Kilohearts launches Multipass + 17 other plugins. (5 free)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Disperser Faturator

179€ for 17 effects (or 12 as 5 of them are free) ain't so bad. People pay that kind of money for a single effect such as a compressor or an EQ plugin without blinking an eye and this might be even if they already own dozens of them. For some reason basic mixing plugins are more appreciated than creative plugins such as this one.

To me Multipass is a very interesting product and the price is right even though I can't afford to buy it. It's much more complicated than a simple eq or compressor so it should cost more than more basic plugins. I am quite sure that it takes a considerate amounts of time and experience to program a plugin such as this one. Only true contender for it that comes into my mind is the Melda MXXX which costs 599€

I applaud to Kiloherz for making this plugin.

The demo video is hugely impressive. A little more modulation capability would be nice, but the workflow looks excellent. Seems like a great 'swiss army knife' processor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWonFksCK0s

This are somehow standard plugins with a very simple unappealing GUI. I didn't see what is so special about them to charge more then let say 5,- € for each? I can't see the benefit even the Multipass is interesting of course but there's nothing i couldn't do inside my DAW anyway and now for that price only to have it a little cushier? No way! I predict soon a sale for everything around 99,-€. The video on their site didn't convinced me yet so i'll give the demo a spin even i dislike the idea of another proprietary format.

But anyway good luck with the release! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

filter needs a wet/dry badly, they look great to me, will be checking the lot out soon. Look like a very useful set of pluggies

Alright fine, send me your stupid newsletter and maybe I'll look at it.
:hihi:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I think it looks good!

At 179e I think it's pretty expensive. I mean, you can easily split frequencies already and just add your own (or 3rd party FX) in side the Daw.

But, I guess you paying for the convenience and a nicely streamlined workflow plus optimization, and the fx of course, but you might have them all anyway. I like the way it has been set up (from the vid demo)...

Thing is, with a product like this you really need to spend the full cash, or else you just have standard FX to play with.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Numanoid wrote:
billcarroll wrote:May we please have the option to install them to the "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins" folder?
I found an option in the installer to put the VST files where I want them on my computer.
Are you on Windows? I'm on a Mac.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:Are you on Windows?
Of course!

BTW, the Faturator update wasn't good for me, it freezes my DAW everytime I try to launch the plug now :help:

I use FLStudio11 32 bit (haven't upgraded to FL12 yet because I don't like the new interface that much), and Win7 64 bit

Teksonik wrote:Get Magma instead......... :wink:
Better than Guitar Rig or Amplitube?

Numanoid wrote:BTW, the Faturator update wasn't good for me, it freezes my DAW everytime I try to launch the plug now :help:
Wondered why FL kept locking up on me on loading certain projects. I'd tried reinstalled FL and everything.

I rolled back to Faturator 1.003 [build 5] and my troubles are all gone. Win7 64-bit, FL Studio 12.1.3 (32-bit).

Phew.

i just noticed some bs on the page from an artist review quote:
Multipass is the first multiband everything plugin, and its extremely versatile. You can use it on anything because there are so many functions

sorry but blue cat mb7 mixer has been able to split the signal into seven bands and allow the use of ANY vst/au plugin on ANY of the bands, you can even do pre post fader and very complex stuff..it's been out for years... and yes it can host itself or of course even host multipass on any of the (up to, user choice) 7 bands ;)
Blue cat MB-7 is MUCH more a multiband anything plugin than multipass, as it is not limited to hosting one devs plugins. Please take that quote off your page KHS, as it's unfair to blue cat.

Those recommending magma, the included fx are pretty crappy, just a heads up on that. It's a solution to host vst in pro tools though (but once again blue cat patchworx is a much better choice).

Also i noticed that most of these khz fx are not tempo synced, which is an oversight.

Numanoid wrote: BTW, the Faturator update wasn't good for me, it freezes my DAW everytime I try to launch the plug now :help:
I wasn't all that mad on Faturator...
TheoM wrote: sorry but blue cat mb7 mixer has been able to split the signal into seven bands and allow the use of ANY vst/au plugin on ANY of the bands
I must check that out... Sounds good!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
Numanoid wrote: BTW, the Faturator update wasn't good for me, it freezes my DAW everytime I try to launch the plug now :help:
I wasn't all that mad on Faturator...
TheoM wrote: sorry but blue cat mb7 mixer has been able to split the signal into seven bands and allow the use of ANY vst/au plugin on ANY of the bands
I must check that out... Sounds good!

it's my favourite utility plugin ever, of all time. I had it since day one and never even considered parting with it.

It's actually unflawed IMO. You can even just use it as a broadband plug in chainer/host to be able to do post fader plugins in daw's that don't have the (almost all of them in other words). So you can use it for the simplest utility tasks or intense and wild. The slopes are fully adjustable PER band also, as well as stereo image of each band. Of course it's fully pdc compliant and has extensive midi control. at $129 it's a steal but the massive sales period is coming with up to 40% so if you're more the patient type...
It's not modular though so you can use it in conjunction with multipass (and/or patchworx, which has an instrument version), but the MP is quite limited to me at present due to being stuck to KHS plugins only.

TheoM wrote:it's my favourite utility plugin ever, of all time. I had it since day one and never even considered parting with it.
...but now when you are going all hardware? :?:

Numanoid wrote:
TheoM wrote:it's my favourite utility plugin ever, of all time. I had it since day one and never even considered parting with it.
...but now when you are going all hardware? :?:

why do people have to do that, and ALWAYS the same ones? I am not even going to dignify you with a full explanation cause you just want to start picking and having a poke and a laugh/fun at my expense. I NEVER said I was going all hardware FX, never even mildly indicated it, so please don't troll the topic. So typical :roll:

Return to “Effects”