PA AMEK EQ 200 Mastering Equalizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TIMT wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:51 pm The only other decent developer who does the analog modelling at PA is whoever is behind LSR Audio.their 80 series wasn't too bad .it has the TMT crap but you can bypass most of it.the THD doesn't seem to be just a hard clipper either and is incredibly non-linear and program dependent
Do you mean Lindell Audio?

Nice looking GUI, props to that. I don't like spending a lot of money though.

TIMT wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:51 pm The only other decent developer who does the analog modelling at PA is whoever is behind LSR Audio.their 80 series wasn't too bad .it has the TMT crap but you can bypass most of it.the THD doesn't seem to be just a hard clipper either and is incredibly non-linear and program dependent

This though is literally just a hard clipper.it doesn't alias from the tiny amount of time i spent with it,but it seems to be just a hard clipper with its mix somewhat restricted.it has zero impedance sensitvity at any frequency which even for mastering gear is bizarre and highly unlikely.

That is probably adding to the softness but even driving the plugin really quietly there's still something overly smeary and smooth about the EQ itself
ah... i was wondering why the shaping looks a bit different, iguess it's not 100% mix unlike the THD on all other BX plugins (2098, almost all consoles and few else i tried)

Do I have to buy one for each track like with hardware?

Kaboom75 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:02 pm Do I have to buy one for each track like with hardware?
don't give them ideas

Is Plugin Alliance totally oblivious to the current global economic climate ?

$349.00 for an EQ ? They have lost their damn minds.

Like others have said....waiting on the $49 sale.... :lol:

I find Plugin Alliance's tactics repulsive. :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:02 pm
Do you mean Lindell Audio?
I think the Lindell stuff at PA is developed by LSR Audio - and the Lindell 80 series is the only "console" from PA that actually oversamples. LSR are quite underated and make some pretty cool stuff themselves:

This though is literally just a hard clipper.it doesn't alias from the tiny amount of time i spent with it,but it seems to be just a hard clipper with its mix somewhat restricted.it has zero impedance sensitvity at any frequency which even for mastering gear is bizarre and highly unlikely.

That is probably adding to the softness but even driving the plugin really quietly there's still something overly smeary and smooth about the EQ itself
He is Emmanuel Dubecq or also ExNihilo in GS. Seems like a nice enough feller. Used to ask for help to GS members here and there. Now, following the usual PA workflow, releases and the patches up stuff little by little (hey at least there are fixes here and there... probably gets paid by the hour). Also did all the other lindell plugins, which I don't fully dislike but never ever use. :hihi:
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

escalona wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:46 am

He is Emmanuel Dubecq or also ExNihilo in GS. Seems like a nice enough feller. Used to ask for help to GS members here and there. Now, following the usual PA workflow, releases and the patches up stuff little by little (hey at least there are fixes here and there... probably gets paid by the hour). Also did all the other lindell plugins, which I don't fully dislike but never ever use. :hihi:
Didn't like any of the Lindell stuff based on their kit.the preamp was especially useless for me in particular,but the 80 series gets some use here.i think he did the K&H-UE100 (TE100)emulation too.i've broken that out from time to time as well

So not only is that "THD"in the GML/Sontec model hard clipping..it's crossover distortion as well or Class AB lol :lol: ...nnnnnnopes.sounds kind of cool in some gear like err tube amps,but mastering gear?naa.i'm guessing they modelled the power supply/amp stage or they f**ked up modelling the harmonics of said power supply/amp stage.have a hard time buying something as boutique as this would have even the teeniest amount of crossover distortion or use Class AB power supply/amp stage

Edit:so i looked up the power supplies for both devices and they are both class A and the power supply and transformer are external to the device themselves so they shouldn't be a part of the model.not sure why there is crossover distortion but that seems like a bit of cock up to me.its not completely eating into the waveform but its there either way.to my rather limited understanding of electronics Class A doesn't sag right so therefore no crossover distortion
I

Push the input to see how fugly it eats into the waveform :D

You guys are just too low end and won't understand high-end plugins.

Bouroki wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm You guys are just too low end and won't understand high-end plugins.
You're talking similar to my ex-wife... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teksonik wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:22 pm

$349.00 for an EQ ? They have lost their damn minds.
for that price, id want the whole alphabet!

Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:30 pm
Bouroki wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:23 pm You guys are just too low end and won't understand high-end plugins.
do you have her number?

vurt wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:38 pm
Calenberger wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:30 pm
do you have her number?
Not any longer... :D

Return to “Effects”