Unfiltered Audio BYOME

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Byometrics Carmen for BYOME Unfiltered Audio BYOME

Symetry wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:44 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Looks like what BYOME always should have been.
Yep, that's what I thought as well. Really stoked to see this still, but I wonder how they are handling the update for it. Would be nice if you could import your Byome Presets into it, as the modules inside looked pretty much the same (at least in the vid).
Bit of a leak today, but we weren't going to ask BT to delete a post hahah. Kind of hard to put the genie back in the bottle after 800 people had watched it.

There will be a very fair upgrade price for BYOME owners. All BYOME user and factory presets will show up inside of Triad. You can import an entire BYOME preset or just the effects to a row.

Triad has six modes of three-way band-splitting.

Triad does not replace BYOME. There are unique features on each due to significantly different workflows.

I'll post more info around the official release which is still a ways off. For now, we're still applying patches simultaneously to Triad, BYOME, and the entire line-up. Today's news is that an NVIDIA driver is crashing OpenGL plugins. Yesterday's news is that a Windows security update also broke things.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:57 pm I don't share your positive feelings about any of it. Guess we'll just have to wait :shrug:

EDIT: Just saw Michaels Update, thanks for the fast reply and additional info!
Last edited by Symetry on Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thelizard wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 pm There will be a very fair upgrade price for BYOME owners. All BYOME user and factory presets will show up inside of Triad. You can import an entire BYOME preset or just the effects to a row.
That's what I hoped for, perfect! If it's a fair update price and I can import my Byome Presets into it I'm all settled :tu:
thelizard wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:59 pm Today's news is that an NVIDIA driver is crashing OpenGL plugins.
Sounds like the biggest issue I am having with UA plugins. Turning OpenGL off actually improved stability for me a lot (after Steinberg Support recommended it when sending them crashlogs).

Hi everyone,

We've sent in another round of BYOME builds to PA. I think that we've finally figured out the interface performance issues. Here are some BETA builds to test out:
Mac: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jcuzmcfiyqocv ... 7.zip?dl=0
Windows: https://www.dropbox.com/s/89mffc6yulab2 ... 7.zip?dl=0

We have implemented a scalable frame rate. The foreground window takes priority over all other plugins. Plugins in the background will appear to render more slowly until they are brought to the foreground (a lot of this is dependent on the speed of your computer). However, this solves all of the dead-lock issues. Background frame rate choppiness is much better than a full lock-up to say the least...

Please note that these have not passed PA QA testing yet. If you encounter any bugs with these, please write to us (contact) (at) (unfilteredaudio) [dot com], and do not use PA's web form. Alternatively, drop a line here. These might have new bugs, so please don't use these in mission-critical projects yet. However, we would love to hear whether these have fixed interface bugs and multiple-window lock-ups. So far, in our tests, these are vastly better. These interface fixes are being rolled into older plugins as well.

We've tucked in some new features as well...
-There's a new option for reporting latency to the host. Previously, BYOME didn't report latency at all, but some effects (notably the dynamics effects when Lookahead is used or the Pitch Shifter) were producing unreported latency. The latency produced by Pitch Shifter is dependent on the window size. Since this parameter could be modulated, we have a workaround to keep it from crashing hosts or creating side effects. The latency is only reported by where the knob is positioned, but not by any incoming modulation. So if the knob is set to 70 ms, then the latency will be 70 ms. The dry/wet mix of the Pitch Shifter itself is latency-compensated correctly in all cases.

-There have been minor visual tweaks, especially to the preset header. We discovered a few instances where visual artifacts could be produced due to positions with non-integer pixel values. Overall, scaling the interface should look nicer.

We've added a few workflow improvements based on user feedback:
-On the main preset menu, there's an "Unlock All Controls" button. This will remove any locks from the controls so that the user doesn't need to hunt down lock icons.
-When right-clicking an effect or modulator, you can now Lock or Unlock the entire effect, along with Copy/Paste. These have been added to the "hamburger" menus in the top-right of each.
-Right-clicking a row's label (FX/CV) will bring up a new row menu. From here, you can lock/unlock the entire row, shuffle the order of effects, randomize the row, or reset all of the row effects to default. Additionally, on the effect row, you can import the effect row from any BYOME preset without loading the modulators or main controls

thelizard wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:55 amWe've tucked in some new features as well...
-There's a new option for reporting latency to the host. Previously, BYOME didn't report latency at all, but some effects (notably the dynamics effects when Lookahead is used or the Pitch Shifter) were producing unreported latency.
That's a bug-fix, not "new feature" :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Will try it out !!!

nothing fixed for me :(
when i select some instances of byome to an instrument track, after the third instance it freezes my ableton, so that every click in ableton takes up to minutes before ableton reacts to my mouse click. It freezes my DAW. I am on Win 10 / 64
Ableton 10.1 Beta. I had this problem with all previous ableton version with the byome 1.00 before too, so for me is nothing fixed ... it's very angry, because of this error i don't want to use byome, because i am always afraid that it freezes my current project.
I bought byome on release for much money and can't use it :(

sacer wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:56 am nothing fixed for me :(
when i select some instances of byome to an instrument track, after the third instance it freezes my ableton, so that every click in ableton takes up to minutes before ableton reacts to my mouse click. It freezes my DAW. I am on Win 10 / 64
Ableton 10.1 Beta. I had this problem with all previous ableton version with the byome 1.00 before too, so for me is nothing fixed ... it's very angry, because of this error i don't want to use byome, because i am always afraid that it freezes my current project.
I bought byome on release for much money and can't use it :(
Which graphics card, driver version and windows version are you on?
I'm on AMD graphics and experience similar things.
In the studio on Nvidia it seems to run smoother.

Used the Byome Beta a lot yesterday and here are some findings:

1.Using Byome as a Direct Offline Process is still broken for Cubase10 as it does not process the first seconds of any file at all with the effect modules.

2. Stability wise it seems that at least on Win10/Cubase10 the stability has improved. I worked on a larger project yesterday with many instances and didn't get crashes/corrupted project saves that I got with version 1.0 a lot. But to be 100% sure I will need to use it over a longer period.

3.It still seems to clip/saturate high volume input (with no modules loaded at all). Even if you use 64bit floating precision for the Audio Engine in Cubase10 it sounds like it's clipping input that's entering the plugin too loud interally. Not that big of an issue for me, but I don't quite understand that design decision. Shouldn't the base plugin (without loaded modules) rather be complete clean for audio in/output and any clipping/distortion/truncation added via the modules if desired?

I am on Win 10 64 Bit, with Intel i7 5960 and Nvidia 970 GTX with 4 GB latest drivers.
My notebook has a Nvidia m960 and reproduces the same error....

sacer wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:34 am I am on Win 10 64 Bit, with Intel i7 5960 and Nvidia 970 GTX with 4 GB latest drivers.
My notebook has a Nvidia m960 and reproduces the same error....
I could reproduce it too, it seems also dependent on refresh rate. With 120 hz I only had big problems when 3 Byome windows were open. On 60hz already 2 windows froze Live. Also reproduced it in Bitwig 2, Studio one pro 4 and reaper, so seems to be not DAW related.

yeah it has nothing to do with opengl or the gpu, I can load in ableton 100 vst plugins and get no freeze or something else, it's still a bug, i wrote to plugin alliance support some months ago and nothing happened

So loaded FX still can't be bypassed completely?

Sorry, but what kind of Kindergarten is this? You're making sure it stays nothing more than a toy?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Never mind
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never mind
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”