VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-R 2

Fleer wrote:So natural!
:)

Organic and intuitively flexible.

OK - this has been out for a little bit so now that the "new-ness factor" has worn off... how good truly is this reverb?

I just watched this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m86FrelkIu4

And then watched this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC0-3rZWbMY

And am leaning on the Sparkverb actually, in terms of sound atleast (can't fault Fabfilter functionality). Maybe it's just the music material difference between the demos but Sparkverb just sounded so much more lush and 3 dimensional. Will have to demo them both and compare.

You'll get lush out of Pro-R alright. Lushful lush. And that great EQ. Plus that wonderful GUI. I rest my case, going Pro-R and Adaptiverb all the way.

Think think Pro-R is a much better "universal" reverb than Sparkverb. There are quite a few sound sources (anything with short ticky transients) that Sparkverb doesn't like at all. Having said that, it is an excellent sounding reverb on a lot of other sources.. like synth pads and stuff. It's got a unique sound of it's own that is hard to duplicate with anything else.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Reverb fanatic here. Sparkverb is one of my most used algo reverbs. its very sweet and musical sounding. I have, oh, maybe 40-50 reverbs. I also have a pile of FabFilter tools. But I "passed" on Pro-R (for now). why? I tried the demo and it didn't give me $120US worth of additional features over what I have. it has some nice aspects but not for that price (which is my "special" offer). So I will wait for a sale or maybe pick it up used. It really depends on how many other reverbs you have and how Pro-R fits in with what you have.

i bought it just because of the 2 different eqs and used it since then at least once in every project. fantastic worklow, very easy to use in general, nicely structured interface and superb sound. it fits in seconds to the right place.

plexuss wrote:Reverb fanatic here. Sparkverb is one of my most used algo reverbs. its very sweet and musical sounding. I have, oh, maybe 40-50 reverbs. I also have a pile of FabFilter tools. But I "passed" on Pro-R (for now). why? I tried the demo and it didn't give me $120US worth of additional features over what I have. it has some nice aspects but not for that price (which is my "special" offer). So I will wait for a sale or maybe pick it up used. It really depends on how many other reverbs you have and how Pro-R fits in with what you have.
Which is why I feel lucky I didn't have many reverbs yet when FabFilter Pro-R was launched. Only Eventide Blackhole, EastWest Spaces, Valhalla VintageVerb and that sweet, unique Zynaptiq Adaptiverb. This is why Pro-R was the ideal algo fix for me.

There is no wrong answer if either work for you.

I bought Pro-R w/o even being in the market for a verb. It went something along these lines: Heard a demo/saw it in action and how easy it is to use it/demoed for nearly the whole 30 day cycle/tried to talk myself into "what I have is good enough" /couldn't/got a good price and bought it :hihi:

I have nothing else in my account right now so the discount came from some 25% off sale, perfect timing.

No regrets.

Pro-R is so easy to use! I have all Valhalla's reverbs and still want Pro-R because usability. So fast to get result that i want! Even with great Valhallas it's not so speedy. Also this eq for decay - bomb!

What!? I missed the release :shock: Although I have Altiverb, Valhalla, Lexicon, B2 & Aether I think this will find a way into my collection. I like the clean FabFilter-style layout. Does it have an extended screen or are these the only controls? Seem like they really were able to make an very easy to use reverb.

edit: first impression :pray: nice!

After the initial 30 days demo finished I took a break with Pro-R. Then, in January, I decided to give the demo another try. Different machine, different monitors and different room. Still not impressed enough to buy it, even discounted.

There is also now the iOS version (iPad only) available (for those who care) within Auria Pro v2.09 as IAP.

Well I came to my senses and passed on Sparkverb (for now) and jumped on Pro-R with a personal 40% discount. Happy!

About time ;)

MogwaiBoy wrote:Well I came to my senses and passed on Sparkverb (for now) and jumped on Pro-R with a personal 40% discount. Happy!
I think Pro-R is a better general purpose reverb than Sparkverb. Spark has it's own thing going on, which is very very nice, but I dont think it's as versatile as Pro-R. So good choice but you may want to pick up Spark at some point for that sweet airiness it has.

Return to “Effects”