The PA Easter deals

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

……………………………………………………………………………….
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAW75 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:46 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:37 pm
SAW75 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:34 pm The controversy is PA changing the product description and what is on offer in the middle of the sale and, personally, after I bought the plug and agreed to terms. They will never admit to this. Shady bastards.
Sorry but I don't think that's what happened - I've been looking at the Lindell products since they came out and eventually bought the modules in the sale. The modules and ChannelX (the rack with integrated modules) have always been separate products. After I bought the modules, there was an offer in my account to get ChannelX at a reduced price. It was there for a couple years until I got it too. Sorry, I think your hope is colouring your sense of facts on this. :phones:
My sense of facts? What makes you think you know better? The rack and modules have not always been separate products. So you are full of shit. Do you understand that? You are full of shit. I visited the ChannelX page everyday for over a month because I was interested in that product as well as several other PA products. When buying ChannelX all individual plugs were included. And as far as this past Saturday... I insist that for a few hours 2 of the 3 individual plugs were given with a $19 upgrade for the third, the preamp... that particular upgrade is still in my account

I am done with this thread and PA and definitely you... you like to talk but know very little.
If you mean what you write, you have to lock this thread NOW!

A quick peruse of the Wayback Machine does indicate that ChannelX was sold as a bundle originally, then it turned into a channel strip. But I'm not sure when it actually changed.

FWIW, I have the individual components but never bothered to get the Channel X rack as there didn't seem a whole lot of point. However, I have the feeling it changed more than a month ago as the old page (the last full WBM capture seems to be from 2016) says the discount for ChannelX says it should take into account all the components and I've only ever seen a discount for one component, which is what the current page says.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161223235 ... nnelx.html
Old PA website wrote:The Lindell ChannelX bundle is more than your typical bundle. While on one level it is a collection of three amazing Lindell plugins, the 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp, it also includes the ChannelX plugin shell which allows you to run all three plugins in a single insert and even change the order that they appear in the signal path. Start off with the 6X-500 preamp to add a bit of punch and color, then add some tasty vintage FET compression with the 7X-500 limiter and then dial in some sweetness with the Pultec inspired PEX-500 EQ. Nice!
It was RRPed at $249 then rather than $199.

Compare with:
Current site wrote:The Lindell ChannelX is more than just a normal channel strip.

It is a virtual collection of 3 amazing Lindell units, the 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp. They are all contained in one cool virtual 500 frame, which lets you use any or all of these modules, and you may even arrange the order of the plugins freely in the frame!
Last edited by Gamma-UT on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gamma-UT wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:09 pm A quick peruse of the Wayback Machine does indicate that ChannelX was sold as a bundle originally, when it turned into a channel strip. But I'm not sure when it actually changed.
... you are correct, I remember that. Then they split it up. Since then it has always been split up. SAW75 doesn't know what they are talking about - they are upset because what they thought they were going to get wasn't what they got because they misunderstood the product description. I'll eat my words and apologize if proof can be shown to the contrary. :dog: :phones:

……………………………………………………………………………………………….
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SAW75 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:37 pm Omfg last week it was sold as a bundle. Has anyone other than me actually visited this product page or been interested in this product at all?
Lets say you are right and at some point PA did consolidate them together. When you made the purchase, you showed us that the product page did not indicate they were bundled. That is your responsibility to check the details before you make the purchase. Unless you live in some other country where caveat emptor does not apply, let us know. Otherwise, you screwed up and it's your responsibility. I am sure PA would give you a refund if you wanted, that may be your best course of action at this point. :tu: :phones:

From the ChannelX webpage today ...
The Lindell ChannelX is more than just a normal channel strip.

It is a virtual collection of 3 amazing Lindell units, the 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp. They are all contained in one cool virtual 500 frame, which lets you use any or all of these modules, and you may even arrange the order of the plugins freely in the frame!

Start off with the 6X-500 preamp to add a bit of punch and color, then add some tasty vintage 1176-style FET compression with the 7X-500 limiter, and top it off with some Pultec inspired PEX-500 EQ. Nice!

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:42 pm From the ChannelX webpage today ...
The Lindell ChannelX is more than just a normal channel strip.

Start off with the 6X-500 preamp to add a bit of punch and color, then add some tasty vintage 1176-style FET compression with the 7X-500 limiter, and top it off with some Pultec inspired PEX-500 EQ. Nice!
And after that....
If you own one of the contained plugins already, you can upgrade at a discounted price to this full 500 frame Channel X plugin (including all 3 processors) from your User Account (automated process).
We have yet to see evidence of the individuals being bundled with the ChannelX after they were split.

Here is a page around the time when it came out that shows they were bundled originally...

Nov 2016
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/studio ... ocal-track
The Lindell ChannelX bundle is a collection of three Lindell plugins, the 7X-500 limiter, the PEX-500 EQ and the 6X-500 preamp, it also includes the ChannelX plugin shell which allows you to run all three plugins in a single insert and even change the order that they appear in the signal path.
This documents when the bundle came out around Sept 2015: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... ostcount=1
Last edited by plexuss on Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

…………………………………………………………………………………...

SAW75 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:47 pm
Can you try to get it already?
I get it. I understand too. There have been many times I've made a plugin purchase and have been disappointed. Most of the time it's because I made a mistake. In those cases I endevour to apologize to all parties I may have originally blasted.

Perhaps you can find some evidence online to back up what you are saying?

I tried, but so far nothing. I know it wont be easy.

On the bright side, the deal was pretty great for ChannelX and that effecively enables you access to all 3 tools.

And like I said, if you are unrepairably pissed you could ask for a refund.

I'd recommend just chillaxing and enjoy ChannelX - they are really nice sounding emulations! :phones:

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………….
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

All this fuss about 4 bucks? :dog:
I‘d like to have this guy‘s problems...

,...…………………………..
Last edited by SAW75 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't know if what SAW75 is true or not - but after i saw how they treated their customers over SSL Channel E metering fiasco over at GS i wouldn't be surprised at all.

I don't think this is about 4 bucks like some of you are intentionally portraying this - it's about being harmed by dishonesty.

Return to “Effects”