FabFilter Pro-Q 3

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
BeeDog
KVRist
155 posts since 31 Jan, 2018

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 pm

XComposer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 pm
I think he was really meaning "Crave" EQ:

https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq
Yep :)

User avatar
Lesha
KVRian
1420 posts since 18 Feb, 2005 from Serbia

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:51 pm

That "transparent phase" looks interesting.
It's easy if you know how

Elektronisch
KVRAF
2850 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:37 am

BeeDog wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:46 pm
XComposer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 pm
I think he was really meaning "Crave" EQ:

https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq
Yep :)
ah sorry, my bad, i thought it was a spelling error :dog: :D

Sparky77
KVRian
858 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:33 am

Fleer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:51 pm
Life’s too short to not have this :hyper:
I think that's the Fabfilter slogan.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

HSum
KVRist
57 posts since 28 Aug, 2017

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:11 am

I know it's just a very simple change, but having L/R/M/S/Stereo now available per band and not per instance is very sweet.
Tilt filter (used the free HOFA plugin for this before) and brickwall mode for lowcut/highcut is a welcome addition.

The dynamic mode is nice. It's okay for me to not have dedicated controls for attack/release. I've spent the weekend testing ProQ3 and there was no project where this was needed. It does a pretty good job per default and I think these controls would only clutter the beautiful and easy ui.

Using the sidechain for the dynamic mode would be a huge feature. On the other this is already possible in Pro-MB which I often used as dynamic EQ so far.

Update done, for a small and imo fair upgrade fee.

User avatar
Fleer
KVRAF
4112 posts since 23 Aug, 2014 from Boston/Cambridge

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 am

Sparky77 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:33 am
Fleer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:51 pm
Life’s too short to not have this :hyper:
I think that's a Fab slogan.
I agree ;)
Read in another thread that they may be adding sidechaining in an update.

User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
1052 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:19 am

Fleer wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:20 am
Sparky77 wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:33 am
Fleer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:51 pm
Life’s too short to not have this :hyper:
I think that's a Fab slogan.
I agree ;)
Read in another thread that they may be adding sidechaining in an update.
That would make this plug more amazinger!

User avatar
Vortifex
KVRian
1164 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 am

XComposer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 pm
I think he was really meaning "Crave" EQ:

https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq
Thanks for this. Just been demoing it, it's pretty nice. No dynamic capability but what's there has been well implemented.

User avatar
XComposer
KVRist
268 posts since 18 Aug, 2006 from Italy

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 am

Vortifex wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:54 am
XComposer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:37 pm
I think he was really meaning "Crave" EQ:

https://cravedsp.com/crave-eq
Thanks for this. Just been demoing it, it's pretty nice. No dynamic capability but what's there has been well implemented.
You're welcome. I have already II EQ Pro by DDMF as a static eq and I'm really satisfied with it; otherwise, I would consider Crave EQ myself as a static EQ.
www.GKweb.it
Mac, OS X 10.11, Logic Pro X

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRian
1215 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 am

At this point I think I’m gonna stick with Nova GE.

I haven’t had a situation yet where I need per-band mid-side processing. The whole TDR suite costs less than ProQ3. :scared:

User avatar
plexuss
KVRAF
2693 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:34 am

Tappistry wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 am
At this point I think I’m gonna stick with Nova GE.

I haven’t had a situation yet where I need per-band mid-side processing. The whole TDR suite costs less than ProQ3. :scared:
Before you abandon Q3 for Nova, try this: have some kind of wide band audio running in a loop with Q3 on it. Open Q3. As you know you can click to add a band and drag the band up and down. you can also use the mouse wheel (I use up/down on a trackpad) to boost/cut the band. fine. Now, hold option/alt while doing the boost cut - instant dynamic band! Just amazing. Now try adding multiple boost and cut dynamic bands to compliment the audio - the result is a very good sounding dynamic EQ curve. Not possible to do this easily in other dynamic EQs - FF have created the ability to have dynamic bands as easily as static bands which is very powerful because it's less distracting workflow and helps to keep your 'head in the mix" :phones:

User avatar
Tappistry
KVRian
1215 posts since 3 Aug, 2017 from San Diego, CA

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:16 pm

plexuss wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:34 am
Tappistry wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:23 am
At this point I think I’m gonna stick with Nova GE.

I haven’t had a situation yet where I need per-band mid-side processing. The whole TDR suite costs less than ProQ3. :scared:
Before you abandon Q3 for Nova, try this: have some kind of wide band audio running in a loop with Q3 on it. Open Q3. As you know you can click to add a band and drag the band up and down. you can also use the mouse wheel (I use up/down on a trackpad) to boost/cut the band. fine. Now, hold option/alt while doing the boost cut - instant dynamic band! Just amazing. Now try adding multiple boost and cut dynamic bands to compliment the audio - the result is a very good sounding dynamic EQ curve. Not possible to do this easily in other dynamic EQs - FF have created the ability to have dynamic bands as easily as static bands which is very powerful because it's less distracting workflow and helps to keep your 'head in the mix" :phones:
I get that workflow streamlining is worth the cost for some folks. But I’m not a professional, so for me, I have some alternative lower-cost options that work well for me and what I’m doing.

If I have a need for super complex dynamic EQing in the future, I’ll consider Q3. :)

TheSynthScientist
KVRist
140 posts since 29 Nov, 2018

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:38 pm

XComposer wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:14 pm
In my case, I'm thinking… Excellent quality, fantastic GUI. Really, no doubt, very impressive. But if I already have MAutoDynamicEQ, Oeksound Soothe and MSpectralDynamics, plus the good DDMF static IIEQ Pro, even with the EDU discount and another small discount for owning another product of them, do I really need FabFilter Pro-Q 3?
It sounds different from the other EQs mentioned.
Do you need it?
Only you can answer that....

User avatar
dandezebra
KVRian
1052 posts since 21 Dec, 2013 from USA

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:49 pm

I never understood the flood of folks on KVR who are antiplugins for people. I mean, a comment here and there... OK. But, really? I would think it would be better to be in the Unfiltered Audio thread yapping to the devs about free plugs being better than BYOME or at Urs about his expensive synths? I won't even bring up 2CAudio. :wink:

I proudly got it. I'm also still terrible at mixing and mastering... But, I'm proud of that too. Ha!

Anyhow, back on topic. This plugin rocks and with the discounts for previous plugs, a no thinker.

acousticglue
KVRian
542 posts since 27 May, 2008

Re: FabFilter Pro-Q 3 Coming Soon...

Post Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:36 am

However the Stones did Wheels of Steel suits me. Excellent mixes along with Some Girls

Return to “Effects”