Best Plugins in Izotope Catalog

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

simmo75 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:23 am The Exponential Audio reverbs are truly excellent.
Was using it last night. Great stuff...

jochicago wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:00 am
metaside wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:13 am
MogwaiBoy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:33 am dynamic EQ in Neutron 2 (which I reach for over Pro-Q3 even).
Why that if I may ask out of pure curiosity? Specifically for the dynamic aspects? I never looked back at iZo EQs after getting Pro-Q2...
Also curious on this. One of the things that annoys me the most from Izotope strips is the dynamic eq. I don't get them. None of it makes nice clean sense, the threshold, the amount, the way you have to place it to make it work. When it kicks in and by how much. Personally I would describe it as the worst dynamic eq I have ever tried to use. So really curious how you use it because I feel I'm missing something.
I know what you guys mean. It seems counter-intuitive, the way the Threshold is so fiddly to set, the way you ask it to pull -20db but it only pulls -5, etc etc. There's just something about it that works for me... probably only because I got so used to it before Pro-Q3 came out and y'know about habits : )

mixtur.se wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:28 pm I don’t have anything that could replace rx7, it’s magical.
What are you most common use cases for RX7?

jochicago wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:00 amo curious on this. One of the things that annoys me the most from Izotope strips is the dynamic eq. I don't get them. None of it makes nice clean sense, the threshold, the amount, the way you have to place it to make it work. When it kicks in and by how much. Personally I would describe it as the worst dynamic eq I have ever tried to use. So really curious how you use it because I feel I'm missing something.

Threshold = point where it starts to work.
Value set (e.g. -6 dB) = maximum amount of correction.

It's a great dynamiq eq and really easy to use.

don't forget Vinyl for it's essential "tape-stop" and dirty-record-groove-sound EFX !
the Mobius filter is kinda fun on a bass line

I also sparingly use RX7, Nectar, StutterEdit, Trash & an older v.5 of Ozone that get's rare work around my studio
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler

Say again?

Moebius Filter:

Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler
Voice Doubler

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:45 am I really don't understand the point of the question. Surely the tool (ie, reverb, stutter effect, etc.) is more important than listing stuff from a single brand.

Do you need noise reduction or compression? Or you're just interested in spending money?
yeah but now people will only name every izotope plugin instead of every plugin in existence. :hihi:
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Stuttuttuttuttutter Edededededit....

I use Ozone, currently O9 Standard, to master all tracks and I'm happy with the results. The modules sound fine to me, and the AI assist features are useful to an amateur like me. I use them as starting points rather than just being lazy and accepting the defaults.

I also got Neutron Elements for free and use it as a basic channel strip sometimes. The EQ assist feature is nice for detecting unpleasant resonances without using the manual sweep-and-weep technique.

The free Stereo Imager is great if you don't have a better paid stereo imaging plugin. It's a bit of a shame it doesn't give you individual control over 2-3 bands, but then I guess it wouldn't have been free.

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:21 am Stutter Edit is the best in what it does, if you're into EDM stuff. It's just right and lets to dial great FX withing seconds.
I gotta give stutter edit a more thorough look after reading this. I have it but never liked the interface and prefer things with more straightforward “this mseg to this parameter” style workflows, like Gross Beat or Glitch Bitch. Also Permut8 is phenomenal and often overlooked for glitchy buffer/broken sounding effects. But I digress.

I still think Trash 2 is one of the better sound design oriented distortion plugins. Adding a convolver was a great choice IMO

TR@shh"=#:;…………´……ˋ…-

Return to “Effects”