IK and Gavin Lurssen set to unveil revolutionary mastering product at NAMM 2016

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've had mixed results with T-Racks, but enough positives to still be intrigued by something new, so colour me interested (cost depending).

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Apologies if I've assumed that more here were actually aware of one of the top mastering engineers in the business.
You guys may have earned the right to be proud of your place in the industry, but being condescending to a whole forum based on the comments of a couple people won't win you any friends here (and it seems you have a shortage already in that department around these parts).

I know my one opinion doesn't matter to the self-styled global "leaders" of the industry, and perhaps your individual behavior is not indicative of the company's ethos, but 'grace under pressure' is important to me in a company as a consumer, and as such, I am again reassured by your general attitude on this forum that I've made the right choice by not purchasing or recommending your products anymore. Why should I buy a product from someone who openly looks down on my peers without even knowing who we are or what we believe?
The real world is far different than the wild west of KVR and those they demonize and devalue.
Remember, once upon a time, a bunch of people struck some big-time gold in the "wild west." Would you really write off the whole user base here on KvR because we don't drop the same names as you do?

Sorry for the OT, but this rubbed me the wrong way. Anyway, best of luck with your new product; I hope it really is as revolutionary as you claim! These emulations of ancient gear from nearly every developer are getting tiresome (durr, we even modeled the hiss and ground hum! :hihi:), and though I won't be purchasing whatever it is you guys release, I hope it sets new precedents for the industry as a whole! :tu:

I'm so tired of mastering engineers that haven't ever used a computer to master anything advising/telling software companies how to make mastering products.
-Matt

Looking forward to the new product IK! I hope it's not hardware or dependent on additional hardware. We'll see.
And i second, i'm glad to see you keep posting here and i'm sure many people are.

+1 :tu:

msorrels wrote:I'm so tired of mastering engineers that haven't ever used a computer to master anything advising/telling software companies how to make mastering products.
Sure all the fine gear you see in the video is already sold. No need for it anymore.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Can't wait to see what it is :hyper:

Yes i've heard of Gavin.

funky lime, Peter gets almost instant grief the moment he ever posts anything here, so I understand him - there is only so much one can take before they start snapping back, and at this stage of his kvr membership and the abuse he has received, i get it. If he could just make one single topic without someone getting snide and making fun, perhaps you would see the true side of Peter and how he is when not being trolled at kvr - a very nice guy.

I think nobody have anything against Peter personally as indeed he his a fine guy and only doing his job.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Well there's tooting your own horn and there's commissioning the entire Philharmonik orchestra to help you toot your own horn.

masterhiggins wrote:Well there's tooting your own horn and there's commissioning the entire Philharmonik orchestra to help you toot your own horn.
While I agree, I've noticed over the years, since I first start posting here, in fact, that the KVR membership seems no less susceptible to this type of hyperbole than the public at large. Yes, there are some of us that roll our eyes on contact and go on to the next thing, but, I think that we're in the minority.

However, I wish that ALL vendors would limit their releases to their own forums. There's a reason that I have almost all of them turned off in my feed. But whether they market aggressively, or gently, is of little concern to me when I go to buy something. I, like I suspect many of you, simply evaluate a product based on what it can actually do, not what the marketing folks prattle on about.

Well, hard to say. Years ago, I was fanboi number one (or number two :hihi: ) and then there was this whole "thing" and then there was much finger pointing and then much as you say "hyperbole" (and many years of "i" stuff :lol: )

But ok, hey, great, looking forward to the product.

Revolutionary product.... Hardware or software?

masterhiggins wrote:Well there's tooting your own horn and there's commissioning the entire Philharmonik orchestra to help you toot your own horn.
They can use one of their own products for that. :wink:

Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: What do you get when a multi-Grammy award winning mastering studio teams up with the global leader in mobile music creation and production tools?
An announcement of an announcement, well done IK, well done FFS
Duh

Ahahaha who are these bunch of tossers?

Bet this magic product makes everything sound more 3D and vintage.

Jeezus! I don't think I've ever seen such kneejerk, negative treatment of any other forum member than Peter, LOL... :lol:

Anyway, Peter, I'm interested to see what you guys have planned for NAMM.

Return to “Effects”