Your fave MIDI fx, arp, mapper, mangler, generator, chorder, controller, utility. VST or MFX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bharris22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:45 pm
courtjestr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:10 am
killmaster wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:57 pm David, I believe you introduced me to this, but I was spending some time with MIDI Looper from HGSounds (which runs in Kontakt) and I'm really amazed at the thought and depth of this instrument. It is just so good. If you haven't checked it out yet, I recommend you do. Though I think the site is down for maintenance right now. https://hgsounds.com/

Hope it will be back up soon. Andy Medforth has created some of my very favorite instruments and really hoping he can get things back up and running!
I love HGSounds' stuff. I have participated in a couple of group buys, and bought some of his other stuff outside of the group buys. The website has been down for a while now. The security certificate for the website expired at the beginning of February and has not been renewed. There was a message from Andy last November talking about health issue I think but nothing since then. It would be wonderful to have him back.
Is it possible that HG Sounds just came back up? I have been trying it for days (and tried again earlier this morning) because I wanted to access my account to download the products, and all of a sudden it seems to be working again :).
It does look like it is operational again, however https: still has problems with the certificate. But it is encouraging that the site is no longer under maintenance.

Raddler1 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:46 pm Any news on Melodology Pro ArpSeq ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxDNpq_ ... yvN4AaABAg
Expected in April; dev told me it's much changed since that video:

It's come a long way since the video was made, with a full blown browser, a 32 step toggle mode (16/32), a trigger bank editor is in development (you mentioned this in your YT comment) and the top global knobs will be automatable.

A few tweaks here and there to make it more flexible and user friendly and one exciting feature will be importing midi into the Sequencer to create a preset, quantised to the global step value.

I have access, and downloaded all of my previous purchases earlier today. Here is what I see:
3-9-2021 3-49-31 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Glad you have access! I'm in eastern US and this is what I see. Probably temporary!
Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 3.53.27 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

killmaster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:55 pm Glad you have access! I'm in eastern US and this is what I see. Probably temporary!

You can add an exception and continue onto the site. At least you can in Chrome.

courtjestr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:55 pm Glad you have access! I'm in eastern US and this is what I see. Probably temporary!

You can add an exception and continue onto the site. At least you can in Chrome.
I'm in Chrome and that's what I usually do but this option is not available now for me.

Well, I can wait, as I'm reasonably sure I have all my downloads; great news! And I'll also post a link to that MIDI Looper vid:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmT6BmT0A_A&t=354s

killmaster wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:10 pm
courtjestr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:03 pm

I'm in Chrome and that's what I usually do but this option is not available now for me.
You probably have enhanced protection turned on.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 am
David wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:59 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 am <snip>
I like the “midi manipulation” I believe is in the Composition tab. I understand that RC has more features but it is the midi Variations I see in the video that I am most interested in at least for the moment.

I do wonder what other plugin/stand-alone has as similar capability.
<snip>
Me, too! Haven't ever found anything even really similar.
Oh, too bad.

<snip>
I'll correct my earlier answer about plugins with similar variation-producing powers to those in RC:
I haven't found anything with very similar variations, but there are a few others that offer different yet still extensive variation powers using existing MIDI, such the HGSounds MIDI looper currently being discussed, and the reMIDI MIDI sampler, discussed here a few weeks ago.

I expect the original question was about getting some of the same effects in RC without having to wait for a sale or spend so much. Sorry, still "no" to that (hope I've missed something!). But these two other much less costly options are almost as powerful and lots of fun, plus much simpler and more real-time than RC. I find all three to be essentials, in MY MIDI-FX library, anyway:)

Now that it's back up and running, I will probably pick Midi Looper up this week :).

I see this was just released for Reason - looks like it's right up my alley :):

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... odramatik/

courtjestr wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:33 pm You probably have enhanced protection turned on.
Hmmm, it's turned off completely and still no luck. Odd thing is that it works fine on my iPad! I'm sure it's just a matter of time and sorting out all the certificates requirements. maybe.

bharris22 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:32 pm I see this was just released for Reason - looks like it's right up my alley :):

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... odramatik/
Feature wise it looks good but the music produced did not inspire me.
Edit: Ok, I am sure it can produce some very interesting music!

Introduction price until April!"
I assume it means till the end of April, like April 30th.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

For Reason, picked up the new variant of Melodic Inverter named MeloDramatik and it's a lot of fun.
Only £19 until April 1st. They've hidden the bloody shop since they brought out the cloud sub though. :(

Launched the Reason DAW for first time in ages, mainly use Rack now, and realised you can make a half decent ambient track after just connecting up a few players and effects - absolutely no talent needed! :)

Quad Note Generator -->
MeloDramatik -->
Dual Arpeggiator -->
ID8 -->
Alligator -->
Scream 4 -->
Unison -->
Phaser -->
Delay -->
Compressor -->
Echo -->
Echo -->
Stereo Imager

Once going just trot through changing things occasionally like the ID8 patch, player settings etc.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

David wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:44 pm
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:23 am
David wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:59 am
Kalamata Kid wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:45 am <snip>
I like the “midi manipulation” I believe is in the Composition tab. I understand that RC has more features but it is the midi Variations I see in the video that I am most interested in at least for the moment.

I do wonder what other plugin/stand-alone has as similar capability.
<snip>
Me, too! Haven't ever found anything even really similar.
Oh, too bad.

<snip>
I'll correct my earlier answer about plugins with similar variation-producing powers to those in RC:
I haven't found anything with very similar variations, but there are a few others that offer different yet still extensive variation powers using existing MIDI, such the HGSounds MIDI looper currently being discussed, and the reMIDI MIDI sampler, discussed here a few weeks ago.

I expect the original question was about getting some of the same effects in RC without having to wait for a sale or spend so much. Sorry, still "no" to that (hope I've missed something!). But these two other much less costly options are almost as powerful and lots of fun, plus much simpler and more real-time than RC. I find all three to be essentials, in MY MIDI-FX library, anyway:)
David,
I was very impressed with your Rapid Composer video! Yes they do have occasional -40% sales so I will wait this out. I looked at reMIDI and Midi Looper but the RC has the extra power I like. There is always the (small) possibility that the RC feature set will be included in Loomer Architect.

To all others here it the video it you missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFFyu22Qjz0

Return to “Effects”