Focusrite Plugin Collective

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Exponential Audio: R2

Anyone else having a failed download during the VST formats install of the plug? I have d/l the referencesetup.exe file, but the d/l fails during the install process.

Disabled all firewall and virus prots. Tried regular (all formats, other formats are a go; d/l fails at 32 bit VST) and custom (64 bit vst only) installs. If I click "retry" after the fail it goes back to the install, but the progress bar never moves, even after 2 hours.

I have tried running the setup as admin.

win10/64

I have contacted support already, but imagine it will be a couple of days for a reply, so thought I'd fish for an answer here.

The Plugin Collective is what they call the plugins as a whole, so you'll need too be specific about what offer they are providing. To be honest though, the only things that have been worth grabbing have been the Addictive Keys offer where you can choose one from a selection of different types of acoustic / electric pianos ) and D16 Sigmund Delay / Multi FX plugin which one could get last year, Audiothang was ok but personally I've never used these instrument / effects in any of my tracks.

Everything else has been a waste of time and in one case, a complete nightmare in screwing up my DAW completely. If it's the current offer for Sonarworks headphone trial thing which stops working on the 1st of October, then really, that's one I won't be bothering with either. I'd rather use my ears rather than algorithmic estimations from software that times out...Just a ploy to get you to buy it outright.. But that's me..

(Edit.. just noticed that the post above was part of the larger thread)
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Don’t forget the AAS packs, Eventide EQuivocate, the AudioThing bundle, and that sweet Exponential Audio R2 reverb.

I personally don't mind the Sonarworks free license for 6 months, except that I wish it wasn't limited to just the headphones version (but without the mic, I feel like it makes sense).

Sonarworks is something I've had quite a few people I know recommend for using when switching to headphones from speakers to mix things for even the smallest amount of time.

The idea really is simple and that's to counter the bias of your headphones, to make the frequency response more flat, so when you do mix with headphones, you're not over compensating based on those biases.

It's not gonna tell you how to mix, so if you were bad at mixing before, you'll still be just as bad. What it is supposed to do, is simply help lessen those frequency biases of your go-to headphones.

Now, with that said... One thing I'm not liking is that switching from headphones back to speakers means I have to turn on/off the Studio Reference feature, because its a system wide tool. I wish I knew if this was less cumbersome with the headphone speaker version.

Elxsound, your DAW should let you do different mixes for headphones and monitor outputs, so you should not need to switch it on and off.

What many of us feel problematic is that this is indeed an extended demo period; after all, it's not like the need for a correction tool goes away after six months.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

SparkySpark wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:36 pm Elxsound, your DAW should let you do different mixes for headphones and monitor outputs, so you should not need to switch it on and off.

What many of us feel problematic is that this is indeed an extended demo period; after all, it's not like the need for a correction tool goes away after six months.
I activated the 1 week demo for the studio version (and just as expected, I would need the mic to configure), but there is no way for it to automatically play different profiles for the speakers vs headphones based on the output. I would have thought that this would be possible to simply assign a different profile to specific output channels.

And yeah, I understand clearly what people are grumbling about, but I simply don't agree its anything worth fussing over.

It can't be easy coming up with something free every single month that is deemed "decent" among the majority of its user base. Not every developer is going to want to deal with seeing their plugins being sold on the 2nd hand market at bargain prices.

I would not be surprised to see more and more "extended demos" being offered along limited versions releases instead of full plugins.

If that is the case, I am not even upset, because I don't buy hardware for the "mystery" software that may or may not come in the future. The freebies are nice, but it'll never be MY reason to purchase hardware and I hope its not what others base their decision to buy on either.

So FYI: per support: they are distinguishing between novation and focusrite with these offers. The latest D16 Nithonat offer is only available to those with registered Novation gear. Focusrite owners have not been included. (Lame).

pekbro wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:29 pm So FYI: per support: they are distinguishing between novation and focusrite with these offers. The latest D16 Nithonat offer is only available to those with registered Novation gear. Focusrite owners have not been included. (Lame).
Yeah. It was the same with Focusrite. You HAVE to own hardware from either, to benefit from the giveaways. I think that's fair enough, to be honest. For Focusrite, you could have a account, and have the free, or hardware included Midnight Suite plugins, and benefit from the giveaways, otherwise.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

.. and Novation just f**ked up my hardware registrations again. They finally fixed my missing Novation gear but instead all my Focusrite gear got deleted. :lol:

That new combined user area is a complete clusterfuck.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

ontol wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:26 pm Disabled all firewall and virus prots.
It is usefull also, not to forget disable web application firewall too, as it may cause troubles as well.

Yes it's always a good idea to drop your firewall and disable virus protection when installing software.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

elxsound wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:21 pm Sonarworks is something I've had quite a few people I know recommend for using when switching to headphones from speakers to mix things for even the smallest amount of time.
I mostly mix on headphones and then check with the monitors (so I don't have to bore the rest of the house listening to the same 4 bars on loop). I have used Sonarworks since they first released it and can't imagine mixing without it. It does make an obvious difference to my headphones (which are stock and not bought from them, so I am using the average profile).

Well it looks like the plugin collective has completely gone down the drain and is now just offering demos of random stuff.

I'm not going to lament what it has become but instead I'll remember fondly and with gratitude what it was.
Remember when we got a top notch plugin from a major developer every month?
It sure was fun while it lasted.

Local Man wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 2:49 pm Well it looks like the plugin collective has completely gone down the drain and is now just offering demos of random stuff.

I'm not going to lament what it has become but instead I'll remember fondly and with gratitude what it was.
Remember when we got a top notch plugin from a major developer every month?
It sure was fun while it lasted.
Maybe I have misunderstood the promo and maybe they are not demos but instead full versions. I still can't tell.

Yeah it definitely comes across as the full versions to me too, just you need to download and register them before the offer ends:
From the 2nd May to 4th July we have teamed up with our friends at Venomode to offer the DeeQ, Maximal and Pivot Plugins for FREE
The Sonarworks one however is definitely more an extended 6 month demo though ...

Return to “Effects”