Waves transfer fees change ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I actually don't blame them for doing this, seeing the amount of licenses that go up for sale just here at KVR alone. It might make people actually think about purchases a bit more thoroughly rather than just impulse buying at cheap prices.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:I actually don't blame them for doing this, seeing the amount of licenses that go up for sale just here at KVR alone. It might make people actually think about purchases a bit more thoroughly rather than just impulse buying at cheap prices.
Yeah, there's a lot of people that just impulse buy things they don't need and then pass the labour on to the company later.

If you don't need it, then don't buy it. It's not too hard :phones:

i look at it this way... all the waves i bought were all dirt cheap. so cheap that i have not even thought of WUP on them... when they run out they run out. they STILL work out of WUP just fine. i will not purchase the WUP on any of them because the WUP price usually exceeds what i initially paid and i will pay no more. as for resale... i give shit away lol... i don't think i have once sold a plugin. i never pay retail and i get my use out of them and it is not a bad idea to keep them around for special needs.

now when v10 comes along and they think they can rape folks to get their plugs to work and hold them over a barrel for the BIG bucks many like me that have got their monies worth from the plugins will toss them in the bin and never buy from the company again. so they are losing all the way around... at least with me. if anyone bought the flash sale items in hopes of selling sadly only fooled themselves.

as was stated earlier... most of their plugs are 10-20 years old and are 'meh' for the most part... but some are the bees knees but there are comparable plugs to those now. so if you lose them in the long run there is no skin off the teeth.

but in closing i do hope those that sold the house for the ungodly priced bundles find some level ground to stand on, i hate to see anyone lose sleep. i personally think that even the increase of 'home producers'.. the golden age of outrageous pricing and a multitude of consumers is past. i doubt none of the companies are selling as much as they used to. and home producers don't have the funds to burn like a working studio. hence ALL the sales ALL the time now from ALL companies. they are trying to keep money flowing in. cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

MogwaiBoy wrote: L2 will cost $15 to transfer and Louder $2.50... but is there any difference in effort to transfer to justify the cost difference?
There is a minimum of $10.
Again, I don't mind a fee, but I would like to know it before buying.

do_androids_dream wrote:I actually don't blame them for doing this, seeing the amount of licenses that go up for sale just here at KVR alone. It might make people actually think about purchases a bit more thoroughly rather than just impulse buying at cheap prices.
Why would they want to reduce impulse buying? Especially when they're trying so hard to promote it.

I think it's just a case of getting more people to buy directly (or through resellers) instead of buying stuff second hand.
And even getting a small percentage from second hand sales.

But the double whammy of requiring a fee AND active WUP is a bit over the top for my tastes. I know of no other company that works that way.
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

f**k WUP
it's ridiculous

Damn that's f*ckin abusive. Glad I don't do waves I guess...

it certainly wouldn't be the first time a def asks for a transfer fee, many do.

Waves, however, has a different business model. So that ind of thing falls under their WUP coverage, as of course you know. If you want to offload your plugins to someone else there is a very simple strategy to do that without it doing your head in.... Have the buyer pay the cost of the WUP.

The only trouble is, that doesn't leave much room to make any decent money on top. Chances are you got it on sale anyway. My bet is Waves has essentially designed the transfer scheme this way to stop people profiteering off their sales. It's certainly not a get rich quick scheme that people should try.

sucks when you've paid a hefty price for a plugin that now sells every second week for 90% off.
charging you the earth in transfer fees for something you now can't sell cos it has no value. SHIT TACTICS.
total assholes
I hope it backfires and people don't buy Waves plugins anymore.

sqigls wrote:sucks when you've paid a hefty price for a plugin that now sells every second week for 90% off.
charging you the earth in transfer fees for something you now can't sell cos it has no value. SHIT TACTICS.
total assholes
People will still buy Waves plugins, for $29.

Isn't it amazing how quickly they'll send you the eMail about the latest "flash" sale, but how they didn't send you the eMail about that transfer policy change?
Confucamus.

I they should drop the active WUP requirement if they are asking a transfer fee.
No signature here!

Rockatansky wrote:Isn't it amazing how quickly they'll send you the eMail about the latest "flash" sale, but how they didn't send you the eMail about that transfer policy change?
This is what pissed me off.

shidostrife wrote:
Rockatansky wrote:Isn't it amazing how quickly they'll send you the eMail about the latest "flash" sale, but how they didn't send you the eMail about that transfer policy change?
This is what pissed me off.
It's because they didn't want to upset you. :hihi:
No signature here!

ghettosynth wrote:
sqigls wrote:sucks when you've paid a hefty price for a plugin that now sells every second week for 90% off.
total assholes
People will still buy Waves plugins, for $29.
$22,90 with code "brainless901".

Return to “Effects”