Vocoder recommendations?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm looking for a good versatile vocoder and general opinions please....

with a demo available to try if possible?

Thanks

Platform? Budget? And do you need it to have a built-in synth, or only/also use an external synth?

meanwhile, sans info, what about Virta (madrona) or Vocodex (imageline) or Vocalsynth (izotop) ? Cant think of any that dont start with 'V', sorry. Oh wait, there's the TAL-Vocoder, too.

Oh yeah, and Reaktor. There are a bunch already made in Reaktor in the UL, plus NI-made stuff like Razor and The Mouth in that territory.

Here's a more bunch, too...

http://www.pluginboutique.com/categories/43-Vocoder

The TAL one is good, and free, if you want a classic dozen-or-so-bandpass vintage thing. Virta and Vocodex are probably the most flexible/experimental (and Vocodex has a version of FL Sytrus as a built-in sound engine, I believe) and offer phase vocoding too, so more precise vocoding than parallel-bandpass type vintage vocoders.
The Melda one sounds pretty good, but you have to like their UIs.

And one of the ones Lotuzia will probably come along to pimp in a minute (starts with X, emulates a VCS Vocoder) is the only one outside Reaktor I can think of that lets you re-wire the band-to-band routing.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I use the one in Ableton Live , the Imageline one sounds good too you can use that with any DAW that supports plugins.

Waldorf Lector is feature packed, comes with a synth, and is half-price Saturday.
(Also, PPG Phonem is a vocal synth, not a vocoder, but can be quite beautiful.)
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

whyterabbyt wrote:Platform? Budget? And do you need it to have a built-in synth, or only/also use an external synth?

meanwhile, sans info, what about Virta (madrona) or Vocodex (imageline) or Vocalsynth (izotop) ? Cant think of any that dont start with 'V', sorry. Oh wait, there's the TAL-Vocoder, too.

Oh yeah, and Reaktor. There are a bunch already made in Reaktor in the UL, plus NI-made stuff like Razor and The Mouth in that territory.

Here's a more bunch, too...

http://www.pluginboutique.com/categories/43-Vocoder

The TAL one is good, and free, if you want a classic dozen-or-so-bandpass vintage thing. Virta and Vocodex are probably the most flexible/experimental (and Vocodex has a version of FL Sytrus as a built-in sound engine, I believe) and offer phase vocoding too, so more precise vocoding than parallel-bandpass type vintage vocoders.
The Melda one sounds pretty good, but you have to like their UIs.

And one of the ones Lotuzia will probably come along to pimp in a minute (starts with X, emulates a VCS Vocoder) is the only one outside Reaktor I can think of that lets you re-wire the band-to-band routing.
Thanks for the help...

Logic Pro X
Not worried about cost.
Synth built in needed.

Vocal Synth seems like it would do the job perfectly

Michael L wrote:Waldorf Lector is feature packed, comes with a synth, and is half-price Saturday.
(Also, PPG Phonem is a vocal synth, not a vocoder, but can be quite beautiful.)
Do they have a sale at the weekend? Could you post a link, if you have any.

H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

I also use Logic and have experimented with pretty much every compatible vocoder. In my personal opinion (of course), I've consistently found Waldorf's Lector to best meet my needs in terms of sound and intelligibility.

Unfortunately, it's also been a bit glitchy for me -- it routinely "dies" and stops making any output, requiring me to remove from my channel strip and reinstantiate to get it to work again (which of course is a pain). I haven't seen any other complaints about this, however, so maybe it's some quirk in my setup / system.

Hemmick Reef wrote:Vocal Synth seems like it would do the job perfectly
Vocal Synth is great, very versatile.

Awesome, thanks. :)

XILS V+

They also have a deeper Vocoder synth with more options called 5000 I have not tried.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

VocalSynth is too good and really easy to use.
Only downside is CPU usage.

I just demoed vocal synth and once I got it working it really is good.

I tried to download the Lector demo but I couldn't add it the basket?
I downloaded Largo for a quick test run without problems though.
Maybe they disabled the Lector demo as the have a sale this weekend and they want people to buy rather than trial??

SirkusPi wrote:Unfortunately, it's also been a bit glitchy for me -- it routinely "dies" and stops making any output, requiring me to remove from my channel strip and reinstantiate to get it to work again (which of course is a pain).
Welcome to the f**king club, bro.

i really like the classic Orange Vocoder

http://www.zynaptiq.com/orangevocoder/
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Return to “Effects”