Vocal King Update

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vocal King Pro

jhudstudio wrote:It's March, $10 vocal king anyone? Limited time sale. http://www.jhudstudio.com/paid-plugins

Cheers
... you hit the sweet spot. Bought it. :)

Hi thecontrolcentre,

I just processed your license file and sent you an email with instructions! Feel free to respond back on here and let others know how registration worked/ sound quality!

For others to know, I designed this mainly for used with vocals, but many mentioned that it works well with other instruments too.

2 limiters/compressors built in, the pres comp is more of a tone compressor/limiter, Final is just a compressor/limiter. Use both to dial every knob to dial in a great sound.

Give it a shot. :) Thanks

I just got my license file, thanks. It wont download on my windows phone for some reason. Will try my laptop later.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I just got my license file, thanks. It wont download on my windows phone for some reason. Will try my laptop later.
Ok it should download fine on the laptop.

Registered and up 'n' running in Live 9.7
No problems. Cheers.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Registered and up 'n' running in Live 9.7
No problems. Cheers.
Awesome! If you have other computers you own, you can use that same license file on them too. Email me if you need any other help with anything.
Cheers.

jhudstudio wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Registered and up 'n' running in Live 9.7
No problems. Cheers.
Awesome! If you have other computers you own, you can use that same license file on them too. Email me if you need any other help with anything.
Cheers.
That's a pretty cool licensing policy. Good to see.

Get this if you still can, guys. This comp does magic on all kinds of sources, not only vocal.

Yes, it is a nice, smooth compressor!

Thank you everyone who bought the Vocal king and who commented. I am glad that you all enjoy it.

There is 1 hour left to get for $10. Of course months later I can always do another sale, but you could get it now instead of wait... :)

@thecontrolcentre, Thanks. yeah I wanted to make the key system as easy as possible for the user. I had it machine code at first and that was a big fail. Just a simple license file makes it easy for me to process and easy for the user to put on other machines they own if needed. Also I can always make a new key file if one where lost.

Oh... And if interested please post what features you would like in an update.

Thanks

nicksohn wrote:Yes, it is a nice, smooth compressor!
Used it on some vocals last week, it really is very smooth indeed. Highly recommended, and for $10 it is a no-brainer!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:
nicksohn wrote:Yes, it is a nice, smooth compressor!
Used it on some vocals last week, it really is very smooth indeed. Highly recommended, and for $10 it is a no-brainer!
Thanks cprompt! If you wouldn't mind, please email some audio examples of how you used the VK. I would like to hear how they sit in the mix.

Also, I was able to find a bug thanks to a customer who reported it. Area's in the world where Cyrillic usersnames/languages are used, the key code will not activate. Mandarin languages may be affected too. Please do not buy at this time if you are using Cyrillic. I am looking at ways to fix it without causing a bunch of other issues.

Hi everyone,

Its been a while since I did anything with the Vocal King besides make a striped down version of it called the VK-2Knob. I have an update for the Vocal King for those who want it. The same key file will work.

Vocal King Update 2-1-18 for Windows. Mac has not been updated. My Mac has been fried. Got to get new one. Old Vocal King works good still.

If you already own the Vocal King, just copy the needed folder into the vst area where the other Vocal King Folder is located. Overwrite the folder. This will not overwrite the old version. The Updated Vocal King has been renamed to Vocal_King_V1_2. You will need to do a plugin scan inside your DAW again. There will now be two versions of the vocal king. The old and the new.

Bug fixes:
Both meters are more accurate. Compression should now start after 0 db.
Fix error loading reaper. Sometimes it would crash.
P Limit and F Limit. When switch was up, attack was set too high. Attack is set better.

Additional things added:
Tighten knob know has a wider parameter. When turned all the way to the left and low cut is all the way to the left, pres compression works like final compression. This will then work great for drums/bass or any other audio material.
Pres knob now can be lowered to -5 db.
Final knob now can be turned down to -25db
DB-Out knob now can be turned down to -30 db instead of -20 db
Low Cut knob now shows how many hertz are being cut instead of showing % if your daw shows changing parameters.

Get it here http://www.jhudstudio.com/paid-plugins

Best Regards,
Jay
Last edited by jhudstudio on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

After reading my above message, I plan on coming up with a few more updates later to fully finish off working on the Vocal King. This will not be mentioned for now. The only other time working on the Vocal King afterwards is for bug fixes.

Cool! What version number is this update? When you download the file from your site it downloads a "Vocal_King_Windows_Update_V1_1" zip file, which is the same filename as the previous version (which I have in my plugin downloads folder from 2016). I know the newer dll files are contained within but just thought you might want to change the zip filename to reflect the new version number and not confuse people.

Might grab the 2Knob mini while I'm at it : )

Return to “Effects”