UVI Plate

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plate

Liero wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:19 pm Spent about 3 hours with this thing now. I'm not usually prone to rave, but especially if you like clean reverb: this just makes a whole lot of other reverb plugins totally obsolete. The sound on 'insane' processing quality is just phenomenal, and the differences between processing modes is very significant unlike in maybe other plugins where quality is just oversampling amount.
Have to agree with this. However, the rather drastic changes in sound and volume can be problematic if you want to use UVI Plate for mixing at lower settings then set to insane mode for rendering. I wish the developers had paid a bit more attention to this detail (the perceived volume that is).

Anyhow, the plugin sounds absolutely phenomenal. There's no doubt about that.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Cpu is fine, only 4,5% on default, on my 2 years old hackintosh in cubase :evil:

I don't usually post anything but this plug in..my god. I want to thank UVI team for their work and what a nice intro discount. Kind of makes it impulse buy after demoing. :clap:

Nice tips i'm reading here, keep them coming guys! :party:

plexuss wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:50 pm On my machine 2010 Mac Pro 12-core 3GHz, Logic X, the tails of Plate crackle. why and how to prevent? :phones:
The tails of Plate spike my CPU too. I'm not able to use the plugin at the moment, for this reason. I also have a Mac Pro 12-core. This is reproducible in Ableton live.

L

@plexuss @h2ogun99 Might be the same denormal issue that a Windows user was experiencing.
We will post an update with this fix shortly.

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

bmanic wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:09 am Have to agree with this. However, the rather drastic changes in sound and volume can be problematic if you want to use UVI Plate for mixing at lower settings then set to insane mode for rendering. I wish the developers had paid a bit more attention to this detail (the perceived volume that is).
Given that the sound changes can be drastic given depending on the other settings, you probably don't want to have that kind of changes when mixing as well.
If their was no changes, what would be the point of quality settings :)
Still, I agree we could have better handled volume changes when switching this setting.

Thanks !
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Just wanted to mention that it seems Malwarebytes Anti-Malware freaks out over the Plate files (Program Files\Plate). Could be good to sort out this false positive.

Yeah, I'm getting a crazy high cpu usage on win10...low setting is showing 50%...mid is over 100

Olivier - I think it would be great if you'd add offline quality option for this plugin. It makes a lot of sense, no? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:21 am Olivier - I think it would be great if you'd add offline quality option for this plugin. It makes a lot of sense, no? :)
No it doesn't because it changes very much the sound. While it make sense for products with oversampling, this is not the case with Plate.
The offline rendering here is more about switch to insane and freeze your track.
You always want to hear the right sound.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

I absolutely love it but the website stuck me with euros and would not change to $US even though I am in Australia. Got burned a bit on the exchange rate. Still worth it - the sound really is exceptional

woggle wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am I absolutely love it but the website stuck me with euros and would not change to $US even though I am in Australia. Got burned a bit on the exchange rate. Still worth it - the sound really is exceptional
VPN ?
Otherwise, please try with a private browsing to reset cookies.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:55 am
woggle wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:52 am I absolutely love it but the website stuck me with euros and would not change to $US even though I am in Australia. Got burned a bit on the exchange rate. Still worth it - the sound really is exceptional
VPN ?
Otherwise, please try with a private browsing to reset cookies.
thanks - might have been a vpn - was a few days ago so can't remember, although that's the sort of thing I'd check. Anyway, will be a bit more careful next time. Was only maybe $20 so not too drastic. Easy worth it. Curse of a volatile currency

What do you mean by "even though Australia"? Being able to pay in USD "even though I am in Europe", has always being out of the question by 99 % of the net distributors. Why living in Australia would make any difference to pay with other than domestic currency? Then, why in EUR, not in AUD, that's the correct question.

This plate sounds very different from any others I have. Is the same for everyone else? I tried it against 3 others, valhalla, eventide and Lexicon. I think all of these sound very good but to me it was amazing how different this one sounds than any other. The other 3 are much more similar, except Lexicon seems a lot more neutral than the other 2.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Harry_HH wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:05 am
What do you mean by "even though Australia"? Being able to pay in USD "even though I am in Europe", has always being out of the question by 99 % of the net distributors. Why living in Australia would make any difference to pay with other than domestic currency? Then, why in EUR, not in AUD, that's the correct question.
there is no AUD option on the UVI site I accessed - it is often the case with online purchases that AUD is not offered. If there had been an AUD option I would have taken it

Return to “Effects”