Plugin Alliance new transfer policy caused concerns and is corrected...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some people are never satisfied. :D And I am sitting at home enjoying my guitar through bx_rockrack v3.

Some people can never get a satisfaction, and some people are always satisfied... Most are there in between.

Posted in the FB group:

.....Our support agents recently started to enforce a rule that was in place for a while in theory (according to our system & data analysis), but had not been applied in the past....
Only a few days prior to this rule change i attempted to transfer a license that had outstanding fees on it. It was a secondhand license that i had not yet paid the transfer fee for. I wonder if he's referring to me?

zvenx wrote: It could give a possible very vocal minority inordinate amount of sense of entitlement.
Nah, that's Antifa :lol:

Good decision, PA!

Well good for all those who found the policy to be a problem. :clap:

...hopefully, Dirk and crew weren’t just being crafty and playing us all to gain some easy customer appreciation. ...just kidding :lol:

Welllll the excuse that it was an innocent mistake and management didn't even know about it, is a little hard to swallow. But I will give Dirk the benefit of the doubt because whatever the case may be, they have now done The Right Thing 100%.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm Welllll the excuse that it was an innocent mistake and management didn't even know about it, is a little hard to swallow. But I will give Dirk the benefit of the doubt because whatever the case may be, they have now done The Right Thing 100%.
When I contacted Dirk on FB I expressed my concens and told him not to bother replying back with rationale because it will just cause an arguement (I should start a #nonfr movement lol). But he replied back saying "Which new transfer policy are you referring to please? Just trying to understand." That led me to think he was not 100% aware of what had occured. Or he was being sly.

It's possible he's given control to someone at PA who decided to move ahead with this NFR thing, thinking it was a good idea. And then, a customer found the new policy and posted it. It got to me and then I brought it to Dirk's attention (along with others I assume).

Anyway who-ever made this decision if they are in the role of business management, they need to find another career because they are a failure at it. :phones:

jbarish wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:26 pm Very short sighted of PA. They think it will help their business but it will drive more people away. I'm no longer interested in purchasing any of their plugs because of this new policy. And I'm not in the plugin reselling business.
:tu:

plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:45 pm
MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:38 pm Welllll the excuse that it was an innocent mistake and management didn't even know about it, is a little hard to swallow. But I will give Dirk the benefit of the doubt because whatever the case may be, they have now done The Right Thing 100%.
When I contacted Dirk on FB I expressed my concens and told him not to bother replying back with rationale because it will just cause an arguement (I should start a #nonfr movement lol). But he replied back saying "Which new transfer policy are you referring to please? Just trying to understand." That led me to think he was not 100% aware of what had occured. Or he was being sly.

It's possible he's given control to someone at PA who decided to move ahead with this NFR thing, thinking it was a good idea. And then, a customer found the new policy and posted it. It got to me and then I brought it to Dirk's attention (along with others I assume).

Anyway who-ever made this decision if they are in the role of business management, they need to find another career because they are a failure at it. :phones:
Perhaps it was just a coding error when they introduced the new automatic licence transfer page in the accounts...

martinjuenke wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 pm Perhaps it was just a coding error when they introduced the new automatic licence transfer page in the accounts...
I dont think so because the NFR policy was specifically spelled out on their support page for license transfers. It specically called out "NFR" and the policy in question. it has since been updated. :phones:

plexuss wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:34 pm Perhaps it was just a coding error when they introduced the new automatic licence transfer page in the accounts...
I dont think so because the NFR policy was specifically spelled out on their support page for license transfers. It specically called out "NFR" and the policy in question. it has since been updated. :phones:
Transfer page: "You cannot transfer inactive licenses, free licenses, licenses with a fee required, licenses that were previously transferred to you, and the same plugin can only be transferred twice."

So still stating 2 possible NFR scenarios.

MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:22 pm
zvenx wrote: It could give a possible very vocal minority inordinate amount of sense of entitlement.

Good decision, PA!
Why show your dog whistle politics on a plugin thread?

samsam wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:26 am

Good decision, PA!
Why insist that it's an an intentional "dog whistle?" Maybe it was just a joke. Why not just say, "Hey, this isn't a political thread?"
MogwaiBoy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:22 pm Nah, that's Antifa :lol:

Good decision, PA!
Hey, this isn't a political thread.

masterhiggins wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 am

Good decision, PA!
Why insist that it's an an intentional "dog whistle?" Maybe it was just a joke. Why not just say, "Hey, this isn't a political thread?"
I'll respond how I f**king well choose, thanks. He stank up the thread, not me. Was my argument with you?

samsam wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 am
masterhiggins wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:20 am

Good decision, PA!
I'll respond how I f**king well choose, thanks. He stank up the thread, not me. Was my argument with you?
It wasn't a command. It was a friendly suggestion as it wasn't clear it was a "dog whistle." Apologies. Clearly you are capable of reading minds and are able to determine intent. :clap:

Return to “Effects”