IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It definitely needs a master wet/dry.. or am I just blind and it is already there?
rsp
sound sculptist

Yup, all modules included, only one version, no demo modules installed...no shop, no presets you can’t use without buying more stuff...all a major plus for this new format!

....until of course the ,custom shop’ version comes out, the ‘deluxe) version with extra modules....etc.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm....until of course the ,custom shop’ version comes out, the ‘deluxe) version with extra modules....etc.
No current plans I can see for that, and I am a manager who sits in the software meeting every week.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm Yup, all modules included, only one version, no demo modules installed...no shop, no presets you can’t use without buying more stuff...
No way! It must be a bug :D

zvenx wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:00 pm It definitely needs a master wet/dry.. or am I just blind and it is already there?
rsp
Agree 100% - that would be helpful.
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:04 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm....until of course the ,custom shop’ version comes out, the ‘deluxe) version with extra modules....etc.
No current plans I can see for that, and I am a manager who sits in the software meeting every week.
That is terrific news, and makes me much more inclined to take the plunge.

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm Yup, all modules included, only one version, no demo modules installed...no shop, no presets you can’t use without buying more stuff...all a major plus for this new format!
Should have addressed this part too because I see some jaded responses already. I have stated that we're going to address the "all T-RackS processors installed" issue but it is not trivial (though some armchair programmers seem to think it is) and the fact that MixBox addresses this in its release could be seen as positive motion in that direction and fortify what I had said but... This is KVR.

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:01 pm Yup, all modules included, only one version, no demo modules installed...no shop, no presets you can’t use without buying more stuff...all a major plus for this new format!

....until of course the ,custom shop’ version comes out, the ‘deluxe) version with extra modules....etc.
We are exactly alike with this.
That is my fear too... Otherwise I might jump in.
rsp
sound sculptist

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:04 pm
ok.
Thanks.
rsp
sound sculptist

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm
Should have addressed this part too because I see some jaded responses already. I have stated that we're going to address the "all T-RackS processors installed" issue but it is not trivial (though some armchair programmers seem to think it is) and the fact that MixBox addresses this in its release could be seen as positive motion in that direction and fortify what I had said but... This is KVR.
It isn’t jaded, it’s just what has happened to all other IK products, it’s your business you can sell anyway you like 👍 Syntronic had everything in it but the Deluxe version came out soon after...what is the plan for adding new modules over time, I can’t believe it will not have more modules!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm
Well Peter it is not without precedence.
The installer has been 'being looked into' for almost ten years.....
I also believe Amplitube and probably T-RackS started as one product, then............
There are other examples too .. but really no need to go down that road further is there?

So yes from experience IK has developed a 'reputation' why some of us are skeptical.
rsp
sound sculptist

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pm I see some jaded responses already.

Why do you think they got jaded in the first place ?
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:08 pmThis is KVR.
And that is IK Multimedia....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

As an Amplitube user, I'm guessing that this is probably stereo input, which would be an improvement over using the Amplitube effects for other instruments.

I might demo - Curious if it is touch friendly like the modo products.

And I too am a bit skeptical in that I don't want another IK product that will eventually have a whole bunch of presets that I am forced to see but do not own. The Amplitube issue where the presets are selected and there is no indication until you try to laod it that you actually don't own some products needed. This has to go and I would not buy another product if I thought it might do this again.

Yep. We can be even bedroom programmers working in BASIC here and it doesn't matter. IKM worked for such reputation of bloatware installer. Now we got new Product Manager and what? It installs everything what it does before so instead solution we got even more bloatware. Not to mention that some plugins require to be activated separately in Product Manager, License Manager and Custom Shop. How many companies require 3x activation to use a plugin?

In that matter IKM reminds me NI with their "but code of our plugins is old so stop complaining". Both companies act like they're indie devs working in the basement with minimum resources to work out the solution.

Instead of complaining that "this is KVR" IKM should be glad that so many people still buy their plugins even that they're unhappy with such disadvantages.
Last edited by pixel85 on Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You can setup the inputs for stereo or mono it would seem
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Price aside, so weird to see this not part of T-Racks replacing their somewhat aging TR shell

Return to “Effects”