DSM V3 - Another PA plugin released today

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have the original version. I didn't use it much because I thought it was difficult to understand years ago. Maybe I'll have another crack at it.Besides, my master buss is getting way loaded with stuff.I won't have the processing power for the music pretty soon. lol.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:18 am
BeeDog wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:56 am I'm honestly curious about PAs strategy at the moment, pumping out so many new plug-ins in such a short time. I honestly can't see any benefits to it, since to me it'll just lead to saturation and possibly cannibalization doing it this way.
Very easy to explain IMO. They’re gearing up for a subscription model so the more they have in their portfolio the better value this method seems.
Yeah it's been rather suspicious than none of the new releases announced this month have prices on them yet ...

Never cared for V2... Thus making V3 a money saver for me.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

mcbpete wrote: none[/i] of the new releases announced this month have prices on them yet ...
They've always been doing it like this...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:21 pm
mcbpete wrote: none[/i] of the new releases announced this month have prices on them yet ...
They've always been doing it like this...
Yeah, announcing pricing at the same time as releasing the demo is not part of the NEW Plugin Alliance. :hihi:

It wasn't part of the old Plugin Alliance either - that's what I meant. Apologies if I didn't manage to make myself clear. English is not my native language after all. :neutral:

Edit: I am slow in any language - got you now. You mean this isn't part of their grand change to bettering their grandness and become the all new mighty Plugin Alliance...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 pm Haven't we already established that the plan is: release a bunch of new products at once - get people wanting multiple - announce low price subscription service?
Yep. I'm pretty confident this is what's happening.

They always released the price generally around the the time the 2 week demo expired

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:22 pm Haven't we already established that the plan is: release a bunch of new products at once - get people wanting multiple - announce low price subscription service?
But is it Evil? And if so, what expertise do you have? :hihi:

h2ogun99 wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:32 pm
Yep. I'm pretty confident this is what's happening.
yeah me too, but they need to work on a much more varied catalog for that to be attractive for me.. a whole slew of different eq's and comps isn't gonna do it for users like me. I need a few to represent all of the main flavors... but not everything. They'll need to add more creative fx, more synths etc..

This one is quite an interesting effect, but I can't think of a real use case for me as a musician.

Not paying 200 bucks to "upgrade" to a version of the plugin that actually works. I don't hate PA but this is a pretty lame move, leaving v2 of the plugin essentially broken. What a waste of money.

Hez wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:01 am Not paying 200 bucks to "upgrade" to a version of the plugin that actually works. I don't hate PA but this is a pretty lame move, leaving v2 of the plugin essentially broken. What a waste of money.
No special upgrade price for V2 owners? :o :roll: :dog:

martinjuenke wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:02 am
Hez wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:01 am Not paying 200 bucks to "upgrade" to a version of the plugin that actually works. I don't hate PA but this is a pretty lame move, leaving v2 of the plugin essentially broken. What a waste of money.
Of course there is, it's $49 but monthly voucher brings it down to $24 so not "that" expensive an upgrade, but still a bitter pill to swallow as V2 really should have had the most obvious bugs fixed before making V3

Digivolt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 am
Of course there is, it's $49 but monthly voucher brings it down to $24 so not "that" expensive an upgrade, but still a bitter pill to swallow as V2 really should have had the most obvious bugs fixed before making V3
Oh really? I couldn't see that discount anywhere in the slew of marketing emails, I'll have another look. 50 bucks is bearable if the new features are cool I guess...

Hez wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:07 am
Digivolt wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:06 am
Oh really? I couldn't see that discount anywhere in the slew of marketing emails, I'll have another look. 50 bucks is bearable if the new features are cool I guess...
Loon to your account the upgrade price is there

Return to “Effects”