PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Xenakios wrote:Found a bad and embarrassing bug in the rendering code. :dog: Posting beta 3 soon, that should fix that.
Strange that it would only affect me, no?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Xenakios wrote:Found a bad and embarrassing bug in the rendering code. :dog: Posting beta 3 soon, that should fix that.
It might be the OS-X version you are using allocates memory slightly differently than the versions other people have used. (I am myself on OS-X 10.11. This problem actually could be discovered on Windows too, while debugging, but I had just missed this happening previously...)

Xenakios wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
It might be the OS-X version you are using allocates memory slightly differently than the versions other people have used. (I am myself on OS-X 10.11. This problem actually could be discovered on Windows too, while debugging, but I had just missed this happening previously...)
Gotcha! :tu:

You are forgiven.

Thank you so much for working more on Paulstretch!!!
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

3.0.0 beta 3 posted. Links in the original post.

Mate, this is awesome. I have to buy you a few portions of your favourite beverage/food/plant when I'm in your country. You must have a lot of spare time or like a good challenge, or both! :)

Good bloody work regardless.

I'm not sure your ready for feature requests though, does the code offer real-time access to the window overlap?

Just noticed a possible performance issue.. Is it supposed to be hammering the cpu when you press stop?
- started ps
- import 3 min wav
- hit start, then stop after a second
- cpu at 50% and hovers
- hit start, then stop
- cpu 100% and hovers
- hit start 100% , for ever more.

--edit
OSX 10.11.4, 2.7 i7 MacbookPro

CinningBao wrote:Just noticed a possible performance issue.. Is it supposed to be hammering the cpu when you press stop?
Do you have the scrolling output visualizer turned on? Looks like that chews quite a lot of CPU...

Xenakios wrote:
CinningBao wrote:Just noticed a possible performance issue.. Is it supposed to be hammering the cpu when you press stop?
Do you have the scrolling output visualizer turned on? Looks like that chews quite a lot of CPU...
Aha! That's why I get pseudo hangs when I stop playback of one sample and then hit the 'Import file…' button. The file dialog can take up to a minute to list the contents of a disk or folder (on my external USB3 Samsung SSD). I even took a sample in the Activity Monitor, but after your post above, I disabled the visualizer and everything is back to its snappy normal…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:I disabled the visualizer and everything is back to its snappy normal…
Wow, I didn't expect it to be that bad! I will definitely have to see how to optimize it...

Beta 3 doesn't work...beta 2 was fine. Win 10 64

axembler wrote:Beta 3 doesn't work...beta 2 was fine. Win 10 64
Doesn't run at all? That's quite odd...Or it starts but there's some other issue?

If it doesn't start at all, try deleting the settings file at :

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\PaulStretch3\PaulStretch3.xml

Xenakios wrote:If it doesn't start at all, try deleting the settings file at :
That helped :tu:

axembler wrote:
Xenakios wrote:If it doesn't start at all, try deleting the settings file at :
That helped :tu:
OK, thanks for the report, I have to see what kinds of problems the settings file can cause at start up. (If I have to make a guess, it's somehow related to the audio interface settings.)

Hey Xenakios,

This looks and sounds absolutely amazing. Can not express my gratitude for your efforts with this and CDP.

As soon as I saw this I wondered what are the chances of getting this built for iOS or Android?

Anyways, Thank you thank you

Nathan

Return to “Effects”