VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:54 am
martinjuenke wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:31 pm
mcnelson wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:13 pm Don't forget Venomode Pivot:
https://venomode.com/pivot
Well, yes, that's a beast!
At first when I read your comment I thought it was exaggerated rhetoric, because how could a tilt EQ be a "beast". But it was also and intriguing comment so I tried the demo. Iended up buying it. I see what you mean, it is a beast! And it's aptly named, Pivot - its much more than a tilt EQ and it really does allow the audio to be "pivoted" around the centre in more ways than just tone bending like a typical tilt. amazing. a beast!
Glad that you share my view. Just an example why I'm impressed: The M/S was requested in a post earlier on - here it is...

There is an interesting EQ that I don't think it has been mentioned here. It's the Audified RZ062. It's not purely a tilt, but rather a tilt control between two bell bands (a high and a low one). The middle band on EQ "a" (there are two eqs, a model "a" with a tilt mid eq, and a model "b" with presence control in the mid range instead) "rotates the entire frequency curve by a medium frequency (650 Hz), i.e.. when the bass frequencies are raised, the treble are simultaneously lowered and vice versa." (from the manual). So, basically, you set the low EQ band however you want as a bell curve, then the high freq band as a bell curve, and then you play with the middle freq band as a tilt between both bells. It's also a very sweet EQ with very rich harmonic content. I have abused this one on many occasions.
Also, as per the comments of the OP, both the Sonimus and the Softube tilt eq have practically the exactly the same curves (when the softube's shape is on "tilt"; when it's on "loud" it's a different story: it's either a smiley face or a pseudo-band pass), so I am unsure what it is that attracts you to the softube one or makes you dislike the sonimus one... also I haven't been able to find any differences between the softube tilt and the tilt live besides that the gain on the live one only goes about 2/2.5 dB while the regular tilt's gain goes to +/- 6 dB... anyway, for whatever's worth.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

also I haven't been able to find any differences between the softube tilt and the tilt live besides that the gain on the live one only goes about 2/2.5 dB while the regular tilt's gain goes to +/- 6 dB...
Softube Tilt Live doesn't have harmonic distortion/preamp emulation.

Return to “Effects”