Toneboosters Reverb 4 vs ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JoMas wrote:No, i actually meant as a send. When used as a send i want 0% dry and 100% wet of course. But all presets have a different mix, usually with a lot of dry. They seem to be designed for insert use. That's why it would be nice to be able to lock the wet / dry parameters the way you want when you change preset.
OK, I understand (not having demoed the plug). Sorry for the interruption! :oops:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Was playing around with the new shimmer feature, came up with this song. Reverb 4 is the only effect used on the instruments, aside from mixing/mastering plugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4VTn5mBqqI

Will have a look at options to lock the dry/wet levels (when the current extension work to support multi-channel reverb is done!).

Other than the mix lock options, I think the only thing this is missing is a dark/light knob or something. I think it's really the only thing that FabFilter Pro-R has over this. For my usage, anyway.

The only way to know for sure how good Reverb 4 is, is for someone to do a shoot out against the best reverbs. That is a shootout vs Valhalla, Lexicon, Bricasti, Relab, TC Electronics and Exponential Audio on snare plate reverbs with long decays.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

The real selling point according to my taste is the graphic display that TBR v4 has. It's super easy to sculpt the reverb sound to get what you want. It doesn't have as long tail as many other reverbs but it's good enough for most situations.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Did anyone else notice that they changed their store so that you can only buy their older plugins in bundles now? The only single ones you appear to be able to buy are Reverb 4, Barricade 4, and Morphit.

dangayle wrote:Was playing around with the new shimmer feature, came up with this song. Reverb 4 is the only effect used on the instruments, aside from mixing/mastering plugs.

Very interesting!

What did you use to make the video?

- Mario

mabian wrote:
dangayle wrote:Was playing around with the new shimmer feature, came up with this song. Reverb 4 is the only effect used on the instruments, aside from mixing/mastering plugs.

Very interesting!

What did you use to make the video?

- Mario
The Max For Live World Collection from Isotonik. Still learning how to use it properly, but I’m mostly happy with the results here

masterhiggins wrote:Did anyone else notice that they changed their store so that you can only buy their older plugins in bundles now? The only single ones you appear to be able to buy are Reverb 4, Barricade 4, and Morphit.
I didn't really notice :) , however:

I don't imagine there's much benefit in maintaining the individual products,
as most are probably considered deprecated (or soon to be). Not to mention,
it wouldn't really be economical for the customer, unless they only wanted a single
product from the bundle. More than that, would no doubt, meet or exceed it's cost
(if I recall their pricing correctly).

TB probably has finite resources for dealing with commerce and support. One can
hardly blame them for wanting to keep things simple wherever they can.

Still, I suspect that anyone interested in the version 3 bundles now, will be perfectly okay
with the generous upgrade offer to version 4 when it becomes available. Although, its
probably a good indicator that a complete version 4 is not expected too soon.

-Cheers

Moving older plugins into bundles seems part of a rebranding exercise. Website looking slick 8)

Please could someone tell me how to save a new preset?

I am using the reverb in Bitwig and FL. I double-click on the name of the preset, hit enter, which I thought would save it. If I remove the plugin, then add again, the newly created/named preset is nowhere to be seen.

Cheers

cb8rwh wrote:Please could someone tell me how to save a new preset?

I am using the reverb in Bitwig and FL. I double-click on the name of the preset, hit enter, which I thought would save it. If I remove the plugin, then add again, the newly created/named preset is nowhere to be seen.

Cheers
Presets are stored separately for each instance. If you keep the plugin on that particular track, any presets or programs you modify will be kept with that instance (if it is not running in demo mode) but will not automatically be available in other instances. For that purpose, store the program as a file with your host program, and load it in the other instance.

In Bitwig, you would right click on the folder icon for the device "Save preset to library"
In FL Studio, just use "Save preset As" from the menu at the top left of the plugin window.

@Jeroen, it would be nice to be able to set a default style for the UI :pray:

-Cheers

Thanks djeroen & pekbro.

That makes sense now. I don't know how I didn't think of just using a bitwig preset! I even have a default preset set up for Reverb4!

Return to “Effects”