Sinevibes released Luminance shimmer reverb plugin for macOS!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Artemiy Pavlov wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
mister-rz wrote:just wish the demo didn't include a burst of white noise, should just stop the processing but still let the original sound play, be less jarring in testing the plugins.
It is one of the more obnoxious that I've heard. I contacted the developer about it, some years back, but he didn't care for my point of view.
I wanted to adddess this issue in a separate reply. First of all, never in my personal reply to you I would say that “I do not care” :-) It simply never got to be prioritized in our ever-growing list of things to do, even though it WAS on that list. We did, however reduce the noise level at one point. And also, you have to remember that our plugins do not have DRM, giving you zero headache once you own them.

This said, I do agree that the noise should be less intrusive. I have decided to revise the algorithm soonest, bringing the noise in and out more smoothly. Hopefully within a couple weeks it will be in demo versions of all plugins in the Creative Collection, and in other ones after that.

Cheers!
Thanks for reconsidering, noise bursts was one thing that made me not test your plugins more thoroughly, definitely going to buy luminance, would be perfect on ios too, as things are moving over to auv3, I'd buy it twice.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:When I bought it to your attention, you pretty much said that you didn't think it was that loud/irritating, and that nobody else had complained. At that point, you certainly made no mention of it being anything you were interested in changing. Therefore, I think it is fair of me to say that you didn't care about my complaint :shrug:
Damn! This does sound like I did not care :-D Like I said, probably thought it should not be a priority and then the same code carried over for years. BTW could you please contact us via www.sinevibes.com/contact? Remind me you're coming from this post @KVR. Thanks.

Artemiy Pavlov wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:When I bought it to your attention, you pretty much said that you didn't think it was that loud/irritating, and that nobody else had complained. At that point, you certainly made no mention of it being anything you were interested in changing. Therefore, I think it is fair of me to say that you didn't care about my complaint :shrug:
Damn! This does sound like I did not care :-D Like I said, probably thought it should not be a priority and then the same code carried over for years. BTW could you please contact us via http://www.sinevibes.com/contact? Remind me you're coming from this post @KVR. Thanks.
You may have even mentioned that you would consider it at some point. It was a while back :scared:

Will shoot you a mail.

Just wanted to return to this, as I felt it important to clarify my comments with regard to the demo functionality. I didn't want it to seem like I was angry/upset with the developer. For whatever reason, when we were first in contact, the developer and I seemed to be at odds on this issue. However, after chatting for the last few days, I definitely get a good vibe with regard to his motivations etc, that are reminiscent of some of the other small developers that are gracing us with such quality 'toys', at great prices.

It seems that the demo algorithm will be changed to offer a more comfortable experience, and I'm definitely looking forward to spending time with all the stuff I've missed out on.

Great customer service.

Cheers :tu:

Artemiy Pavlov wrote:Hey guys!

It's Artemiy from Sinevibes here.

First of all I'd like to thank you all for so much positive feedback about Luminance! It took a lot of time and experience to make this effect and we are getting so much praise for it that I can barely cope with replying each and every e-mail. As you might have heard it's a huge success for us, best product launch we ever had since staring back in 2006. It is overwhelming... and amazing.

Regarding our step-sequenced effects, there was indeed a period of time where we were obsessed with these types of plugins and we made a lot of stuff that we were well-known for. But as we went further in design and DSP, we had more and more ideas for other types of products and we enjoyed making the more widely-usable plugins like Luminance and others in Creative Collection. We do have ideas for the next-generation step-sequenced plugin lineup, however :-) We hope in a couple years our catalog will be much more easy to understand, perhaps with two or three different product lines.

Thanks again!
I love the sequenced effects, Cluster in particular, so I’m glad you’ve got long term plans including them.

My biggest complaint is that I have an entire folder full of Sinevibes plugins and I have no idea what 3/4 of them are until I open them, and even then not until I hit play and adjust some settings, lol. The newer ones at least have labels that say “delay” or “flanger”.

Otherwise, I love them.

dangayle wrote:]My biggest complaint is that I have an entire folder full of Sinevibes plugins and I have no idea what 3/4 of them are until I open them, and even then not until I hit play and adjust some settings, lol. The newer ones at least have labels that say “delay” or “flanger”.
Believe it or not I have this issue too! And I've been thinking about it a lot this year. My big plan, for the next generation of all plugins, is to have more standardized naming. Can't give any more details for now, as I am working things out still, but it will surely make browsing them way easier.

Artemiy Pavlov wrote:
dangayle wrote:My biggest complaint is that I have an entire folder full of Sinevibes plugins and I have no idea what 3/4 of them are until I open them, and even then not until I hit play and adjust some settings, lol. The newer ones at least have labels that say “delay” or “flanger”.
Believe it or not I have this issue too! And I've been thinking about it a lot this year. My big plan, for the next generation of all plugins, is to have more standardized naming. Can't give any more details for now, as I am working things out still, but it will surely make browsing them way easier.
Ha ha, awesome. I own and use everything, so if you need a user to throw ideas by, let me know.

dangayle wrote:Ha ha, awesome. I own and use everything, so if you need a user to throw ideas by, let me know.
We usually discuss such matters publicly on Twitter and Facebook, so I'd recommend that you follow Sinevibes there if you'd like to eventually jump in and give your opinion on this (or anything else, for that matter).

There’s an update available...

martinjuenke wrote:There’s an update available...
Yeah but not for VST yet... Now THAT be an update!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Just a quick update: we developed a new algorithm for plugin demo versions, it will be shot noise (crackle) that is faded in and out every 30 seconds. It will be used in out next new plugin and gradually replaced in other plugins in the near future, too.

Return to “Effects”