New Slate fx !!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FG-Stress Compressor Repeater Repeater (Slate Digital Edition) Verbsuite Classics

audiosabre wrote:D16 customers get a 25% off introductory coupon in their user area. Valid until Dec 5th.
Thanks! Prefer to buy than to rent. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
audiosabre wrote:D16 customers get a 25% off introductory coupon in their user area. Valid until Dec 5th.
Thanks! Prefer to buy than to rent. :tu:
:tu:

AudioDeluxe are offering a $20 gift card with Repeater (which is priced at $99 there) - check around the different retailers and see what they're offering.

Just got the promo email from steven slate re their "deal". wow. what a bunch of marketing bs. Subscriptions are great for some people but they appear to be trying to get as many users on the subscriptions as possible, using hype and marketing tactics. I;m staying away from the subscription because for the way I use their tools it would end up costing me an arm and a leg. That's great to offer both license ownership and subscription but to try and net people into the subscription with such obvious capitalistic tactics is sort of disgusting. I thought PA was bad for marketing hype but Slate takes the cake.

plexuss wrote:That's great to offer both license ownership and subscription but to try and net people into the subscription with such obvious capitalistic tactics is sort of disgusting. I thought PA was bad for marketing hype but Slate takes the cake.
Yeah, I got it too.... 'For LOYAL CUSTOMERS ONLY'. In other words anyone who's bought at least 'one' plugin from them. I think Slate want to get everyone over to their sub model as you said.

I'm just not interested in 'renting' my plugins, but best of luck to poeple who want it.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Robmobius wrote:
plexuss wrote:That's great to offer both license ownership and subscription but to try and net people into the subscription with such obvious capitalistic tactics is sort of disgusting. I thought PA was bad for marketing hype but Slate takes the cake.
Yeah, I got it too.... 'For LOYAL CUSTOMERS ONLY'. In other words anyone who's bought at least 'one' plugin from them. I think Slate want to get everyone over to their sub model as you said.

I'm just not interested in 'renting' my plugins, but best of luck to poeple who want it.
Well subscriptions don't really make financial sense for anyone who uses Slate in their toolbox on a regular basis. after 5 years you'd have shelled out $750 and still not have ownership. I use micro$oft's office subscription but that's because I use it for my non-music client work but only when I have a client where I really need the MS versions (otherwise I use apple's iWork which usually works fine). same with Adobe - I only subscribe when I have a client that needs me to have it. If I used these things "every day" I would buy licenses, well, except for Adobe which doesn't offer licenses. For Adobe, I have found pretty good commercial apps that do everything I need Adobe to do (eg. Affinity Photo and Designer).

I get the value of a subscription but to hype it so much to people as if it's a better option that buying the licenses is, well, more Steven Slate BS. IMHO. :)

Personally, I'll wait for Valhalla Delay ;)

Anyone wanna buy Slate Virtual Bus Compressor and Virtual Console Collection???

plexuss wrote: I get the value of a subscription but to hype it so much to people as if it's a better option that buying the licenses is, well, more Steven Slate BS. IMHO. :)
This is it... Steve thinks that this is 'the future' apparently and that software has no real value in 2016. So he said in his blog.

If that the case, then it a really bad model and won't be sustainable in the long run. Imagine having to shell out for about 10 plus subscriptions for your favorite software companies. NOBODY will ever use just one or two companies for their software collection. The costs would soon be overwhelming.

Thankfully, guys like Softube are doing a good range of options for buying and subs. I just bought their V1 collection.

It's different with Adobe, they have a monopoly. And there's no real decent (professional) alternative. Pretty much everybody uses them. So you've little choice to deal with them. :(

sqigls wrote:Personally, I'll wait for Valhalla Delay ;)
I waited for Pro-R! :D

Robmobius wrote:
plexuss wrote: I get the value of a subscription but to hype it so much to people as if it's a better option that buying the licenses is, well, more Steven Slate BS. IMHO. :)
It's different with Adobe, they have a monopoly. And there's no real decent (professional) alternative. Pretty much everybody uses them. So you've little choice to deal with them. :(
Re Adobe - not true. I mentioned Affinity Photo and Designer - this company saw an opportunity with Adobe going subscription only and have created a viable Photoshop/Fireworks and Illustrator alternative. I use them and haven't had to go to Adobe for anything. It would be nice to find a InDesign alternative. but for $100 I have apps now that have rendered Adobe a mere memory. (There are many other Photoshop/Illustrator options too, like Sketch, Pixlemator, etc)

If plugin companies go sub only, they will fail. there will always be other companies that offer license ownership. Too bad for those that are so bought-into any company because you are then at their whim. Slate should go sub-only, if only to show the rest of the industry what a dumb idea that would be. Slate is so full of himself I bet he'll do it too.

I got an email from PluginBoutique offering a 50% discount coupon code. Unfortunately it only offers a 20% discount when you apply it at checkout. :cry:

plexuss wrote:
Re Adobe - not true. I mentioned Affinity Photo and Designer - this company saw an opportunity with Adobe going subscription only and have created a viable Photoshop/Fireworks and Illustrator alternative. I use them and haven't had to go to Adobe for anything. It would be nice to find a InDesign alternative. but for $100 I have apps now that have rendered Adobe a mere memory. (There are many other Photoshop/Illustrator options too, like Sketch, Pixlemator, etc)
I have Affinity Designer (but stopped using it). It's a good plugin... But having to work with other companies (like I do professionaly) - most people only want to deal with adobe files for compatibility, etc. I also think their version of illustrator is not there yet. Adobe Illustrator is so damn powerful but it's clunky to use.

I think the Slate Sub will work for them as long as other companies don't go sub (which I don't think they will). And People love owning things. :)

sqigls wrote:Personally, I'll wait for Valhalla Delay ;)

Anyone wanna buy Slate Virtual Bus Compressor and Virtual Console Collection???
They'll get snatch up in the marketplace. But there is an ilok transfer fee you'll have to eat.

If I could get FG-Stress as my free plugin I may go for it but do not like the chances of it being released in time

So, in the sea of things other than talking about how you like it, how do you like it?

My observations:

-sounds really good.
-not anything out of the ordinary cpu wise that I can see.
-really easy to use and understand. Might be the fastest time with me getting on with an interface and the controls.
-so far it's stable.

Realizing that everyone has their own opinions about "sound quality" and all of that, I'm noticing a vibe factor. 99 intro is fair it seems, but I'll have to work with some mixes to see if there is anything mind-blowing.

Return to “Effects”