Amplitube 5 Wishlist

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

amplitubee engine is BASSY as heck and very muddy. I've used revalver, bias, overloud, guitar rig, eleven, and they all sound like theyre supposed straight plugged in. Amplitube always sounded incredibly muddy to me. Revamp the audio engine.

:dog: The unpurchased presets at least could have the text
displayed in some distinguishing color.
It's like there is some really evil beancounter at IK,
probably posing as 'Mr. Nice Guy', himself, but who consistantly
gets inexplicable issues embedded somewhere in their otherwise
excellent products. Like a mole with an accounting degree :dog:

I've never noticed 'bassy' when using A3/A4 :?

I want ONE thing, an easy way to use the current configuration in Stereo, without having to select the 2nd signal path + copy and paste all the elements, and then doing it again whenever you change something that want on both channels

A simple MIDI learn system to connect with a hardware controller. Same with TRacks and Lurssen. Why they can’t do this is beyond me, is it just laziness or lack of interest?
Even the plugins often have user elements which don’t show up in the DAW mapping system and are not automatable.

The ability to use T-Rack modules you have in your account as rack gear in Amplitube 5 SE.

I have Amplitube SE and managed to grab most of the other amps, etc in a Group Buy.

I'm a bit miffed about the T-Racks gear I have in my account, but have to pay extra for the Amplitube rack version, e.g Black 76 which is in my account, but have to pay again to have use the Amplitube 5 SE rack version. :x

I have most of the T-Rack modules, with the exception of the latest cassette tapes and reverbs, and would have to pay again, they should be made available if they are in your T-Racks account.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

tappert wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:55 am Hi,

These are the new things I'd like to see in the next version. I know it's not going to happen but
what do you think about it?

1) resizable UI
2) Preset exchange (think it was there in Amplitube3
3) Updated Fender Collection 1 and all the older stuff
4) AI powered audio engine (just kidding :hihi:)
Look at you! All your dreams came true. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

After a long hiatus, I switched back to Amplitube 5. I honestly feel like it is the best sounding software amp plugin and easily as good sounding as my AxeFX. I was actually surprised. I’d even say that the IK models seem to capture the character better than the Fractal models. I put it up against the competition and it won handily.

But it could be better. It seems like in some ways, it’s gone down hill. Here’s what I’d like to see.

I miss the noise gate being in the bottom tray. There’s plenty of room there. Maybe it looks cleaner, but for such a basic thing it should be part of the main UI.

Double clicking buttons should reset them to default.

Undo/redo and compare buttons.

Interactive information pop up. When mousing over or clicking on an “i” icon, you should be able to bring up a blurb about the gear in the tray. A click should bring up a mini manual on that particular thing.

Help button to bring up manual.

Preview button, like Tonex.

Clean up Tonex implementation. UI wise, it’s a mess.

Plugin hosting. Sometimes I want something better or more feature rich than their effects. Sometimes I want it somewhere inside the chain, not just in front or after the plugin.

Ampeg guitar amps. You’d think by their offerings that Ampeg only makes bass amps, but their guitar amps are really great as well. I’d love their Reverbrocket and SS160sc modeled.

Anyway, those are the thoughts I had while going though it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 pm After a long hiatus, I switched back to Amplitube 5. I honestly feel like it is the best sounding software amp plugin and easily as good sounding as my AxeFX. I was actually surprised. I’d even say that the IK models seem to capture the character better than the Fractal models. I put it up against the competition and it won handily.
There are multiple generations of Algo Modelling inside AT5 and Overloud TH-U gets overlooked. The algo modelling in Kazrog Ampcraft 1992 and TH-U RockGuy are the current standard. Also UAFX AMP sims running on ARM DSP hold up well in A/B with hardware tube AMPS.

- Overloud TH-U RockGuy (2022-02-01)
IK Multimedia Amplitube MESA/Boogie 2 (2021-12-09)
IK Multimedia Amplitube 5 (2020-12-21)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Joe Satriani (2020-07-09)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Brain May (2019-08-22)
- Overloud TH-U (2019-01-24)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Dimebag Darrell CFH (2018-11-21)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Slash 1.5 Update (2018-10-07)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Leslie (2018-03-22)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Ampeg SVX 2 (2017-09-06)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Fender 2 (2016-12-22)
- Overloud TH-3 (2015-11-23)
IK Multimedia Amplitube 4 (2015-09-15)
IK Multimedia Amplitube MESA/Boogie (2015-07-15)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Fulltone (2013-08-19)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Orange (2013-02-26)
- Overloud Mark Studio 2 (2012-05-28)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Jimi Hendrix Anniversary Edition Update (2013-02-07)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Slash (2012-06-14)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Fender (2009-03-12)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Metal (2008-05-13)
- Overloud TH-1 (2008-01-19)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Jimi Hendrix (2007-05-02)
IK Multimedia Amplitube Ampeg SVX (2005-01-23)
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 pm I miss the noise gate being in the bottom tray. There’s plenty of room there. Maybe it looks cleaner, but for such a basic thing it should be part of the main UI.
Nah. There are no less than 4 different noise gate pedals in AmpliTube 5. The generic "Noise Gate" pedal is identical to the old built-in noise gate. By making it a pedal instead, you can place it at any point in the stomp chain, or use a different noise gate pedal altogether. I find a combination of the Slash Smart Gate model, Dimebag Hush model, and the basic noise gate used in series with pretty gentle settings each can eliminate all the noise with very little impact on tone and sustain. But you need to experiment with settings and the order of all three. Of course the best results right now are going to be something like Acon Digital DeNoise. However, I expect sooner or later the global noise gate will return. But when it does, it will be powered by machine learning.
zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 pm Clean up Tonex implementation. UI wise, it’s a mess.
Oh God yes. For starters, the TONEX preset menu ought to cover up the amp rig signal path instead of the TONEX amp interface. What a terrible design choice! It's impossible to tweak the amp settings while you audition Tone Models, right now. Also, TONEX has much more limited functionality when using it inside AmpliTube.
zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 pm Ampeg guitar amps. You’d think by their offerings that Ampeg only makes bass amps, but their guitar amps are really great as well. I’d love their Reverbrocket and SS160sc modeled.
Well that's not going to happen since Ampeg flaked out on IK for Brainworx. Personally, I always wanted to see an Ampeg VL-503.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

I wish they could make the signal chain box at the bottom collapsible or something.

jamcat wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:03 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 pm I miss the noise gate being in the bottom tray. There’s plenty of room there. Maybe it looks cleaner, but for such a basic thing it should be part of the main UI.
Nah. There are no less than 4 different noise gate pedals in AmpliTube 5. The generic "Noise Gate" pedal is identical to the old built-in noise gate. By making it a pedal instead, you can place it at any point in the stomp chain, or use a different noise gate pedal altogether. I find a combination of the Slash Smart Gate model, Dimebag Hush model, and the basic noise gate used in series with pretty gentle settings each can eliminate all the noise with very little impact on tone and sustain. But you need to experiment with settings and the order of all three. Of course the best results right now are going to be something like Acon Digital DeNoise. However, I expect sooner or later the global noise gate will return. But when it does, it will be powered by machine learning.
Oh, definitely keep the pedals forms, but also just have the bottom tray one as a utility that’s just always there.
Well that's not going to happen since Ampeg flaked out on IK for Brainworx. Personally, I always wanted to see an Ampeg VL-503.
Yeah, so many good amps from that era of Ampeg. I didn’t know they went exclusively with Brainworx, though I must admit I respect their modeling too.
Zerocrossing Media

zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:21 pm

These are the new things I'd like to see in the next version. I know it's not going to happen but

1) resizable UI
Almost :D The last two are only available if you purchase ToneX

A stripped down version with about 80% less amps, effects, cabs and presets, smaller and more user friendly gui and less cpu. Imo about 80% of the presets are simply bad. Focus just on the good things.
Quantity is not automatically quality and slows down workflow.
I would also like to see two different versions: a humbucker and a single coil version, maybe in addition a clean and a high gain version.
This way they could offer more and optimized plugins and also make more money.

tappert wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 7:58 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 2:21 pm

1) resizable UI
Almost :D The last two are only available if you purchase ToneX
There are the free ones. I went for the full she’bang. I won’t be denied. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

cut all the 'online shop' crap and make it clear which presets you do own.

Return to “Effects”