UAD Plugins.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im registering a new device next week, hoping to get a referal from someone for a free plugin.

I was wondering what to choose for the free one, i get this with the device:

EP-34 Tape Echo
Oxide Tape Recorder
UA Century Tube Channel Stri
Helios Type 69 Preamp and EQ Collection
Teletronix LA-3A Classic Leveler Collection
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection
Pultec Passive EQ Collection
Pure Plate Reverb
1176 Classic Limiter Collection
UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection

I was thinking V76 Preamp or Farchild Limiter.

Thanks for the help

Neve 88RS channel strip is amazing, as are all the UAD channel strips. We'll worth using the demo periods to test all the channel strips out.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Congrats! It depends on what you want to use it for. From these I'd say LA2A - which is very versatile and great sounding. Either of LA2A or 1176 collection probably a solid choice.

Have a think about which you may wish to buy in the future, maybe taking what saves you the most money over time is a good choice.

For me, the delays and reverbs are all excellent. The manley stuff also. The distortion in the moog filters and culture vulture are also all amazing. API 2500 and the distressor are also both great tools. These are all tools I use for mainly electronic music.

I'd say, wait for UAD sales and don't buy plug ins that you can get cheap from plug in alliance e.g. bx_digital v3 EQ.

Oh, and don't listen to the general KVR opinion - UAD are great sounding and rock solid tools. I am also happy to still save CPU that I use for other fx and for VST instruments.

kodzin wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:05 pm Im registering a new device next week, hoping to get a referal from someone for a free plugin.

I was wondering what to choose for the free one, i get this with the device:

EP-34 Tape Echo
Oxide Tape Recorder
Pure Plate Reverb

I was thinking V76 Preamp or Farchild Limiter.

Thanks for the help
Don't know what else you have elsewhere.
But for me where the UAD excels in is compressors/dynamics.

And their 175B and 176 bundle is exceptional... although if you have the 1176 you are partially there.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/comp ... ction.html

rsp
sound sculptist

Since I first put the LA2A on vocals a few years ago, I've put them on literally every vocal I ever do.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

noiseboyuk wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:18 pm Since I first put the LA2A on vocals a few years ago, I've put them on literally every vocal I ever do.
Definitely it can work wonders on a vocal. I think it's probably the most useful plug in from UAD as it is so versatile and sounds amazing.

zvenx wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:48 pm But for me where the UAD excels in is compressors/dynamics.

And their 175B and 176 bundle is exceptional... although if you have the 1176 you are partially there.

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/comp ... ction.html

rsp
I think if starting from scratch it's really worth taking your time demoing and trying to settle on just a few compressors - there are so many if you let yourself go down the worm hole!

I only briefly tried these 175/176, as I really don't need any more compressors, but it turned a nice but harsh edged hi hat into basically the perfect hi hat sound - all silky and smooth... Quite a 'wow' moment in how it transformed it.

but so many other good ones too....

If you're going to invest in UAD, I would say go for something that's unique for the platform, rather than any of the tools like Fairchilds, Pultecs, LA2As, 1176s which are modelled to death by everyone and their developer's mother.

UA's versions of those are good for sure, but not unique. However, there are plenty of plugins on the UAD platform that *are* unqiue, and can't really be got elsewhere natively. That's what I'd recommend.

I'm not going to tell you what you should buy though, as I have no idea of your needs, tastes or music...

That's a fair point to go for unique plug ins, and I'd say get anything from plug in alliance native if you can rather than on UAD, it'll be cheaper and not.

That said, I'm really happy to have UAD do the heavy lifting for the mixing phase, including LA2As. Means I can still run heavy VSTis at that phase and not need to always bounce down.

My 2c is that most of those are amazing plugins, but if I *HAD* to choose I'd pick the LA2A!

Maybe iyou didnt understand me, i get this plugins already for free with the device:EP-34 Tape Echo
Oxide Tape Recorder
Pure Plate Reverb

I CAN choose 1 more free from this: https://www.uaudio.com/refer/

i was thinking Fairchild or is there something better in there ?

And to mention, i mostly work with hip hop, rap, trap, rnb male vocalist and female Spanish female singer

you can only choose one? I’d choose Pultec or 1176

He is Already getting the Pultec and 1176 :)
(Oxide Tape Recorder
Pure Plate Reverb
UA 610 Tube Preamp & EQ Collection)
, he is asking for advice on one in addition to his list.

My recommendation of the 176 isn't on the list in the link, so yes I would get the Fairchild.

rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks, yeah Fairchild and V76 Preamp Seem to be the best Option on the link.

Return to “Effects”