VolumeShaper 4.1 out now! - Tweaked UI and editing features

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VolumeShaper

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Simply an option "Show additional wave buttons" in the settings. When on, all buttons are shown again, including random, snap-to-grid, copy+paste.
Sincer appreciation ... thank you.

+1. That would be frickin' awesome.

Will volumeshaper ever get vector graphics? A resizeable window would be great.

I'm one of the guys who always sings the praises of volumeshaper. Reading through all of the suggestions in this thread, I think it was productive. The "Show all" button idea would be sweet. Good thinking Jakob. I may be in the minority as I work on a large desktop multi-monitor setup, so I always like to see plenty of buttons...but ONLY if the GUI is large enough for my old eyes to read. I routinely go fullscreen with things like Fabfilter ProQ2, and close the interface when I finish tweaking. ...which brings me to giving a +1 on the vector graphics suggestion in the previous post. That is always a huge (no pun intended) plus for me.

I appreciate your continued development. I also respect the way in which you handled yourself in this thread. ...now, can I get a facelift for midishaper? 8)
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Been using this today. I really like this plugin now. The Step Drawing mode is big help!

I'd love to see a 'round edges' option. With an intricate step pattern this would smooth out the sound and remove any pops.

jobinho wrote:Been using this today. I really like this plugin now. The Step Drawing mode is big help!

I'd love to see a 'round edges' option. With an intricate step pattern this would smooth out the sound and remove any pops.
Good idea! I've just added it to our wish list..

SeeingInMidi wrote:Will volumeshaper ever get vector graphics? A resizeable window would be great.
It certainly will at some point. It's not (yet) top priority.. it does not get asked too often at the moment, but I guess its need will become bigger soon.

rustman wrote:I appreciate your continued development. I also respect the way in which you handled yourself in this thread. ...now, can I get a facelift for midishaper? 8)
Good ol' MidiShaper.. I fear to change the layout with a version 1.x.

The new beta 2 is out now:
Download the beta version (demo version) (Win + Mac in 32 and 64bit for VST and AU).

If you already own VolumeShaper 4, you can log in to your account and download the latest beta from there.

So this brings the random button back, and the snap-to-grid-button. As I posted a bit ago, I planned to add an option so you can configure if you want to see a myriad of buttons (including flipping/copy+paste and such), or only a smaller subset. However for now I'd prefer to go with what I simply did, adding these 2 buttons, and all other additional options via the right-click menu in the waveform. The reason for this is that - while there would be space for many buttons in VolumeShaper, MidiShaper and PanCake - showing all these buttons would bring problems to the layout of Curve and FilterShaper. And we like to keep plugins similar here.

I hope you like the new change, though.

great job, and many thanks for implementing the requests!

Wow nice update Jacob, thanks!!! :tu:

May be one small FR: what would you think if when the "Snap to waveform grid button" is activated, then the waveform points which are being randomized, stay snapped to the grid?

Now that it is very easy to create randomized waveform, it would be cool to be able to generate randomized waveforms with snapped points (and if we don't want to, just deactivate the Snap to waveform grid button and click on randomize :wink: )

Cheers,
GilJ.

GilJ wrote:May be one small FR: what would you think if when the "Snap to waveform grid button" is activated, then the waveform points which are being randomized, stay snapped to the grid?
Good idea! And it should be very easy to implement..

That would be cool :tu:

oops
Last edited by Jakob / Cableguys on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
GilJ wrote:May be one small FR: what would you think if when the "Snap to waveform grid button" is activated, then the waveform points which are being randomized, stay snapped to the grid?
Good idea! And it should be very easy to implement..
A new beta is out now - beta 3:
Download the beta version (demo version) (Win + Mac in 32 and 64bit for VST and AU). When you hit the random button, randomized points now snap to the waveform if the grid-snapping is activated.

Plus this fixes a bug with help texts on Mac (often, they stopped scrolling).

Return to “Effects”