Waves transfer fees change ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw something over on facebook about a change in policy regarding transfer fees and last night I purchased the L2 Ultramaximiser off someone (ive wanted this for ages) and they refunded me as now the transfer fee makes it pointless to sell.

So my question is what changed ? It's 5% of the original price, so if you bought it for $29 on sale you pay 5% of what it's retail price is ?

I need to confirm this tbh, because I wasn't aware of the previous system.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I think that would mean full value, not discount price? It's a moot point for me anyway because it would cost more to update the WUP than I'd get for selling Gold.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Same morelia, and I wrote waves off as over hyped, personally. Some of it is good, for sure, but I stopped looking at waves after all the installer hoops and stuff a while back.
Eternitysound VST Banks

morelia wrote:I think that would mean full value, not discount price? It's a moot point for me anyway because it would cost more to update the WUP than I'd get for selling Gold.
It's 5% of the rrp. Plus wup has to be in place/up to date.
http://www.waves.com/support/transfer-of-ownership

Damn this sucks. It will put an end to $100-$120 Golds in the Buy & Sell.

Welcome to the Waves play..
  • Act 1: Blast out your most expensive bundles at ridiculous prices, knowing people won't resist despite already owning at least one or two of the contained plugins
  • Act 2: Make people keep their double plugins by unexpectedly changing the transfer policy
  • Act 3: Leave that anti-2nd-hand policy in place until even the last of the bargain buyers' double plugins has run out of Waves Update Plan
  • Act 4: Reinstall the old policy and see all the old buyers joyfully spend their $$$ on renewing the WUP to sell their double plugins
Greed at its best. Chapeau, Waves!

c**ts

Personally I would only ever buy waves products at silly reduced price and assume I would never sell.

Saying that the few I have are just ok, their protection scheme is awful.

Not a company I would ever want to deal with much.

Poor designs too, element synth no way to turn fx off. What is all that about ?

Waves WUP + transfer fee + silly prices = f-ing mess.

What the....

apparently their "turnaround" and "market adjustment" didn't quite work out as well as they hoped, so now they're "adjusting" some more. or maybe it was their plan all along. i wonder why companies opt for destroying second-hand market rather than automating the process to avoid it being a burden on support.

in any case, i do the same as some other posters here say - i buy only very few, select Waves plugins (so far i only have NX, Waves Tune Live and H-EQ), at bargain prices, and never expect them to sell, nor would i like to, as i bought them for a reason (NX is obvious, Waves Tune was a no-brainer and works well for me as i don't have any other except for Melodyne, and H-EQ is the only EQ in its price range which has "snap to musical notes" and "solo band" functionality).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I don't mind a small transfer fee, prices of Waves second hand will go up a bit.
The easy buying $25 Waves plugins because I can always sell without a loss in the first year are gone though.
Really wondering what Waves 10 will have in store for all those flash sale buyers (like myself).

Edit: Wonder why Waves did not inform their customers about this?
Last edited by electricthing on Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Waves should really have come clean on this change. I'd probably argue that the fee should be waived for products purchased beforehand—as at the time of sale they were quoting free transfer while under WUP. I'll certainly be less inclined to impulse-buy discounted product.

Having a transfer fee is acceptable as it involves admin time at their end. But making that fee a percentage of full retail price is arbitrary...

L2 will cost $15 to transfer and Louder $2.50... but is there any difference in effort to transfer to justify the cost difference?

A flat fee would be more acceptable. Hopefully they drop WUP to compensate for this too. And it would have been nice to have a warning about this so people could sell up/out of Waves before the changeover.

When it seems to goood to be true.............Whats the full retail of the ssl g channel?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Return to “Effects”