Positive Grid giving away their Pro Series EQs free for 24 hours

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote:
Selfik wrote:This is strange...internet browser opened in plugins window...with google page. Never seen something like that :o :dog:
I suspected the UI was just a webpage, didn't test it though.
Its like the Matrix, there is no spoon...
Surprisingly, it actually is.

Someone mentioned in the comments about this promo on BPB that it uses some Google Chrome framework for the GUI. So I took a look through the Mac plugin installer I'd downloaded and sure enough there's a 100MB folder of html and png files. Same goes for the desktop apps. That'd explain why the GUIs act so weird.
Image Image Image Image

Bloody hell, you're right! The whole UI is a rendered, dynamic web page. No wonder it's so slow to load when it's got this lot to load and render:

Code: Select all

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/bootstrap.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/font-awesome.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/animate.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/jquery-ui.min.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/styles.css">
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/bootstrap-social.css">

<script src="import/es5-shim.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/react.js"></script>
        <script src="import/react-dom.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/react-bootstrap.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/jquery.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/jquery-ui.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/jquery.kinetic.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/jquery.velocity.min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/Base64.js"></script>
        <script src="import/underscore-min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/q.js"></script>
        <script src="import/raphael-min.js"></script>
        <script src="import/require.min.js" data-main="js/build/app"></script>
It's got the jQuery, react, underscore and raphael libraries, loads of helper libraries and a stack of css. Clearly, they develop for tablets first and port it to the desktop. Wow.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

sprnva wrote:Someone mentioned in the comments about this promo on BPB that it uses some Google Chrome framework for the GUI.
:o

You need FB or tone cloud to atho this shit? I have neither. :dog: And tweaking the knobs isn't exactly working smoothly. :dog: No wonder why they give away crap like this. :dog: :clown: Do they expect people to buy such so bad plugins. Poor fools who did. :lol:

ATS wrote:installed one of the eq and it gets stuck on the activation screen, uninstalled quickly, life is too short...
same here...

unbelievably pathetic...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I didn´t even bother downloading and installing these "Pro" Eqs...

raysaul wrote:
Den* wrote:

It is alpha version: Plugin Version: 0.0.7.256.Release

I think they did this giveaway to beta test it as much as possible.
Yes, seems so.
But these have been out for a while now, one would expect at least some updates to be issued in the meantime.

Oh well, we'll see.
For what it's worth, I think it's ok to get these now for free, register and archive (in case they get to mature into proper products, sometime later this decade).
Or you might even be able to use this license as a "upgrade" or "crossgrade" path - for something else in the future... :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

So, um, while we're all bashing on Positive Grid, and it's all well deserved, I have to give credit where credit is due. I had an account issue and some confusion about my licenses and they responded to my support request in a timely manner in a way that not only solved the basic problem, but, indicated that they had read the additional question, did some quick research into my account history, and resolved the question clearly.

+1 for Positive Grid tech support.

These seem to create an issue in Ableton affecting the DAW undo functionality. I get some crash message about it when i close the session, opening a new session i get a similar message. Restarting my PC is the only way to get Ableton working properly again.

From what i've read here, there seems little point contacting PositiveGrid about it. What with the nasty GUIs that seem to often open up blank and the fact i've got other EQs that don't cause me grief i expect i'll be uninstalling these very soon.

I grabbed the EQs, they're sitting in my "account" but I haven't installed or activated. Maybe I'll check them out in a few years time when they iron out the kinks!

sqigls wrote:You're wasting everybody's time. ESPECIALLY your own. Just like Black Rooster, if your system wasn't so frustrating, I would have been on the bus, buying your stuff by now.
FYI, Black Rooster Audio has replaced their C/R license activation system with a serial number one. I call that listening to your customers.
It's easy if you know how

Exactly. And they've made changes for the better in a really short time! Black Rooster Audio are also super responsive with their bug fixing and the plugins actually feel valuable.

Positive Grid? Nope. They are obviously not at all interested in creating proper plugins for the DAW/computer market. Heck I don't even know why they bother.. probably best for all if they'd stay in the iDomain.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

ghettosynth wrote:So, um, while we're all bashing on Positive Grid, and it's all well deserved, I have to give credit where credit is due. I had an account issue and some confusion about my licenses and they responded to my support request in a timely manner in a way that not only solved the basic problem, but, indicated that they had read the additional question, did some quick research into my account history, and resolved the question clearly.

+1 for Positive Grid tech support.
I had a bit of trouble with the last giveaway and had the same sort of experience with support. Even got a response after I emailed back saying the solution worked.

I found their support to be good too. After the free dist pedal problem where it wasn't saving plugin settings - they fixed that right away.
I bet if enough people get back about probs with the eq, they'll do the same ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

uhmm...I really don't understand so much hate and bashing towards a company that, even counting all the issues they have with the GUI/activation of their plugins, are giving them away for free... :scared:

Moreover, it seems NOBODY is judging them for what counts more than all: the sound quality.
Honestly, their tube eq, in my opinion, is a really good sounding and "musical" eq.

Their customer support, to me too, seems good. They gave an immediate feedback on the issue I had with the activation. Less than half an hour for a feedback.

THANK YOU PositiveGrid for the freewares.

Return to “Effects”