DDMF Plugindoctor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally a cross platform alternative to Christian Buddes VST Analyser!

https://ddmf.eu/plugindoctor/

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

I've been waiting a long time for a new Plugin Analyzer. And a great discount (on an already great price) for existing customers. As long as it works as expected, I'm 100% buying this one!

Finally a 64-bit VST analyzer! Time to get my geek on...

This is a really bad news for my music...

...because now I can (actually have to) surrender to my nerd side! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Aliasing?

fVk.kVr wrote:Aliasing?
Good question - alias testing is essential for plugin nerding.

I'm at work so can't check it out. If anyone does, let us know :)

Very cool. I'm always interested in ways to test vsts so this sure got my attention.
I installed the 64bits demo on Windows7.

Just a couple problems though, which I'm positive could be sorted out in the near future with updated releases
- I've seriously had tons of crashes, some of them after few seconds as i clicked on some buttons
- if I go full screen, quit the program, then restart, the gui is huge in size (bigger than my monitor) and I cannot redimension it. had to uninstall-reinstall everytime to fix this

Last thing... does this work with waves plugins and their waveshell thing?

Nice concept though. Another cool plugin by DDMF.

Niowiad wrote:- if I go full screen, quit the program, then restart, the gui is huge in size (bigger than my monitor) and I cannot redimension it. had to uninstall-reinstall everytime to fix this
I haven't had any crashes, but I ran into this one too. I also had a few plugins with wonky metering that I'm trying to figure out.

Also, I loaded the Waves Shell and suddenly the Scheps Omni plugin appeared, but none of my other plugins.

All in all, it's a 1.0 release. Nothing too bad just yet. Bought it.

Yeah at that price (got the email) I'm probably buying it tomorrow anyway... pretty confident they'll sort things out.

I got it. It works pretty well. It is very interesting to see the harmonics and response of various plugins especially Nebula 4 programs. Very nice if you want to get a handle on what your plugins are doing and confirm/deny various things. Useful tool if you are a plugin nerd.

better name for it is "PluginGutViewer" or GutVST! (like "Got Milk ?") or "VstMRI" :D

Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Re: Aliasing - yep! I mean, it doesn't tell you there's aliasing but if you know what to look for you'll find it.

My initial impressions:

- What is that glitchy hash mess down at noisefloor on Pro-Q 2? Thought this was supposed to be CLEAN! (OK it's below the hearing level of ants, but still...)

- Hornet Tape crashes it...

- Would be really nice to be able to see down below 20hz, preferably down to 0hz which would help diagnose DC offset when it is an issue.

New tool for aliasing police. Niiice i dig it.

Really finally for 64 bit plugins..

Finally a replacement for the good old 32-bit VST Analyser! :tu: This one looks better, too. ;)

I'm so looking forward to playing with it. It's always very convenient to be able to check what the plugins are actually doing to the sound. I really like to check EQ curve and phase responses, DC offset and any HPF and LPF, saturation harmonics, noise and randomisation if implemented [I love some slight randomisation in EQ, amplitude and phase for true analogue behaviour] and yes - aliasing.

I'm puzzled someone didn't come up with it sooner and I'm glad DDMF decided to make it! :tu: I love the Metaplugin. :P

Hopefully, he'll iron out at least the worst bugs soon. :party:

edit: he hasn't implemented editing values for GUIless plugins like Airwindows, yet. :( Also, it would be nice to be able to edit the GUI colours. I'd prefer more contrast between dark-grey and light-grey.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Very exciting! A few issues from playing with the demo:
  • TSE R47 crashes it consistently for me (Win64)
  • No controls for Airwindows plugins makes me sad :( I was looking forwards to using this to compare the transfer curves and frequency response of quirky airwindows filters and comps to stuff with fancy GUIs.
  • Waveshell doesn't work; selecting a shell just opens a plugin from early in the list.

Return to “Effects”