Valhalla Delay released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ValhallaDelay

Can we possibly use one of the 20 delays that are already in our plugin folder while waiting ?
No. Of course not. They will all sound like complete crap, and useless.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Yep, guess this must have messed up the orbit. :scared:

acousticglue wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:48 pm I can't play an instrument the way I hear in my head...
That's unfortunate for you. Maybe you should try one which sounds better. :ud:

Spamming F5 at 5 Hz is unhealthy for my barré finger.

Bought!

Now to demo it! :lol:

Is it just me or did Sean forget to upload a Mac demo? Both available demo links appear to be the Windows demo.

Edit: whatever. After looking at the documentation, I'm buying it anyway.
Last edited by NeonNightflyer on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 pm Bought!

Now to demo it! :lol:
Bought!

Now to read anything at all on the page other than the "buy" button :hihi:

ValhallaDelay has seven different delay Modes:

Tape: Modeled after vintage tape echoes, with all the features and quirks that were loved in the old hardware.
HiFi: A higher fidelity tape echo, where the ability to precisely sculpt the sound is in your hands. .
BBD: A dark, low fidelity bucket brigade delay model.
Digital: A cleaner, higher bandwidth delay, with the ability to dial in digital dirt.
Ghost: A Valhalla DSP original! Combines the tape model from the HiFi mode with frequency shifting and a unique diffusion algorithm, for sounds that will split your skull in two.
Pitch: A digital delay with added pitch shifting. Perfect for micro-shifting vocals, adding harmonies to synths, creating vast shimmering soundscapes, or shrieking sounds that forever spiral upwards or downwards.
RevPitch: Reverse pitch shifting! Everything that goes in, comes out reversed.

Five tape Styles, for controlling the number of delay voices:

Single: Same delay length & modulation for left and right channels.
Dual: Independent delay lengths for left and right channels.
Ratio: The right channel is set to a ratio of the left channel, and the feedback of left and right channels is mixed. Perfect for sounds that slowly transition from delay to reverb-esque.
PingPong: A delay that bounces between the left and right channels, with the ability to set the left and right delays independently.
Quad: Models the multi-head tape echoes of the 1960s and 1970s, with up to 4 delay taps on tap.

Cool features:
Delay lengths ranging from 0 msec to 20 seconds. Dial in choruses and flangers, slapback echoes, longer delays, or long Frippertronic loops.
Sync the delay to the beat, with straight/dotted/triplet options. Or, control the length via milliseconds.
Age control, for adjusting the artifacts of the delay mode. Clean and shiny, old and dusty, or anywhere in between.
Powerful Diffusion section, that can be used to smooth out the attacks of delays, or can be an amazingly smooth and lush reverb in its own right. Up to 20 seconds of diffusion time possible!

its really good. you can automate everything which turns it into a juicy resonating reverb texture machine. it really sounds fantastic. well wort the wait.

thank you sean!

NeonNightflyer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 pm Is it just me or did Sean forget to upload a Mac demo? Both available demo links appear to be the Windows demo.

Yeah. both are for Windows :lol:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:14 pm
NeonNightflyer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:04 pm Is it just me or did Sean forget to upload a Mac demo? Both available demo links appear to be the Windows demo.

Yeah. both are for Windows :lol:
Fixed.
Don Gunn
ValhallaDSP Support

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

or in human words, I bought it....

Bought'd. Cripes it's good. Been a long time since a plugin had me doing the stupid grin of joy look.

Return to “Effects”