Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

vurt wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:23 pm yup, im no ikm fan, but insulting peter personally is bang out of order.

be better than that, then your complaints might even be listened to, insults just make everyone ignore any points you make :shrug:

hey peter, happy xmas to you and whomever you love :hug:
stay safe!

{im not anti ikm, i just prefer not to have to dl everything .. but it's my choice, i certainly don't try to encourage others not to buy)
sad that vurt has to do what the mods should be doing :roll:

yeah i like you, seem like a fun bloke from what ive heard from those who've met you at trade shows and such :)

you do go on a bit about the products, but that's your job so i expect it :hihi:
but i see no reason you deserve piling on as a person.

insulting peter
a politician and a demagogue are "insults"? ho ho ho, we need to let know folks at Congress and WH immediately. but since old Pete is running in 2024, I'll leave it to him. bugger can't be worse than Trump, I reckon. if it comes down to Peter vs Donald, I'll vote for Pete's sake, so be it.
facts that counter your opinion
my opinion? facts were presented to you by the customers. I told you already, stop attending to me and attend to people who present you with their tests and observations. why don't you talk to Burillo here? and the other guys? looks like you avoid their questions on purpose. it's not me you should be arguing with.

I just said there are all sorts of tools these days to check if a software developers tell the truth and advertises his products properly. and when he doesn't. there is no longer sweeping stuff under the carpet. when you claim your software was updated with certain features and stuff, it will be proof checked again and again if that's actually true. and it better be true, because next time people won't believe you.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:31 pmIt's not just the GUI update. Above, the comparison is to newer models in the British Collectiont that were added in v4. The legacy amps themselves were updated, more than the GUI.
But if the legacy amp models were truly “updated” then the British Tube Lead 1 would sound more like the Brit 8000 and less like a garbage disposal, since both are supposed to be JCM 800s.

Every model should sound like the real thing, but the legacy models still don’t. Really, any model that doesn’t should either be redone or removed.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Pete, I'll leave you with Burillo and jamcat fellas here. Threesome. Cool. Have fun.

Think I found a bug: I own SVX 1 and SVX 2. The Analog Chorus model from that collection does not appear in the modulation stomps. The Custom Shop says I don't own it, but then at the same time says it's included in Ampeg SVX 1 and 2. I go check my IK account and Ampeg SVX is there under My Products as is Ampeg SVX 2. I go check the Custom Shop, it says I own SVX 2, but not SVX 1. Which is wrong, I've had SVX since way back in the day. Are there still bugs with the collections not appearing? I thought these were ironed out.

Also, happy holidays!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:34 pm Think I found a bug: I own SVX 1 and SVX 2. The Analog Chorus model from that collection does not appear in the modulation stomps. The Custom Shop says I don't own it, but then at the same time says it's included in Ampeg SVX 1 and 2. I go check my IK account and Ampeg SVX is there under My Products as is Ampeg SVX 2. I go check the Custom Shop, it says I own SVX 2, but not SVX 1. Which is wrong, I've had SVX since way back in the day. Are there still bugs with the collections not appearing? I thought these were ironed out.

Also, happy holidays!
Custom shop is not showing many things I own (which is everything - in AT5), but they seem to be in my AT5, available and working.

"Restore my gear" makes no difference.
Last edited by ShawnMH on Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:13 pm The web site states clearly what was done.
superior power amp - speaker interaction to maximize their realism and feel.
It's not clear to me what this is.

Nor is Colonel Sanders recipe

zvenx wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:36 pm yes I realise the toggle exist.....
Thank you for that.
I found one patch that got away, I posted in on gearslutz already.

But Appreciate this.
The 2x12 PPC OB is an Orange cab, which has no place in a preset for the Fender Collection. It looks like it was loaded as cab 2 in a multi-cab configuration when the preset was being made, and then tucked away when the routing was changed back to a single amp/cab configuration. Even though the cab is in an inactive path, it's still hanging around in the preset. 🧐

Bingo. I went into more detail on GS with regard to that. Whoever has it should activate that and everything else in all paths in the preset and see how it sounds. I am not voting on what I think will happen, though.

imrae wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:40 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:13 pm The web site states clearly what was done.
superior power amp - speaker interaction to maximize their realism and feel.
It's not clear to me what this is.
It's probably something like level normalization by the new cab module when the signal is passed in from the amp model. What it doesn't include is updated DSP for the legacy preamps, which lack the richer harmonics of later models, particularly the 2nd, 4th, and sub harmonics.

More than simple normalizing, less than a recode from the ground up. Beyond that, it may not be the Colonel's recipe kind of secret but judging by our devs being among the most sought after in the business (a reason why they're not hamming it up on the forums directly, and why there's no credits list in the info pane...) they're not going to fully spill the beans on what goes on under the hood. You can get it for as low as $/€99.99 (plus additional discount using JamPoints) and enjoy what they've done though. :)

I already have Amplitube 4 MAX, along with a few extra collections, as well as a few other IK products like Modo Bass and Modo Drum. I went to IK's website yesterday, looking around, thinking about taking the plunge on Amplitube 5. I was going to download AT5 CS to see what that's all about. I noticed in "my products" that Amplitube 5 (not custom shop) was listed. I updated IK Product Manager and downloaded and installed Amplitube 5. It seems to have all my previous stuff and some of the new stuff as well. I haven't purchased AT5. Is this a demo version? Am I not understanding something? In IK Product Manager, for Amplitube 5, it says "installed" and "authorized". If I am not mistaken, I seem to have access to the new VIR stuff, a few new amps and pedals (unless I don't recognize them from AT4), and so on. I don't have access to the collections I didn't previously own, like Satriani, Dimebag, and so on.

Now, if I look in "my products" on the IK site, I no longer see Amplitube 5, though it is still there in IK Product Manager.

What's going on? Did I get it for free because of some bug or something? Perhaps I should have kept my mouth shut and just used it! But I really don't feel right about using something like this illegitimately.

I ended up with an IK gift too. I feel perfect.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Effects”