IK Multimedia announces T-⁠RackS FAME Studio Reverb - Intro & special pricing available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ShawnG wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:41 pm I triple dog dare you to sample Headley Grange through the equipment that would have been in the Rolling Stones' Truck... That would be epic.
That would be a Helios console.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Uncle E wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:47 pm
ShawnG wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:41 pm What's next? RCA studio B in Nashville? Ocean Way? I'd love Abbey Road of course, but that might be a license too far. What other famous studios are out there still in business? I triple dog dare you to sample Headley Grange through the equipment that would have been in the Rolling Stones' Truck... That would be epic. or the house in France where the Stones did exile...
Has anyone done the stairwell where "When the Levee Breaks" was recorded?
Or the open elevator shaft in the Columbia office building where the snare for "The Boxer" was recorded?

It's out with T-Racks 5.80

I'm not on an M1 mac at the moment, can anybody confirm if T-Racks 5.8 is Universal?

EDIT: I think that T-Racks 5.80 is still Intel only.

T-RackS runs well on M1 Macs, but it is not M1 Native. Runs via Rosetta at this time.

Does the 5.8 update finally add the missing emphasis control to the White 2A?

Or preamp modeling to the British Channel / White Channel?

jamcat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm Does the 5.8 update finally add the missing emphasis control to the White 2A?

I don't see those mentioned in the release notes, so you would want to reply to any ticket you have open about those issues/feature requests for a status.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:38 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:34 pm Does the 5.8 update finally add the missing emphasis control to the White 2A?

I don't see those mentioned in the release notes, so you would want to reply to any ticket you have open about those issues/feature requests for a status.
OK.

I just compared the SSL preamp modeling in FAME's Studio B (DRY SOLO) to Waves EV2, and they're really close, practically indistinguishable, which they should be, since it's the same preamp.

So if IK would just add that preamp modeling to the Brit Channel, it would get IK back in the game, as the Brit Channel has fallen behind Waves, UAD, and bx SSL models at this point.

As for the White Channel, that would need different preamp modeling, or no preamp modeling since the 9000 is so clean. Though I am curious why the White Channel has a black/brown switch instead of an E/G switch.

I've found that the SOURCE POSITION in FAME is not retained when you switch rooms, then come back. This is a bit annoying and makes it harder to compare for the best room/position.

jamcat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 pm the SSL preamp modeling in FAME's Studio B (DRY SOLO)
does that mean that running audio through the dry channel in Fame only, will result in modeled preamp coloration?? SSL, Neve (Studio A and B / Modern switch) and UA (vintage switch position)??? I didn't realize.

only had a couple of minutes with it yesterday but so far I'm REALLY liking the sound. The mono ribbon room mic is a nice touch. I also enjoy the chamber way more than expected. From the demo I thought it sounded a LITTLE trashy but the condenser setting really shines.... and the Plate is amazing. I never owned Sunset but from the demo it never impressed me as much as this one does. I'm also a big fan of the user interface to be honest. And the last-minute-added overload LED is also cool since I always found Sunset to be distorting VERY early.

multree wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:34 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:18 pm the SSL preamp modeling in FAME's Studio B (DRY SOLO)
does that mean that running audio through the dry channel in Fame only, will result in modeled preamp coloration?? SSL, Neve (Studio A and B / Modern switch) and UA (vintage switch position)??? I didn't realize.
Yes. Sunset Sound, too (API,Neve,API). IK are quite explicit that they modeled the full console signal paths.

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:49 am
Yes. Sunset Sound, too (API,Neve,API). IK are quite explicit that they modeled the full console signal paths.
I thought that only applies to the effected sound and not the direct channel..... :oops:

multree wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:41 am
I thought that only applies to the effected sound and not the direct channel..... :oops:
I had that concern myself so I tested it out, and found that the DRY output is definitely going through the console emulation as well.

jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:48 am
I had that concern myself so I tested it out, and found that the DRY output is definitely going through the console emulation as well.
since I really couldn't hear the difference between the bypassed plug-in and the dry signal running through the plug-in I just tested it using the Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer I'm just playing around with and there's NO.... absolutely NO difference.

I know the EQ Curve Analyzer doesn't say much about harmonic content but that there's NO change in frequency response seems unlikely if it's a true analog model. I mean at least in the vintage mode (which is meant to be the UA console with 610 preamps) you should see (and hear) a difference in frequency response. But there is none.

It's still a wonderful reverb plug-in but I don't think the dry signal is affected at all. if it is it must be REALLY subtle (which would't be a bad thing in a reverb plug-in)

multree wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:45 pm
jamcat wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:48 am
since I really couldn't hear the difference between the bypassed plug-in and the dry signal running through the plug-in I just tested it using the Bertom EQ Curve Analyzer I'm just playing around with and there's NO.... absolutely NO difference.

I know the EQ Curve Analyzer doesn't say much about harmonic content but that there's NO change in frequency response seems unlikely if it's a true analog model. I mean at least in the vintage mode (which is meant to be the UA console with 610 preamps) you should see (and hear) a difference in frequency response. But there is none.

It's still a wonderful reverb plug-in but I don't think the dry signal is affected at all. if it is it must be REALLY subtle (which would't be a bad thing in a reverb plug-in)
You are correct. I went back and checked in an analyzer and also found there are no harmonics being added whatsoever through the dry signal in the mixer. That's a pretty big disappointment. Once again IK does it half-assed.

But at least there is still Waves SSL EV2.

Return to “Effects”