intensity over time so the measurement window length is a crucial part of the algorithm.
I think we should allow a variable RMS window setting in the next TrackUtility update.

Saverio
hornetplugins.com
Thanks for chiming in Saverio, I will continue via PM so we won't hijack the thread.
It's easy if you know how

AegisPrime wrote:dpMeter crashes Tracktion 4 to the desktop if you put it in the Master Output Filters (works fine on a track) :(
Update to V1.4: Disable/enable writing of automation data, which should help Tracktion :)

Nice one! :D will give it a test - thanks TBP!

Just installed yesterday, fantastic, thanks for the best free meter with EBU R128!

Hmm.. just downloaded and installed. When I add it to the master channel in FL Studio (v12.2 64bit) and turn it on, it boosts the gain (by a lot). Is this a bug? It's a meter.. why is it changing the gain when I insert it?
Play it by ear

You need to turn the mix level down to 0%.
But this is strange, because it is not necessary in other DAWs. I will investigate.

TB-ProAudio wrote:You need to turn the mix level down to 0%.
But this is strange, because it is not necessary in other DAWs. I will investigate.
Thanks for the tip. I never have to turn the mix level down for any other meter that I have BTW. Probably needs a small tweak on your end :) Thank you for this plugin.
Play it by ear

Return to “Effects”