Ohmboyz Infinity

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OhmBoyz

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:44 am Early Access? Like as seen on Steam? They grant you the privilege of paying for unfinished software that might never be finished?
THE choice of soundguru.. Especially for that "unfinished software that might never be finished?" -part :roll:

Red_Force wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:30 pm Anyway, I am here now and that tab will remain open in my browser as long as you guys have things to say to (or throw at) me. Enjoy!
I'd really love to see your whole current line brought to 2018. They work, fine.. But GUI in them is starting to be on the small side.. And maybe there's a little this and that, that could be polished since you're all better at cohmding software than you were 10-15 years ago :wink:

perfumer wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:21 am Nah, don't listen to him, keep it a delay only plugin. ;)
Check out Modnetic and tell me that again.

Red_Force wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:56 am Have you tried Mobilohm ? There are 3 phasers in it so that would be our go to source of phaser DSP if you like them like we do.

IR : we made some tries with that but it was kinda disappointing in the delay + reverb formula. Still, that's something we can reconsider upon popular demand.

I'll have to look into your noise suggestion and follow up on your reference.
Mobilohm - Yes! And since you have the DSP, go for it.

I’ve got more delays than any other effect plugin and I use all them. Check out Modnetic and (Audio Thing Reels and Outer Space - I wish all delay plugins had a noise envelope: being gone able to intentionally craft noise is key, vs just being noisy).

Marked as read. Keep sending feedback if you can :)

Going to be as real as I can here: Ohm Force will need to bring their A-game if they expect to draw people's attention away from things like Modnetic, Late Replies, and (especially) the recently-released uber-effect BYOME.

Really hoping they can recapture some of that old OhMagic, put their noses to the grindstone, and score a touchdown. (Enuff metaphors) (For now)
A well-behaved signature.

Glad to hear you haven't disappeared.

Are the following known issues?
- the lack of tempo sync with the project
- inability to save user presets
- incorrect scaling of the lines indicating delay positions on the graph as feedback is increased
Live 9.7.7, Mac OS 10.13.6

Also, any chance of changing the curve on filter resonance? Or making it more related to the q setting? Q is largely in effectual, while resonance scale sup far too quickly. This was a problem with OhmBoyz as well, fwiw

And it's quite difficult to add small amounts of modulation. This is necessary for effects like chorus

Oh, and the reverb is so weak I'm not sure it's worth leaving in in its current state

Hello Suthnear,

1) lack of tempo sync with the project
It does sync but you have to pick the BPM mode. Ms mode by design doesn't sync. If you don't have sync in BPM mode it's a new bug. Also note that the custom BPM display doesn't change yet when you change the host tempo, but it's nonetheless correctly reflected in the DSP.

2) you can save user presets. That's how factory presets have been designed. That being said the preset browser while functional is lacking enough polish that it can be deceptive on how to save/load presets.

3) there are several issues with the timeline graph. As we plan to fine tune it a lot we're not into solving bugs there yet.

Has this been updated so it doesn’t crash now?

There's an update coming this week for AU and other issues reported here.

Red_Force wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:53 pm 1) lack of tempo sync with the project
It does sync but you have to pick the BPM mode. Ms mode by design doesn't sync. If you don't have sync in BPM mode it's a new bug. Also note that the custom BPM display doesn't change yet when you change the host tempo, but it's nonetheless correctly reflected in the DSP.
Ah, you are right. I just noticed it wasn't changing with the project tempo and then changed it manually to match. So presumed it wasn't working.

Red_Force wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 pm Marked as read. Keep sending feedback if you can :)
Hey,

I'm just writing you as I recently won ohmboyz infinity through the kvr charity auction; however, I'm yet to receive a license. Luftrum informed us to contact you. Here's a link to the page: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=512242
Thanks!

Hey DFoisie,

Tell your ohmforce account to Luftrum so that he can "validate" you (you don't want anyone reading this thread to collect in your place, right?) and then he mails me with it. That's how we rolled last year if my recollection is right.

How are things coming along? I never buy any beta software - but I am really intrigued about this one.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Seems to have gone quiet again, how’s the GUI coming along?
It no longer crashes now and sounds dope!

Return to “Effects”