Brainworx bx_limiter True Peak : let's discuss

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's some fine looking GUI...

BX's "revolutionary" SOS selective oversampling technology seems to be heavily 'inspired' by the approach that Tokyo Dawn Labs has used for years in their dynamic plugins to improve fidelity and reduce the negative side effects of more generic oversampling approaches?

I rather go with the Tokyo Dawn limiter (currently 30 bucks), I don't sympathize with Plugin Alliance marketing BS (deliberately inflating the price only to discount it to make it look affordable).

Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm I've been ... doing more self-master...

Go on...? :o :wink:

I like some things made by Plugin Alliance (and its associates), I've been interested in this one since it was announced, but not on this price tag. Even with a monthly voucher (except for the 75usd one), it's costly. I'll definitely wait for any of their future sales, when it'll be much more cheaper, even if it took a while.
AMD 3500X | RAM 32GB @3200Mhz | GTX 1650 Super OC | SSD M.2 NVMe 512GB | SSD M.2 SATA 500GB | HDD SATA 2TB | Win10 x64 | AKG K92 | JBL One Series 104 | Presonus Eris Sub8 | Steinberg UR22MkII | IK Z-Tone DI | WA12 MkII | Reaper v6

I'm giving the demo a shot. Do I absolutely need it? Probably not. My go to limiters are Pro-L 2, Ozone and Voxengo Elephant. Why does anyone need more than one limiter? Short answer... they all sound different. There's no single limiter that's going to be the best fit for every single track just like there's no one EQ that works in every situation either. Pro-L 2 is usually the best fit, but having options is nice.

Absolute game changer. Di*k did it again. I put 37 instances on all tracks in all my mixes right away and now everything sounds just perfect.

Now seriously, the imbecile spends 5 years repeatedly saying something as illogical as "I'm not a fan of truepeak limiters" and now he throws this half-cooked thing with a cloud of excessive marketing bs (on the other hand completely expected) for ...how much again? (again, expected). PA, more of the same. Over and over.
“In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.”

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:06 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:10 pm I've been ... doing more self-master...

Go on...? :o :wink:
I'll let you know if I can appreciate any improvements or not compared to Stealth which is what I am most familiar with. I never pay full price for PA plugins and if it is appreciably "better" to my aging ears I'll pick it up at their next any plugin for $29.00 promotion.

escalona wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:58 pm Di*k did it again.
escalona wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:58 pm the imbecile
What's with the insults? :?

I tried it and it bogs down my system so much - FPS drops to 15 on everything everytime i open the interface... Everything just starts working sluggishly af, not only plugin interface -EVERYTHING.

All the while Melda and Voxengo and Softube and FabFilter and u-he and pretty much everything else blazes at 60fps with 10 windows open

It looks like it's sort of clipping in the low-end - it causes so much distortion it's the same as a clipper set to "soft" clipping.

Quick test against Pro-L2 and Elephant:
- Not as clean as L2 (or Elephant when in one of the clean modes)
- I prefer the dirtiness of Elephant when running juicy EL4, also because it's more easily controllable.

it's neither as flexible as either, nor as clean.

Also +1 to what escalona said.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 pm
PA/Di*k screwed around some customers back when he was mismanaging PA's sales, voucher and transfer policies. Some of us have still not forgiven him. He personally insulted me to one of his staff in an email that was accidentally cc'ed back to me. I have no use for the guy or his company. I'll take advantage of any sales I can get on products I will use but otherwise a total loss of love and commitment from some of us. YMMV
Last edited by plexuss on Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:18 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:05 pm
PA/Di*k screwed around some customers back when he was mismanaging PA's sales, voucher and transfer policies. Some of us have still not forgiven him. He personally insulted me to one of his staff in an email that was accidentally cc'ed back to me. I have no use for the guy or his company. I'll take advantage of any sales I can get on products I will use but otherwise a total loss of love and commitment from some of us.
Not only screwing everyone financially, but actually insulting people either on email (like Plexuss stated here) or publicly in the FB PA forum. In my case the expression he used was "a$$hole" when I was only commenting on some major issues with a plugin (and I believe something similar happened to Ploki here as well), so I feel rightfully compelled to use "imbecile", which by the way it´s not an insult. From the Latin "imbaculum" ("without a cane") it refers to a person with weaknesses. Maybe I should have used "Weak Di*k"...

Well, regardless of what happens in the past, this is still a pretty shitty behavior, jumping on every new Brainworx thread, trying to destroy someone else's livelihood (and spoiling the thread for everyone who visits it, and who's genuinely interested in the plugins). I know the mods here don't give a shit, but, that's still no reason, because, every adult is capable of self determination.

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:40 pm Well, regardless of what happens in the past, this is still a pretty shitty behavior, jumping on every new Brainworx thread, trying to destroy someone else's livelihood (and spoiling the thread for everyone who visits it, and who's genuinely interested in the plugins). I know the mods here don't give a shit, but, that's still no reason, because, every adult is capable of self determination.
I am happy to post positive things about companies and people that have given me a positive customer experience. PA has given me a negative customer experience and I think there are many forum users that want to hear both the positive and the negative to help with their purchase decisions. Sorry you don't appreciate the expeience we are sharing. :borg:

@escalona, @plexuss, @Ploki so will you go on like this on every Plugin Alliance, Brainworx related KVR Post for the rest of your life? We all know now for a while that you have a personal problem with Dirk Ulrich,so no need to bring that up every single time someone post something about the company. martinjuenke wanted to discuss about Brainworx bx_limiter True Peak not about Dirk Ulrich.

AGIGA wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:03 pm @escalona, @plexuss, @Ploki so will you go on like this on every Plugin Alliance, Brainworx related KVR Post for the rest of your life? We all know now for a while that you have a personal problem with Dirk Ulrich,so no need to bring that up every single time someone post something about the company. martinjuenke wanted to discuss about Brainworx bx_limiter True Peak not about Dirk Ulrich.
You can click on any of our names and then click on "Add foe" so you don't have to see or read whatever our contributions to the forum may be. Fixed.

Return to “Effects”