AudioThing releases Fog Convolver - v1.5.1 - True Stereo!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fog Convolver

We are happy to announce the release of Fog Convolver.
Fog Convolver is a true stereo convolution plugin that applies the sonic character of an impulse response to another sound in real time.

The plugin can be used to add reverberation, create special effects, and apply an acoustic impulse captured from audio equipment.

The factory bank features more than 250 impulse responses made from spaces, analog and digital equipment, speakers, organic sources, and more. For a complete list, click here: http://www.audiothing.net/docs/AudioThi ... y_Bank.pdf

Details
  • - Price: €65 / $65
    - 250+ Impulse Responses
    - True Stereo Mode
    - Lightweight real time Convolution Engine
    - Impulse Response Export (drag to DAW/export to WAV)
    - Preset Browser with customizable categories, tags, rating, and more
    - Formats: VST, AU, and AAX (32/64bit)
    - Platforms: OSX, Windows

Video Walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4gJL61C_34
Video How-To: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxFc5W_HUs8
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/audiothing/sets/fog-convolver

Product Page: http://www.audiothing.net/effects/fog-convolver/
Last edited by audiothing on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 16 times in total.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Oh that looks really cool!! :tu: How long for the demo?

Twrogstudio wrote:Oh that looks really cool!! :tu: How long for the demo?
Thank you! The demo should be ready in a couple of days. I'll post an update as soon as it's ready.

I'm not sure what to make of this one. I love your effects, but this one ... What would you say makes it unique? Aren't there plenty of other convolution effects that you can load any sample in to? Maybe I'm missing something...

I remember when Diego Stocco popularised the idea of using convolution reverb with unusual impulse responses. There was no converb that was simple to use, had an easy-to-read interface, and not expensive. Now there is.
Last edited by Michael L on Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

A poor man's Altiverb. :-)
I also like the interface.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Had a look at the video, and I must say, the UI for manipulating impulses on the fly is the nicest Ive seen. If I didnt already have three other convolution plugins, I'd seriously consider picking this up.
What's the longest impulse it can handle, btw? The one in Trash2 tops out about 10 seconds, AFAIR, which proved too short for some stuff I wanted to do with it.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Had a look at the video, and I must say, the UI for manipulating impulses on the fly is the nicest Ive seen. If I didnt already have three other convolution plugins, I'd seriously consider picking this up.
What's the longest impulse it can handle, btw? The one in Trash2 tops out about 10 seconds, AFAIR, which proved too short for some stuff I wanted to do with it.
I'm the same... I've quite a few convolution plugs. I'd pick this up if I didn't.

Like what it does and sounds good too. Nice GUI as always. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

whyterabbyt wrote:Had a look at the video, and I must say, the UI for manipulating impulses on the fly is the nicest Ive seen. If I didnt already have three other convolution plugins, I'd seriously consider picking this up.
+1 same here. Already have 3 (2 plugins + 1 Max For Live device)

But I'll still demo it when it's available. If I fall in love with it, I might sell my other convo plugins and only finish with that one! Who knows :wink:

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Naenyn wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this one. I love your effects, but this one ... What would you say makes it unique? Aren't there plenty of other convolution effects that you can load any sample in to? Maybe I'm missing something...
As others said, the interface is simple and easy to use to edit the samples. Most of the other convolution plugins I used were rather "clumsy", too simple or very expensive.
The Factory Bank that contains more than 250+ impulses from analog gear to organic stuff.
You can easily organize your presets and make your banks with the preset browser (categories, tags, rating, ...) which I don't think other convolution plugins have.
Of course Fog Convolver is not a new concept per se, but rather the way I see a convolution plugin should be.
Michael L wrote:I remember when Diego Stocco popularised the idea of using convolution reverb with unusual impulse responses. There was no converb that was simple to use, had an easy-to-read interface, and not expensive. Now there is.
I wanted to make a convolution plugin since I started making plugins and Diego Stocco's video gave a nice push to the direction I wanted to take.
Thanks! The longest impulse possible depends on your CPU and the buffer sizes you set (between Fog internal settings and your DAW buffer). Difficult to tell, but I just loaded a 60 seconds WAV and played without problems. The only latency you will notice is while editing the IR, the longer the file, the longer it takes to update the convolution engine. With the 60 sec file it takes around 900ms to update here. Then the processing is basically close to zero latency. You can see that the CPU is quite light because most of the process is done in background threads (the real CPU % can easily go over 60-80% with a 60 sec impulse, so be careful anyway :D)
Screen:
(you can enable additional info to show under the preset browser)

@audiothing: please make sure to let us know here when a demo version is available!

Neon Breath wrote:@audiothing: please make sure to let us know here when a demo version is available!
Yes please!

Plus, It's tempting... Price is excellent for this kind of thing. And I do like what I've seen and heard. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Thanks for the interest guys. Sure, the demo will be available in the weekend for sure. I'll update the thread title as soon as it's ready.

audiothing wrote:
Naenyn wrote:I'm not sure what to make of this one. I love your effects, but this one ... What would you say makes it unique? Aren't there plenty of other convolution effects that you can load any sample in to? Maybe I'm missing something...
As others said, the interface is simple and easy to use to edit the samples. Most of the other convolution plugins I used were rather "clumsy", too simple or very expensive.
Thank you for the warm response! I'm starting to understand the reasoning behind this one. I'll definitely have to give the demo a try. I'd love to continue to support you! :tu:

Reverb or delay aren't a new concepts, still we see 25 new reverb plugins coming out every damn year. So why not convolution reverbs? :P

Return to “Effects”