Fuse Audio Labs releases the VQP-Bundle - Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VQP-Bundle Vintage Passive EQ/Filters

Burillo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:54 pm ...that said, Black Rooster Audio has a 73 preamp, which i believe was coded by the developer from Fuse, so there's that :)

oh, and yes, Fuse's Telefunken is a V376 (solid-state), not V76 (tube). so, just about the only comparison with Arturia that you could make is Arturia's 1973 preamp vs. BRA VPRE-73. both have demos, so... why are you asking us? :)
You are right, i would like demo myself but on the Fuse Audio Labs Site don't see this option.

waldemarjohann wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:06 pm
Burillo wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:54 pm ...that said, Black Rooster Audio has a 73 preamp, which i believe was coded by the developer from Fuse, so there's that :)

oh, and yes, Fuse's Telefunken is a V376 (solid-state), not V76 (tube). so, just about the only comparison with Arturia that you could make is Arturia's 1973 preamp vs. BRA VPRE-73. both have demos, so... why are you asking us? :)
You are right, i would like demo myself but on the Fuse Audio Labs Site don't see this option.
Each Fuse product has a demo. Click on the Product Details page for each product, and there's download buttons on the right.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:11 pm
waldemarjohann wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:06 pm

Each Fuse product has a demo. Click on the Product Details page for each product, and there's download buttons on the right.
The problem sit in front of the computer. You are right ;-)

Glad you found them!

Aloysius wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:58 pm You could have two gui faces. The original hardware modeled EQ and a more advanced tweakers version EQ with more steps etc.
+1 to make purists AND tweakers happy :)

I'm sure you wouldn't notice a 70hz high pass on a Beatles record but today we have sub bass and electronic music and stuff.

I take back what I said in this post. You can see my original post a few posts forward. I was making a point that the filters on this product are not that useful. I reconsidered this opinion and posted more recently with my retraction. I also bought it as penance. :) I am sure I will find a use for it. Fuse Audio products do sound nice!
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Used both of these all over a forthcoming electro swing release. The filters especially worked an absolute treat in that application. Thanks very much! :)

i have heard tonnes of people talk about 'musical eq' and a '3d effect' before, but this is the first time i've actually heard it.

using the low-pass in the 259A to cut the low end out of things simultaneously makes them seem to sing, and sort of … "float in space" in a way I have never heard before. It is a wonderful sound.

I don't often leave comments like this, but I am incredibly happy with whatever it is that this thing does.

FREE GUI UPDATE & 50% OFF THE VQP-BUNDLE

Enjoy a new GUI added to the VQP-Bundle plugins and get 50% off for only $24.50 ($49 regular) until November 21st (12PM CET).

Use the following voucher during checkout: KZIV-ALKC-5VQB

NOTE: Existing users can just download and install the new update and enjoy the GUI improvements.

Wow that looks great!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

plexuss wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:06 pm I think this is that issue of "faithful reproduction" vs "useful tool" argument. I've stopped trying to convince devs to use user experience best practices in their products - most have rationale that is weak or down right wrong when it comes to the idea of moving beyond a "classic" design and providing features that will make the design easier to use.

The idea to keep a software product constrained by the premise of a faithful reproduction and not expand the functionality to make the tool more useful is a lost opportunity for the dev and the users.

The lack of HPF selections lower than 70Hz and lack of smooth controls is going to keep me away from this product. Thanks for the "faithful reproduction" but I am a working musician, not a museum. :phones:
I agree. 70hz as a starting point for a highpass filter is practically useless for most of the important elements in modern music. i really appreciate Xhip's RC Filter as that can start from just a point above DC, and why this is the only filter plugin i know of that can go that low a long with The Drop has puzzled me for ages.i find even 10hz as a starting point to be limiting for bass sounds and masters sometimes. hardly ever find myself using highpass filters as high as 70hz even on things like hats, or FX sends

The option to make some of these stepped filter designs continuous via a keyboard or mouse shortcut would be very welcome as well, but as you already pointed out, these helpful revisions on the classic designs are not likely to be implemented out of some steadfast need to replicate the original, limiting factors and all
I

well there's a difference between a circuit simulation and "a couple of biquads and a waveshaper"

a digital high pass can be swept up and down continuously to any frequency with absolutely no change in the architecture but, since this is a circuit simulation, then—to get stuff lower than 70hz—he would need to, more or less, mod the original circuitry (which IS possible to do without touching the original hardware, if you don't mind a little guesswork) but to get smooth controls instead of stepped, it would have to be a different circuit altogether.

honestly, i don't use it on bass stuff, but there are plenty of things in modern music production which do not bottom out at 20hz and, having owned these two plugins for over a year now, I still find myself constantly going back to them, especially the high pass, which I really do genuinely like the sound of.

if i need surgical sub-bass cutting, i can use a Tokyo Dawn plugin for that.
Last edited by sleepcircle on Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

sleepcircle wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:55 am a digital high pass can be swept up and down continuously to any frequency with absolutely no change in the architecture but, since this is a circuit simulation, then—to get stuff lower than 70hz—he would need to, more or less, mod the original circuitry. to get smooth controls instead of stepped, it would have to be a different circuit altogether.
You make a good point. Context is important. I walk back my criticisms I expressed in an earlier post: It's definitely valid to create a software emulation of hardware that retains all constraints and limitations of that hardware. To your point, to change the original features would essentially be like modding the original hardware, in software. Then, you essentially change the context of the hardware you are emulating. There is definitely value in NOT doing this depending on the goals and aesthetics of the specific dev and their specific approach to a product.

So, I take it back. As a hardware emulation VQP is very nice and like the hardware you decide based on it's sound and it's limitations. That's the whole point of a hardware emulation! I stand corrected.

Return to “Effects”