Cableguys NoiseShaper: The Dynamic Noise Designer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
NoiseShaper ShaperBox

evo2slo wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 am (..)
Don’t forget about lowly MidiShaper! Could easily be part of ShaperBox? Thanks again for all the useful tools.
I hope they do continue to develop MidiShaper. I use it all the time in Cubase like I'm some kind of Bitwig freak (it's routed to my quick controls)
That's what I hope as well. MIDIShaper is great tool because it can be routed to anything.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Timfonie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:19 pm
evo2slo wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:56 pm
vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 am (..)
Don’t forget about lowly MidiShaper! Could easily be part of ShaperBox? Thanks again for all the useful tools.
I hope they do continue to develop MidiShaper. I use it all the time in Cubase like I'm some kind of Bitwig freak (it's routed to my quick controls)
That's what I hope as well. MIDIShaper is great tool because it can be routed to anything.
Let's see..

Enjoying the new addition to ShaperBox 2. Thanks Cableguys :tu:

OzoneJunkie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:01 pm The idea is to have a separate installer, either one with everything (plugins and samples) or two (one for plugins and another for samples). Pretty common thing. I think the samples come in at 140mb anyway.

We can always just zip the samples ourselves for future installs, and make sure to note where they go. But again I'd prefer an installation package for them.
We've had quite a lot of installations for ShaperBox 2.4 / NoiseShaper now, but hardly anyone requested separate noise file download (not saying it does not happen, but numbers are super-low). For us, it's much easier to keep it the way it is.

Can I at least copy the noise samples from an online machine to an offline one?

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:12 pm
OzoneJunkie wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:01 pm The idea is to have a separate installer, either one with everything (plugins and samples) or two (one for plugins and another for samples). Pretty common thing. I think the samples come in at 140mb anyway.

We can always just zip the samples ourselves for future installs, and make sure to note where they go. But again I'd prefer an installation package for them.
We've had quite a lot of installations for ShaperBox 2.4 / NoiseShaper now, but hardly anyone requested separate noise file download (not saying it does not happen, but numbers are super-low). For us, it's much easier to keep it the way it is.
I understand. Thanks for the reply. I try to buy plugins that don't require the internet for installation
(and activation, for that matter) as a general rule, so I expressed my preference. Anyway, I'll just create the package/zip myself for future installs.

The winner for the "Guess the Shaper" giveaway has been drawn – congratulations to mellotronaut! Please send me a DM with your email address and we'll set you up with your full ShaperBox 2 Bundle :party:

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:47 pm The winner for the "Guess the Shaper" giveaway has been drawn – congratulations to mellotronaut!
FAKE NEWS!!! Rigged election!!! :x

:hihi: Congrats mellotronaut! :clap:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Just gotta say - of all the shapers in Shaperbox I now use Noiseshaper the most! :tu:
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Quick update: For some users, downloading the noise files and presets did not work with old versions of macOS. We've just changed our SSL certificate provider, and all file issues with old macOS versions should be solved now.

And we've just released ShaperBox 2.4.2 with two small fixes, plus NoiseShaper's user noise folder can now be opened directly via a Main Menu entry.

Thanks Jakob, ShaperBox has really matured into a versatile, time-saving Swiss Army knife for my workflow. I would love to see it expanded with the addition of creative new effects or shapers that are fresh and innovative, but still fit in the context of ShaperBox as a whole. I’m looking forward to seeing what your team has planned for the future.

e@rs wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:53 pm Can I at least copy the noise samples from an online machine to an offline one?
I tried without success. The offline ShaperBox sees the files, but doesn't load them. Apparently they use some sort of encryption, as no application recognize these .wav files. :?

Not cool, Cableguys, not cool at all! :(

e@rs wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:02 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:53 pm Can I at least copy the noise samples from an online machine to an offline one?
I tried without success. The offline ShaperBox sees the files, but doesn't load them. Apparently they use some sort of encryption, as no application recognize these .wav files. :?

Oh, sorry that I forgot to answer. So yes indeed, it's not possible to copy them from another computer.

Wish I could take that as lightly as you...

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:01 pm
e@rs wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:02 pm

Oh, sorry that I forgot to answer. So yes indeed, it's not possible to copy them from another computer.
In the light of that, can we please get an offline installer for the noise/wave files? You've essentially made Shaperbox require an internet connection for full installation with this new change - something I personally make all efforts to avoid - I don't purchase software, in most cases, that require such things.

Return to “Effects”