Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

specops, byome and triad, all glitchmachines plugins; instant exceptional sound design. of course it begins with the source...

Did PA send out vouchers for June?
I haven’t received one yet, got my eye on Triad.

simmo75 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:38 am Did PA send out vouchers for June?
I haven’t received one yet, got my eye on Triad.
Dirk confirmed on FB that they're NOT sending vouchers during the summer sale.

So, I gotta ask... do we have a new beta yet? Seems like more stuff is being thrown out before the old stuff is finished. Unfiltered used to be rock solid. why all the half finished releases? and is PA going to give us finished installers at some point? sorry, I'm getting frustrated. I thought this would be close to complete by now.

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:07 pm So, I gotta ask... do we have a new beta yet? Seems like more stuff is being thrown out before the old stuff is finished. Unfiltered used to be rock solid. why all the half finished releases? and is PA going to give us finished installers at some point? sorry, I'm getting frustrated. I thought this would be close to complete by now.
It looks like Byome has been updated also. It shows v1.0.1 when installing through Installation Manager.

dermage wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:26 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:07 pm So, I gotta ask... do we have a new beta yet? Seems like more stuff is being thrown out before the old stuff is finished. Unfiltered used to be rock solid. why all the half finished releases? and is PA going to give us finished installers at some point? sorry, I'm getting frustrated. I thought this would be close to complete by now.
It looks like Byome has been updated also. It shows v1.0.1 when installing through Installation Manager.
lizard mentions it here...
viewtopic.php?p=7423491#p7423491

1.0.1 was released, but it doesn't have the proposed HiDPI fixes or the Input Follower state-saving fix. We are planning on posting a new public beta this week with those in place.

ok, so... i was scared to death of installing that manager. i just new it would go all to shit and i would have triple of everything installed if i did get it to work right. i always just used the downloads from the user area, but, it's become obvious that you guys using the manager are getting different versions so i buckled up and did it today. i have to say, it went pretty smooth. the manager was actually smaller then i thought and the install let me choose a custom location. also, i now have the latest version of everything. seems like the manager is the way to go. now, if it only had an UNINSTALL.

Normally I'm not into plugin managers, but the plugin alliance installer is actually really good. How they all should be, super duper light weight, runs fast lets you choose install folder (on windows) etc.

Is there a specific email that is better to send bug reports too? Or is this thread a good place.
I've noticed some bugs in Byome 1.0.1 that weren't in 1.0:
-BYOME instances no longer remember their window size when you close and reopen them (it worked in 1.0)
-The settings that say "the following options are unique to this instance only" are not actually unique to that instance only, they change the global setting for all instances.
- The tool tips still work for individual parameters but they no longer work when you hover over the names of the cells themselves (for instance in 1.0 if you hovered over where it says "Saturation" in the saturator cell it used to give a description of the cell, it doesn't do that anymore)

These bugs all occur in Windows 10 and Mac OS

Thanks! Window size was fixed with the HiDPI stuff in the next beta. I think the options menu language is outdated, so I'll correct that. I hadn't heard about the tooltips... I'll look at that right away since that probably also affects Triad and LION.

The manager is crap, yet they (PA) insist on using it. If it works for you youre lucky, if it doesn't, it never will and they wont be able to tell you why. It wont install presets or VST 2.4 plugin's for me at all. I have
been back and forth with them so much that I refuse to deal with them any further.

The only solution is to use another computer and copy the stuff from it. Or use the presets so kindly
provided by the lizard.

*its not even able to figure out that it has failed. Seriously, very poorly designed imho.

oh interesting I've used it on a bunch of computers and never had a problem.

Every plugin on the website has individual installer downloads on the bottom of their page on the PA website as well FYI, so using the manager is optional.

I've never had a problem with the installer either. Super fast and reliable for me.

The individual installers now use the same install routines. Think they don’t want to pay for install shield or something.

Return to “Effects”