Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

jcredland wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:40 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:37 pm
jcredland wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:23 pm There will be a new version probably later in the year and we will add as much as we can without making it too complicated.
Does that include my question/request? "Are there any plans to add the Master Effects (ME) section Distortion effect to the actual list of effects that can be sequenced/modulated?"

I'm probably pulling the trigger on the bundle this weekend either way, but was wondering. Thanks either way :)
I’ll put it on the list to talk about in our next design session. I got talked out of putting master bypass as a sequencer row before though. It’s a real fine balance between having everything we think of as a feature and making it vaguely accessible for new or occasional users.

I’d say no promises on this one.

On the other hand dom is keen for us to have more overdrive types on the overdrive effect unit. So maybe that’d meet your needs.
Thanks - that's actually what I was trying to suggest, and sorry it wasn't clear - to have the various overdrive effect types that appear in the Master Effects to be included in the overdrive effect unit. That is very useful to me.

OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:27 pm
jcredland wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:40 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:37 pm
jcredland wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 3:23 pm There will be a new version probably later in the year and we will add as much as we can without making it too complicated.
Does that include my question/request? "Are there any plans to add the Master Effects (ME) section Distortion effect to the actual list of effects that can be sequenced/modulated?"

I'm probably pulling the trigger on the bundle this weekend either way, but was wondering. Thanks either way :)
I’ll put it on the list to talk about in our next design session. I got talked out of putting master bypass as a sequencer row before though. It’s a real fine balance between having everything we think of as a feature and making it vaguely accessible for new or occasional users.

I’d say no promises on this one.

On the other hand dom is keen for us to have more overdrive types on the overdrive effect unit. So maybe that’d meet your needs.
Thanks - that's actually what I was trying to suggest, and sorry it wasn't clear - to have the various overdrive effect types that appear in the Master Effects to be included in the overdrive effect unit. That is very useful to me.
Yep, definitely want to do that. It's on the list.

What are the prospects for independent sequence lengths for each FX? Also some means to modulate the MSEG *rate with a second LFO or sequencer to add some randomness.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:22 am What are the prospects for independent sequence lengths for each FX? Also some means to modulate the MSEG *rate with a second LFO or sequencer to add some randomness.
A few people have mentioned the idea of different sequences lengths per effect. It's an interesting idea and could lead to some interesting polyrhythmic patches, but TBH whilst it's technically possible I can't think of a nice way to implement it from the UI perspective. We have to strike a balance between power/features and keeping our software intuitive and providing a streamlined workflow for the majority of users.

If you want more features than the sequencer provides you can always route MIDI into the plugin and control the FX that way instead.

domsmart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:35 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:27 pm
Yep, definitely want to do that. It's on the list.
Great, that seals it for me, purchasing today. Thanks so much - cheers :tu:

domsmart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:49 am A few people have mentioned the idea of different sequences lengths per effect. It's an interesting idea and could lead to some interesting polyrhythmic patches, but TBH whilst it's technically possible I can't think of a nice way to implement it from the UI perspective.
Add a red dot behind the last square of each sequencer line, then let me drag the dot to the left, into a square, to mark the premature end of that sequence line? I think that would be nearly self-explanatory...

When triggering the envelopes with midi, I'm getting a trigger with note on and note off. Is this expected behavior? It would be cool if there was an option as to which triggered it, on or off.

Edited
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

domsmart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:49 am
PieBerger wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:22 am What are the prospects for independent sequence lengths for each FX? Also some means to modulate the MSEG *rate with a second LFO or sequencer to add some randomness.
A few people have mentioned the idea of different sequences lengths per effect. It's an interesting idea and could lead to some interesting polyrhythmic patches, but TBH whilst it's technically possible I can't think of a nice way to implement it from the UI perspective. We have to strike a balance between power/features and keeping our software intuitive and providing a streamlined workflow for the majority of users.

If you want more features than the sequencer provides you can always route MIDI into the plugin and control the FX that way instead.
I think Arturia Pigments has a great implementation of a sequencer that is able to do polyrhythms.

D Halgren wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm When triggering the envelopes with midi, I'm getting a trigger with note on and note off. Is this expected behavior? It would be cool if there was an option as to which triggered it, on or off.
By Jove, that's a bug! It'll be fixed shortly...

Vortifex wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:18 pm I love the look and feel of this, it's very enjoyable to use. The layout is clear and logical, easy to pick up without having to use a manual. The filters sound pretty nice to me, although I found myself wishing it had a notch filter. Seems like exactly the sort of filter a plugin like this would have.

Sometimes the curve function doesn't work as I'd expect. When you double click on a corner at the top of the saw curve it'll create a point, but when you do the same on the corner at the bottom it flattens all the other curves to the right:

infil.gif
We could look at adding a notch filter, but in the meantime you could get a similar result with an EQ filter with high Q, min gain.

Noted about the saw - looks like it adds a new saw segment but the amplitude is getting set to zero when it's near the edge.

epiphaneia wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:48 pm
domsmart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 10:49 am A few people have mentioned the idea of different sequences lengths per effect. It's an interesting idea and could lead to some interesting polyrhythmic patches, but TBH whilst it's technically possible I can't think of a nice way to implement it from the UI perspective.
Add a red dot behind the last square of each sequencer line, then let me drag the dot to the left, into a square, to mark the premature end of that sequence line? I think that would be nearly self-explanatory...
Yeah OK, perhaps this is something we could look at for a future update

domsmart wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 5:29 pm
D Halgren wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:56 pm When triggering the envelopes with midi, I'm getting a trigger with note on and note off. Is this expected behavior? It would be cool if there was an option as to which triggered it, on or off.
By Jove, that's a bug! It'll be fixed shortly...
Thanks Dom. Cheers!

Vortifex wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:18 pm I love the look and feel of this, it's very enjoyable to use. The layout is clear and logical, easy to pick up without having to use a manual. The filters sound pretty nice to me, although I found myself wishing it had a notch filter. Seems like exactly the sort of filter a plugin like this would have.

Sometimes the curve function doesn't work as I'd expect. When you double click on a corner at the top of the saw curve it'll create a point, but when you do the same on the corner at the bottom it flattens all the other curves to the right:

infil.gif
Does the EQ module in Bell mode with the gain turned all the way down not satisfy your notch filter desires? Or do you need something more aggressive.

re: the sawtooth. What's going on here is you are inserting a new point at the mouse position. The sawtooth shape starts at the new mouse position, so it's tricky to imagine how to make it behave how I think you want it to. Although I'm not sure it inserting a flat line is the most useful thing either. I'll have a little play and see if i can find a tidier behaviour.

I got two questions for the Devious people here!

1) I have all your previous products, and I see the Everything Bundle costs £59.50 which is slightly lower than the intro price. Will this upgrade cost change after the intro period is over, or does the price I'm seeing remain static?
2) When putting the upgrade into my basket, it seems the store will "trade in" my existing products. Does this mean all my existing licenses will "reset" (i.e. I'll be granted new ones), or will everything remain the same for my existing products?

Return to “Effects”